end of an era -cadburys bought by kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
well damn. they finally gave out, and got bought out :(

I can't really quite say why it feels sad. i mean, theres probably not going to be any change for a while (if at all) to the product, but... feels like somethings gone. along with probably one hell of a lot of jobs. it feels like one of the few remaining industries doing in the uk caved in.

*pours out his hot chocolate*

i'll miss you most of all drumming gorilla.

Dave

Staff member
*pfft* He totally wasn't playing the drums. The beats are all off.

And I'm not sure this move will affect me at all but it's sad to see such a big company gobbling up brands, jobs, lives...

Dear Lord,

Please allow for this purchase to result in Hershey no longer making the US Cadbury Creme Egg, Leading to the return of the proper size egg.

Your fan,

Covar

Forget the eggs!

If I lose a viable alternative to Hershey I'm gonna severely cut back on my chocolate intake.

S

Shadazz

Having worked in confectionery retail for two years, I can honestly say I don't give a shit as long as I never have to eat chocolate ever again.

I am thankful that Dr. Pepper was spun off with the rest of Cadbury's soft drink lines. I'd hate to think Kraft owned RC Cola.

great now I want a Moon Pie.

The first thing I thought when I read the title of this thread was Mac&Creme Eggs. It was not a pleasant thought.

C

Chazwozel

well damn. they finally gave out, and got bought out :(

I can't really quite say why it feels sad. i mean, theres probably not going to be any change for a while (if at all) to the product, but... feels like somethings gone. along with probably one hell of a lot of jobs. it feels like one of the few remaining industries doing in the uk caved in.

*pours out his hot chocolate*

i'll miss you most of all drumming gorilla.
I'll see your drumming gorilla and raise you a BEER APE!

Am I the only one who wanted that ape to start flipping out and beating the partygoers mercilessly after a few "highjinks"?

Wow, just wow. I really don't know how I feal about this yet. The years I spent working for Cadbury were some of the happiest of my life. They were a fantastic employer, every day felt like working with family and friends. Working there exposed me to so many new people and value systems, I grew more as a person there than any where else, and some where in the back of my mind, I thought that I may go back to them one day.

I guess you can never truly go home again.

C

Chazwozel

Nothing trumps over Beer Ape. Not even a bear fighting a man over salmon.

Z

Zumbo Prime

It truly is sad to see these companies go under. Molson, for instance....

Attack beaver?

R

redapples

... it's sad to see such a big company gobbling up brands, jobs, lives...
Only if you ignore the fact that Cadbury was the 2nd biggest confectionary company in the world. What will be interesting is if the ethical considerations of the company are maintained. The area in Birmingham (UK) that Cadbury was based in, Bournville, is dry. The borders of Bournville are inevitably crowded with pubs. This was in large part because of the influence of Cadbury and their Quaker routes and values. So there might be reason to chear in Birmingham this year.

In 1989, a spectaculary dim Cadbury executive sold the rights to produce/resell Cadbury products in the United States to Hershey for a long length of time. Hershey promptly stopped selling all Cadbury products except for Creme Eggs and made up the money they spent in the vacuum created in the market by the removal of Cadbury Chocolate bars. Cadbury has tried and failled for years to buy Hershey to undo that mistake. So Americans should have no fear of losing your Creme Eggs.

C

Chazwozel

In 1989, a spectaculary dim Cadbury executive sold the rights to produce/resell Cadbury products in the United States to Hershey for a long length of time. Hershey promptly stopped selling all Cadbury products except for Creme Eggs and made up the money they spent in the vacuum created in the market by the removal of Cadbury Chocolate bars. Cadbury has tried and failled for years to buy Hershey to undo that mistake. So Americans should have no fear of losing your Creme Eggs.

Those creme eggs suck anyway.

M

makare

lies! the cadbury eggs are amazing... i love the mini ones.

although i can only eat like half of a large egg before feeling a little queasy.

C

Chazwozel

lies! the cadbury eggs are amazing... i love the mini ones.

although i can only eat like half of a large egg before feeling a little queasy.
They suck! Living in Hershey for 4 years has made me have nothing but contempt for that company's products. It's all terrible. Well, maybe not Reese's so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.