Export thread

Do you smoke weed?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Petition to change the brazelton tag to the BLAZE A TON TAG

Also for the purposes of this poll/posts, assume "smoking" includes vaping, edibles, dabs, wax, whatever science method you use that isn't combustion.

Normally I don't like non-public polls, but I realize that there are a lot of cops on this site and our personal information and all that, so I realize it might be better to keep it anonymous.

Also if you get high medically and recreationally, just pick whichever you feel is the more accurate choice

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

It's apparently gonna be legal in Canada soon, but my answer is no. I don't smoke weed.

I doubt I'll bother with it when it's legal, either

Dei

Dei

I have a lot of friends that use weed, but I have not.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I did when I was in my 20s. Then I realized I didn't want to be like the people I was smoking with. It was time to be an adult instead of a grown up child.
Plus once I quit I lost 40 pounds since I wasn't eating junk all the time.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

It was time to be an adult instead of a grown up child.
whoa, how's the view from up there on Mount Pious?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

whoa, how's the view from up there on Mount Pious?
I didn't say OMG EVERYONE WHO SMOKES POT IS A WORTHLESS JACKHOLE. I felt like I was surrounding myself with adults who acted like children. I didn't want to be like them. How is that pious?

But obviously I touched a nerve.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Couple times in college. Didn't like how it made me feel... my brain felt like I was underwater too long and couldn't come up for air.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I had more edibles than I should've and it was maybe the worst experience of my life. Even the good parts of the high didn't feel as good as a nice drunk, so I just stick to alcohol.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I tried it a couple times, didn't particularly like it, but I'm all for legalizing it. If it were legal, I'd probably try it again, but doubt it would be a regular thing.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Everyone who smokes pot is a worthless jackhole. :cool:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Have never smoked it, don't feel that I ever will. But then, I said I would never drink, so...

On the other hand, I think it should be legalized and regulated, just like booze. People are still gonna grow their own, even sell covertly, but if there is a legal supply, there would be a lot less fringe members doing covert shit to obtain it. And we could finally stop bothering kids whose only crime was smoking a blunt. I've got other things to do.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I feel like I could do a good job growing it, like some sort of niche small-batch person.
That said, I have never smoked nor otherwise consumed it.
I would never smoke it mainly because I have never smoked anything and have that unbroken streak going and want to keep it until I die.
As to other consumption...well, I don't drink for effect*, so I probably wouldn't cannabis for effect, though I think I would probably try to at least once just so I could find out what all the fuss was about.

--Patrick
*I do not wish to operate without control rods in place, I feel like I might inflict an amount of cruelty that I would regret later.

Dave

Dave

I have imbibed a grand total of once. I did not find the experience rewarding. In fact, it's my closer for my comedy routine. Well, for every one except the upcoming post prom.

I think weed should be legal, taxed, and regulated. But I still wouldn't do it. Not because I'm high & mighty (excusing the pun), just that it and I did not play well together.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

My biggest eye-opener on this was my father, my straight-arrow, rarely-drinking, I catch you smoking I'll beat your ass father, talking about getting clear of his security clearance and buying a dime bag. It was at this point that I learned my father was a libertarian, by and large.

Of course, his constant obtaining of computer games from... alternate suppliers should've been my first clue.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Have never touched it for the same reason I've never smoked anything legal, either: I can't stand the smell. And having been around people who were partaking, nothing about their reactions made me feel like I wasn't missing anything.

Count me in for those who think it should be legal, taxed and regulated, but I also think that the penalties for getting driving under the influence should be extremely unforgiving. Blaze up all you want in your home, but don't even think of getting behind the wheel where you can kill another person. (I wish drunk driving laws were stricter, too.)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was a non-smoker living in a house of guys (4 others) that did. Man, all my other college friends thought I was a head because all my stuff smelled like burnt rope.

I likely had more contact highs than a stoner's cat.

