Export thread

Englebert Humperdinck Was An Actual Dude

Fun Size

Fun Size

What's more, there were two actual dudes with that particular moniker, a German composer and a pop singer who actually chose that as a stage name.

:tumbleweed:

That's all. Back to my self-imposed exile. Fun Size, AWAYYYYYYY!

Dave

Dave

You didn't know that he was real? Seriously?

Fun Size

Fun Size

His name was Englebert Humperdinck. Why would anyone assume that was a real person? If not for my William Shatner station on Pandora, I would never have known.

Armadillo

Enough cheese to constipate an elephant:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNNdOFwQjcU&feature=related[/ame]

Dave

Dave

His name was Englebert Humperdinck. Why would anyone assume that was a real person? If not for my William Shatner station on Pandora, I would never have known.
God damn I'm old. I not only knew he was real but could name and sing some of his songs!!

Bowielee

Bowielee

God damn I'm old. I not only knew he was real but could name and sing some of his songs!![/QUOTE]

You and me both.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I actually like Spanish Eyes, which is the one that keeps coming up. Haven't heard anything else. (No YouTubing at work.)

Philosopher B.

I only knew of him 'cause my mom used to whine about how her mom and my grandmother (now deceased) was a huge fan and drug her to an EH concert.

Wasabi Poptart

God damn I'm old. I not only knew he was real but could name and sing some of his songs!![/QUOTE]

Me too, Dave. You, Bowie and I can share a room in the nursing home.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I didn't know him. But then again, him and Tom Jones were a bit late to hit the popularity ratings here in Finland.

Null

Null

Well, Fun Size, I guess you're just a dumbass for not knowing that.

Topic filed under "Who Gives a Shit"

Dave

Dave

He's just young. I forgive the ignorance of youth.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I knew that! Eddie Izzard makes jokes about his name.

Bowielee

Bowielee

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

When I hear Humperdinck, I hear it in Karol Kane's voice as she screams it at Billy Crystal.

HumperdinckHumperdinckHumperdinck, HUMPERDIIIIIIIINNNNNKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Dusty668

I've dated girls who threw underwear at him.

And enjoyed it.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've heard of him, but I'm not sure I know his music.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, I've played some Humperdinck in orchestra. Pretty good.

Cat

Cat

PatrThom

PatrThom

And me three (four?)!
Dammit, who touched the thermostat? I'm cold...and my feet itch. Who are you people and what are you doing in my room? Don't make me call the nurse!

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

And me three (four?)!
Dammit, who touched the thermostat? I'm cold...and my feet itch. Who are you people and what are you doing in my room? Don't make me call the nurse!

--Patrick[/QUOTE]

Get those damn kids OFF MY LAWN! With their hippity hoppity music and their hippie haircuts.