Domain Names and Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been contemplating a website domain and hosting, preferably on the cheap side for my TOR guild.

Do any of you have any experience as to where one can find cheap or even free domain registration? I've seen domain names go as low as 5$ but is that the best one can get?

Also, I'm looking for guild hosting, preferably on the free side, preferably with something already build in to be used as a "news feed", application processing and obviously a forum.

Your assistance and advice of this matter is very welcomed.

Dave

Staff member
Isn't there guild sites specifically for WoW? Let me look into this.
Added at: 12:07
WoWStead has free and premium sites available.

GuildPortal has free and premium sites as well, but the free sites are much better than WoWStead, even if WoWStead looks better overall.
Added at: 12:13
Also, Guildomatic, GuildLaunch.com or Guildzilla.

Pretty much all of these have a free and premium area. Free is apparently always 10 MB storage. Most premium is about $6-7 a month.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have to say that when I played Warhammer online and ran a guild there, guildlaunch really made running the guild's website and forum really easy. There's a lot going on behind the scenes in the control panels there that really lets you customize your site how you want it to be. And we just used the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.