But when I did try, I did not like the way I felt.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I agree it should be legalized. When my grandfather was getting radiation treatments it destroyed his salivary glands and he lost his appetite. Added to being taken off of Prednisone, he lost a lot of weight at once. My mom and I wanted to get him some weed so he would eat, but we were afraid of getting caught.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Have never touched it for the same reason I've never smoked anything legal, either: I can't stand the smell.
I think that most herbs and even tobacco smell wonderful. I mean, I've contemplated hanging up sachets of vanilla pipe tobacco to have that smell wafting about my house.
But unfortunately, most people ignore that and go and set it on fire, and that is a smell that I also am not fond of.

--Patrick

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Pipe tobacco is glorious... some cigars smell divine.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have never smelled a cigar that didn't have the odor of a Port-a-Potty.

Pipes and pipe tobacco, though, remind me of the grandfather I mentioned in my previous post.

General Specific

General Specific

I'm one of those that has never smoked anything and has no desire to. I did have a roommate once that did smoke weed and I didn't really care.

Null

Null

I have asthma so smoking anything is a bad idea. That being said, I think it should be legalized and regulated like alcohol.

Celt Z

Celt Z

My friends's dad used to smoke a pipe, and whatever tobacco he used always smelled lovely. This may be the exception for me, but it didn't make we want to take up pipe smoking.

Zappit

Zappit

Charlie, are you a narc?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie, are you a narc?
all my venom toward police officers is really because I'm a pissed DEA agent

Zappit

Zappit

all my venom toward police officers is really because I'm a pissed DEA agent
Honestly, that makes a lot of sense. Is that an official admission? :unibrow:

Anonymous

God, I wish I could smoke a little every week. I expected to hate it, but it takes away my anxiety without making me feel lazy or stupid. It mainly just makes me very quiet and calm for a little while. I've done work on it. It doesn't immobilize me like alcohol does. In a small town like this, it would completely destroy my chances of employment if I ever did it and got caught. So I almost never do it.

Dave

Dave

See, that's just dumb. You could get ripped drunk every night and people would say, "Well, they needed the buzz." Yet weed would ruin you and it's less destructive, not habit forming, and those who use it do not get violent. If anything, weed should be legal and alcohol should be outlawed. It IS the gateway drug, you know.

Frank

Frank

I did when I was younger. I obviously don't now. I agree with Charon by and large.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I personally believe that alcohol is way more dangerous.

I'm curious to see how legalizing it will go here and how much tax revenue it will generate.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

...not habit forming...
From what I know based on classes I've taken it's not addictive, but it is habit forming.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

From what I know based on classes I've taken it's not addictive, but it is habit forming.
In the same way that masturbation is... it's not, in and of itself, addictive, but the results can be.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

In the same way that masturbation is... it's not, in and of itself, addictive, but the results can be.
Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem. If you smoke a joint now and then in the same way a casual drinker has a beer once in a while with friends, well ok. If you are spending a good part of the day planning out when you can get high next and not taking responsibility for other areas of your life, then you might have an abusive habit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem. If you smoke a joint now and then in the same way a casual drinker has a beer once in a while with friends, well ok. If you are spending a good part of the day planning out when you can get high next and not taking responsibility for other areas of your life, then you might have an abusive habit.
I don't think I'd be able to smoke in the shower.

Dave

Dave

I don't think I'd be able to smoke in the shower.
Not with that attitude.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I have never smelled a cigar that didn't have the odor of a Port-a-Potty.
That's likely because you've only encountered cheap cigars so far.

The really good stuff, the really expensive cigars, they smell like an expensive Port-a-Potty.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's likely because you've only encountered cheap cigars so far.

The really good stuff, the really expensive cigars, they smell like an expensive Port-a-Potty.
They smell like champagne farts and caviar diarrhea.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I never have, and never will. You want to, fine, but if you get out in public and cause harm to someone, I want you buried under the jail.

I feel the same way about drinking, don't and won't.

I don't care if someone has a drink, or even likes to get drunk, but keep it off the streets where impairment can't affect other people that had nothing to do with your recreation.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Don't worry Tin, some day you'll grow up to be a player coach on a minor league hockey team.

fade

fade

Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem.
You just described 50% of the population.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Whenever someone asks me if I ever smoke weed I tell them no, that my vice was dip. And then they all run away like scared peasants.

