Dragonquest IX sells 2.343 million copies in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always honestly wanted to get into Dragonquest. Which one should I start on? I have a PS2, Wii, DS and PSP.

I was thinking of the PS2 version with the hottie in pigtails, who rivals Power Girl in chestitude!

I have the PS2 one that came out around the same time as FF XII.

It's really old school turn based JRPG, which in my eyes is a good thing.

Shegokigo said:
I was thinking of the PS2 version with the hottie in pigtails, who rivals Power Girl in chestitude!
I think I'm going to need a pic of this, because I'm not familiar with that one...

Also, I have Dragon Quest IV and V on DS, and they're both really superb. 4 (chapters of the chosen) has a very interesting story setup that I enjoyed a lot, and 5 goes even further, while also introducing the ability to recruit monsters into your party.

As far as I can tell, none of the games are connected, so you won't hurt from not playing the previous ones.

Shegokigo said:
I have always honestly wanted to get into Dragonquest. Which one should I start on? I have a PS2, Wii, DS and PSP.

That would be DragonQuest 8: Journey of the Cursed King. And that woman would be Jessica... and she has alternate, skimpier outfits if you really want them.

I'd start with DQ8 and then maybe get DQ7 if you like it. I got 100 hours into DQ7 and had only JUST started the second disk.

J

JCM

If you have a PS2, get Dragonquest VIII. Dont worry, every game is an all new story, with new characters and IP, akin to the latter Final Fantasy series.

Now, on the DS, there is DQ IV and V, I suggest playing IV for its multi-tiered story.

Im also a fan of the DQ:Monsters Joker (the DQ:Monsters franchise which predates Pokemon in the "monster-hunting collecting"), and Luiza loves the DS rocket slime game.

Bowielee said:
I have the PS2 one that came out around the same time as FF XII.

It's really old school turn based JRPG, which in my eyes is a good thing.
After having played 5646103578556456456779 of these JRPGs, I've grown sick of them. They are all too damn similar. Their control system, their story, the art style, combat style, menu style, sound style, dialog style, etc. Come on, it's been 20 years, SURELY you can come up with some *new* ideas? It's worse for all the NDS ones because they all look like Final Fantasy.

Dragonquest IX selles 2.343 million copies in 2 days

Charlie Dont Surf said:
what the fuck is dragonquest
You should probably go back to movies, since you don't know anything about games. :slywink:

AngelofBitterness said:
After having played 5646103578556456456779 of these JRPGs, I've grown sick of them. They are all too damn similar. Their control system, their story, the art style, combat style, menu style, sound style, dialog style, etc. Come on, it's been 20 years, SURELY you can come up with some *new* ideas? It's worse for all the NDS ones because they all look like Final Fantasy.
Apparantely you HAVEN'T played alot of JRPGs. :rofl: I will give you the fact that alot of them are coming off "graphically" like the newer Final Fantasies, hence why games like Blue Dragon and Dragon Quest appeal to me, since they're insipired and drawn by Akira Toriyama, which obviously gets me giddy being a Dragonball fan. :drool:
Krisken said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
You should probably go back to movies, since you don't know anything about games. :slywink:
To be fair, he's pretty clueless about movies too. :slywink:

C

Chibibar

Ravenpoe said:
So in other words, everyone in japan has called in sick?

Now is the time to strike.
heh... and here I thought only when Final Fantasy comes out.

You think when Starcraft 2 comes out, Korea (north and South) will have a cease fire? ;)

Shegokigo said:
Krisken said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
I admittedly don't know shit about video games. I won't pretend to.

BUT

:retard: - "The Resident Evil trilogy is better than the Bourne trilogy"

C

Chibibar

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Shegokigo said:
Krisken said:
\"Charlie Dont Surf\":2km600z4 said:
I admittedly don't know shit about video games. I won't pretend to.

BUT

:retard: - "The Resident Evil trilogy is better than the Bourne trilogy"[/quote:2km600z4]

Heh. Having played Resident Evil game and watching the movies. I do like it.

Bourne movies are ok. I'll watch it if it is on TV.

I just can't wait for Resident Evil Anthology (or whatever it is called) re-release for the Wii.

Oh.. that reminds me, for those playing Left 4 Dead, there is a group making a campaign for RE1... here is the link. Progenitor Project IT LOOKS AWESOME!

^:slywink::slywink::slywink: LOOK AT ME GUYS I'M BEING SUBTLE.

Chibibar said:
heh... and here I thought only when Final Fantasy comes out.

You think when Starcraft 2 comes out, Korea (north and South) will have a cease fire? ;)
noone in NK has a personal computer.

Chibibar said:
Shegokigo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dragonquest BIGGER than Final Fantasy in Japan?
No idea. I love both games :)
wait, are you japanese?

i have been going under the assumption that you were chinese for like, the past year?

anyway, yeah, i have heard that dragon quest is bigger than FF in japan.

C

Chibibar

Gurpel said:
wait, are you japanese?

i have been going under the assumption that you were chinese for like, the past year?

anyway, yeah, i have heard that dragon quest is bigger than FF in japan.
Yea. I'm Chinese/Thai/Indian :)

I have friends who are American Japanese, but no "pureblood"* Japanese in Japan that I know of. they love both too so I don't know the answer.

* It is weird that while Japan accepts many thing from different culture, they don't really accept different people INTO their culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.