Anonymous

Yeah, I have to say....weed isn't addictive, fine, but it's damn well habit forming and psychologically addictive. I've had periods - coming off one now, in fact - where my whole life was pretty much "work, come home, fall in couch, smoke myself silly in front of TV, rinse, repeat", and anything that kept me away from being able to hole up in my security blanket/safe space/shelter/... and light up - going shopping, going out with friends, doing household chores - was an annoyance because it kept me from it.
I do enjoy a joint from time to time - it really helps me let go of a lot of anxieties, helps with not caring as much about some things, it takes a lot of the ever-heavy, ever-present load off my mind....But it doesn't solve anything. It just makes me care less. As such, for someone depressed or burnt out, it's at most a stopgap. But it's an easy rut to fall in, it's easy to get into a rhythm. I'm not saying it's particularly worse than the oh-so-many people who come home from work, settle in their couch, and open up the first beer of the evening - there's plenty of people like that too....But that isn't a great or healthy way of dealing with life, either.

I'm all in favor of legalization and taxation, as it really isn't any worse than cigarettes or alcohol... But those claiming it's "perfectly safe" or "not addictive" are somewhat disingenuous. It can be a problem, especially for people with addictive personalities. Just like alcohol or tobacco, it still needs sensibilization campaigns and such. It's not a life-destroying drug like cocaine or heroine is, certainly, but neither is it "harmless fun".

Dave

Dave

Anything can be psychologically addictive. Computers, cell phones, working out, etc. It ain't the vehicle, man, it's the driver.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

I don't. But for someone who doesn't, I'm about as liberal as a person can be regarding people who do. as long as it doesn't affect me, do your thing. I've probably had a contact high a couple of times though from parties I attended after work. I'm the guy who gets accused of being a cop because I refuse the joint when they pass it to me. The number of times I've had this conversation:

Stoner Dude takes a hit & passes the joint to me

Me: no thanks I don't smoke

Stoner dude: (as he passes the joint to the guy next to me, giving me the stink-eye) Are you a cop?

Me: Nope, not a cop

SD: Cause you know... if I ask you... you have to tell me.

Me: Well asking me as you pass me the joint is a little late don't ya think?

I've seen the all-consuming effect that it has on some people. I managed a restaurant for 10 years, waited tables in the same restaurant 5 years before that. I've seen a lot of college aged adults come in, start to discover the wonders of weed, & then lose all interest in all else. I had a kid come in, we called him Cartman because he was the physical embodiment of Eric Cartman, right down to the voice. When he started, he was active, he was an umpire for local youth baseball games. he would go out & do 5-6 games on a Saturday & several more during the week. He starts smoking weed, starts listening to Phish, and does fewer & fewer baseball games until he stops that completely & all he cares about is when he can blaze up next.

I actually had to have a meeting with my employees once after I almost caught them smoking weed out the back door. I say almost because I didn't actually catch them, just they looked real startled when I poked my head out the door to tell them that we had a table come in, & the area reeked of pot smoke. Shortly after I called the meeting to explain to them that I didn't care what they did with the other 18 hours a day that they weren't working at the restaurant, but during the 6 they were working at the restaurant, don't smoke weed. I can't control what they do before or after (although it would be nice if they could not come in higher than a kite), just give me 6 hours where you don't smoke on the premises. Of course, I also had to lock up the aerosol cans of whipped cream we kept in the walk-in cooler so, you know, once an addict...

I also had to break up a fight between two employees once because one dumbass left his carry-out styrofoam box of weed on the prep table when he went home & the other employee found it, took it home & smoked it.

Anonymous

I've seen the all-consuming effect that it has on some people. I managed a restaurant for 10 years, waited tables in the same restaurant 5 years before that. I've seen a lot of college aged adults come in, start to discover the wonders of weed, & then lose all interest in all else. I had a kid come in, we called him Cartman because he was the physical embodiment of Eric Cartman, right down to the voice. When he started, he was active, he was an umpire for local youth baseball games. he would go out & do 5-6 games on a Saturday & several more during the week. He starts smoking weed, starts listening to Phish, and does fewer & fewer baseball games until he stops that completely & all he cares about is when he can blaze up next.
This. Yes, greasy food or metal music can be habit forming....But I've found few other things (no, not even smartphones....usually) can so dominate a person's life. Far more than tobacco, and I might even say more than alcohol (though alcohol has worse other side effects). To paraphrase a professor from somewhere but I don't remember which or where, "pot smokers like to claim they become more creative and original when they smoke. Perhaps they do, at first. But I've seen far too many intelligent, creative people start smoking, and a while later, the only thing they use their intellect and creativity for, is to find the next place or way to light up".

PatrThom

PatrThom

Stoner Dude takes a hit & passes the joint to me

Me: no thanks I don't smoke

Stoner dude: (as he passes the joint to the guy next to me, giving me the stink-eye) Are you a cop?

Me: Nope, not a cop

SD: Cause you know... if I ask you... you have to tell me.

Me: Well asking me as you pass me the joint is a little late don't ya think?
I've been that guy.
Also, the cops don't have to tell you, just FYI.

--Patrick

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

No interest whatsoever in actually smoking it. Don't really like things that get me out of my own head much (barely drink). I'm suspect I'm too much of a control freak.

Entirely in favor of legalization/regulation. The War on Drugs is a blight on our society.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Never have, and I'm not inclined to try it. I don't care for the smell, and there's no strong temptation to try in some other form. I wouldn't rule out some day with the right person/people.

Calleja

Calleja

Pretty much every night, also the best anti-insomnia med I've ever taken, including prescribed anxiolytics. Not that I don't also use it to enjoy The Flash 10x more than sober.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Pretty much every night, also the best anti-insomnia med I've ever taken, including prescribed anxiolytics. Not that I don't also use it to enjoy The Flash 10x more than sober.
Nice. Also sup?

Calleja

Calleja

Nice. Also sup?
Not much, too much free time and Ed hit me up the other day worried about Hurricane Patty killing me and it warmed the cockles of my heart so I started lurking a bit and now I guess I'm posting again? For today?

Sup with you, Charles?

Dave

Dave

Not much, too much free time and Ed hit me up the other day worried about Hurricane Patty killing me and it warmed the cockles of my heart so I started lurking a bit and now I guess I'm posting again? For today?

Sup with you, Charles?
Yo! Who loves ya, baby?

Calleja

Calleja

Yo! Who loves ya, baby?
You know you have a permanent spot in my heart AND my couch, Turbs :heart:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Heya Calleja, good to see ya.

Calleja

Calleja

Heya Calleja, good to see ya.
You too, FartThief! Been watching some of your YouTubes, you should do a solo Let's Play series, been kind of obsessed with those lately.

Dei

Dei

He doesn't have time for solo games, we have co-oping to do! [emoji14]

GasBandit

GasBandit

You too, FartThief! Been watching some of your YouTubes, you should do a solo Let's Play series, been kind of obsessed with those lately.
The real question is, did you watch Halforums Academy 2 yet?[DOUBLEPOST=1447351258,1447351218][/DOUBLEPOST]
He doesn't have time for solo games, we have co-oping to do! [emoji14]
Broadcasting most every weeknight around 8pm central on steam!

Dei

Dei

Yes, come watch me walk into clearly visible land mines, slip on every patch of ice, and aggro all packs of enemies with my face.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes, come watch me walk into clearly visible land mines, slip on every patch of ice, and aggro all packs of enemies with my face.
Since my respec turned me basically into the incredible hulk, though, now it's my job to face-check everything.

Dei

Dei

Because that stops me. Honestly.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Because that stops me. Honestly.
Haven't you healed me yet?!

Dei

Dei

Haven't you healed me yet?!
Stop being so needy.

Emrys

Emrys

Get a room, you two!

Calleja

Calleja

STILL DO ERRYDAY

But now with a Mighty+ vaporizer instead of combustion because my lungs needed it and I'm old.

Frank

Frank

Man, straight arrow me from when this thread was made would scoff at the stoner dork I've become. I think he's a jack-booted asshole.

phil

phil

Man, straight arrow me from when this thread was made would scoff at the stoner dork I've become. I think he's a jack-booted asshole.
Went from being The Man to being da' man.

Dave

Dave

I not only don’t but due to my job now I can’t. If there was an accident I’d get tested and if anything were in my system I’d be gone.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I had more edibles than I should've and it was maybe the worst experience of my life. Even the good parts of the high didn't feel as good as a nice drunk, so I just stick to alcohol.
In the time since i posted this i got into smoking, got to the point of daily usage, and waned back down to once a month at most.

PatrThom

PatrThom

In the time since this was posted I still haven't ever, by choice.
And not because of some holier-than-thou attitude, just because nothing has given me enough incentive to try.

--Patrick

Calleja

Calleja

This thread was also started before legalization was so widespread! There's a whole legal industry in some states now, it's weird how some states (and the feds) hold on so tight to the losing battle of keeping it illegal, though.

Mexico has decriminalized weed and made CBD legal. Supposedly full legalization is imminent, you've probably seen the headlines for a couple of years "MEXICO POISED TO LEGALIZE", but in practice the senate is too... senate-y. It'll be 5 years until I can go into a smoke shop to buy flower, methinks, AT LEAST.

But like I mentioned years ago here, I have pretty bad insomnia and anxiety and I've tried the "proper" and legal meds, but the side efects are always always worse than weed's, with similar or worse results for the anxiety itself. So I've been clearly self-medicating illegaly and then semi-legally since my early 20's.

But since April 20 2021 (yes that's 420, kinda by coincidence kinda not) I switched to almost exclusively vaping. No fire, only terps.

I recently upgraded my starter herb vape to the Mighty+, the Ferrar.. actually it's german, let's call it the BMW of herb vapes, and if any of you consume regulalry I can't recommend switching away from fire enough. You use less, you get just as high (or more, you destroy some cannabinoids with fire that the vape keeps) and your lungs and whole respiratory system will feel like new. Oh and you can keep your Already Vaped herb for edibles.

1659021238881.png

(not my picture I'm not that hairy)

Far

Far

I don't any more much. But that's common for me, I'll go in alternating waves where I do daily for a few years then slowly taper off to none and finally stop for a few years, then pick up again eventually.

I'd also switched over the course of time from smoking joints to bongs/pipes to home vaporizer to handheld and finally to edibles. There was some overlap of the last two when I last stopped but I find edibles easier to manage day to day and milder over all.

Canada went legalised October 2018, but having lived in BC for 10 years before that, and even in Ontario to some extent before moving, it always kind of was anyway.

phil

phil

I can buy the hemp derived edibles here legally (for now) and enjoy those

Fun story the first time I got it they all had melted together. I didn't realize that this was 10 gummies fused into 1 so I was like "God damn this is big but I guess it makes sense. They can't use too much THC for it to be legal. Better be safe though and only take half"

Fuckin on the moon by the end of the night.

Far

Far

Edibles I always go by half now, half in an hour but that still would have sent me to space as well.

Calleja

Calleja

Did you know that an estimated 10-15% of the population is immune to edible THC because of some enzyme in their liver (or lack thereof) that won't metabolize the THC into it's psychedelic edible form?

I know it first hand because I'M ONE OF THEM.

For years I thought my (smoking) tolerance made it hard for me to feel the edibles I can get down here (which isn't really a thing, smoked THC is a different molecule than ingested THC after it passes through the liver, so tolerances shouldn't be the same). Then one tiny bite of a weed cookie sent a friend to the ER (he was ok just a noob)... after I had eaten 2 entire ones with literally no effect.

So I decided to put it to the test, got 3 big-ass brownies that I knew had at least 150mg in each. Half of one is what a stoner friend eats to completely zonk-off for an entire evening. And he weighs like 1.5x Callejas.

I ate 3. In one sitting. It was hard af even with milk, but I had SCIENCING to do.

Nothing happened. I didn't even get a slight buzz.

So, yeah. I envy you edibles people because that's actually the best way to actually measure dosage and I'd love to be able to microdose and shit.

But nooooooo stupid DNA keeps barring me from fun stuff.

Frank

Frank

I'm the same way. I take a huge doses in edible form.

Mathias

Mathias

Man, where did this thread come from!?!? An old Chuckie post? Am I high right now?!?

Dave

Dave

His legacy lives on!

Simfers

Simfers

I realize now that while I answered the poll, I never elaborated:

I tried it once, in 2005 or so. It did NOTHING to me, so I figured there was no point and never did it again.

That was the same evening I tried a cigarette for the first and last time. Unlike weed, which was I was just wholly indifferent to, tobacco grossed me out. It tasted like ass past its prime.

So never touched THAT again either.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I realize now that while I answered the poll, I never elaborated:

I tried it once, in 2005 or so. It did NOTHING to me, so I figured there was no point and never did it again.

That was the same evening I tried a cigarette for the first and last time. Unlike weed, which was I was just wholly indifferent to, tobacco grossed me out. It tasted like ass past its prime.

So never touched THAT again either.
Not that I'm trying to turn you into a pothead or anything, but "it didn't do anything" is everyone's first reaction, especially if you're not a regular smoker of anything else.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What? What?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just goes to show you that Time, and money, heals all wounds.

Dave

Dave

Just goes to show you that Time, and money, heals all wounds.
So does plastic surgery on ears.

(Just a joke. I don't know if he actually did that.)

David

David

I definitely had the "did it once and it did nothing" experience when this thread was posted. A couple years later I inhaled a bowl with some friends and had an amazing experience that I haven't had a chance to do again since, but definitely interested. I've tried edibles and they don't hit me the same. The neighboring state I'm on the border of just full legalized so I could have a chance to pop in and just buy some soon, I haven't felt like driving the opposite direction across the state to Denver.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've never really tried it properly. About 30 yrs ago, I had the most micro toke and nothing happened. I was quite straightedge through HS and most of college. I have never lived where it was legal, but would like to try it. I am way more interested in psilocybin though. Never tried that.

phil

phil

I've never really tried it properly. About 30 yrs ago, I had the most micro toke and nothing happened. I was quite straightedge through HS and most of college. I have never lived where it was legal, but would like to try it. I am way more interested in psilocybin though. Never tried that.
I had a good time on it but I'd highly recommend going in very prepared. We got easy access snacks and stuff and set aside the whole day. Anything that can bring the mood down was felt a lot more. Like we were listening to a D&D actual play and the group was in the forrest of the nightmare king and that started to be unfun. We turned it off though and did something else.

I haven't tripped since but sometimes I make a little tea with it in small doses. If I can get the dose right it's VERY relaxing.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I am such a square that I probably won't try it until I can get it from Walgreens. But I've read Michael Pollans book and listened to a bunch of podcasts about it. I think I could really benefit from it.

Simfers

Simfers

Tried out a weed gummy over the week-end. It tasted awful and had about as much effect as an actual gummy bear.

So, strike 2?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've never even tried it. Never rrally had an interest, honestly. I find I can't stand the smell.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The spam bots are getting smarter.

Calleja

Calleja

Ohhh that's the mention I got a notification about? SPAM BOTS ON WEED?!

Dave

Dave

Yup. It really wanted to say hi!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, I've noticed that spam bots have started trying to tag other posters in the thread in their spam posts.

It's a frustrating fight against these guys. CAPTCHA is only about 75% effective, and most of what gets through that is caught by other anti-spam methods... but in the current climate of botnets, rapidly proliferating VPNs, chinese/russian spam farms, and of course, AI, it's inevitable that one or two a week are going to get through.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Is our captcha to identify steak cooked to medium rare?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is our captcha to identify steak cooked to medium rare?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, he didn't say "steak cooked correctly" :awesome:

Frank

Frank

BEEP BOOP @Calleja WEED!

I'm off work today and exceptionally high.

Calleja

Calleja

I JUST GOT OFF WORK AND AM PUFFING AWAY ON MY MIGHTY+ HIGHEST OF FIVES @Frank