Export thread

EVE Online

LordRendar

LordRendar

So im gonna give this game another shot,since I have a little more time on my hands.
Does anyone have Friend Codes to give out?

Necronic

Necronic

First let me just point out that I did NOT start this thread.

Second, AWESOME DUDE!

Third, how many SP did you build up on your old account? It may be worth reactivating your old character and going from there depending on how many SP you have. If I remember correctly you quit pretty quickly didn't you? If you want to restart a brand new character using a buddy code I would be more than happy to supply one, but i don't think you can use buddy codes to reactivate an existing account.

Anyways, if you do have a decent amount of SP from your old character you might consider joining a pirate corp asap. If I remember correctly you were able to score some kills within your first week of playing. Once you get a couple mil SP I might be able to get you into my pirate corp, not sure though.

Also, I'm not maintaining HAL Corp anymore, and am pretty busy in game, but if there's anything I can do to help you out when you get in give me a holler, just FYI I am pretty deep into NPC null sec right now with my main.

BTW for anyone else interested I have like 6 buddy codes at the moment. I think. Gives a 21 day free trial.

Shakey

Shakey

Walking in stations! June 21st is the date for captains quarters, as long as it isn't delayed...

Baerdog

Baerdog

These really are the end days!

And it's making me think about EVE again...

Shakey

Shakey

They've done a lot of changes since you last played. If you get one of those deals to resub for cheap, it might be worth checking out again. They'll probably be sending a bunch of those out soon with Incarna coming out.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Thou art a temptor most foul.

Shakey

Shakey

I do my best.

Honestly, it's still Eve. If the game play didn't float your boat before, it most likely still won't. I like it because I can take a week or two break and not have to feel like I set myself back. All my skills are still training.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I must confess,I really enjoy this game.But I kinda feel lonely cuz all of the Corp Members arent online during my time.
I might reactivate my account though.

Shakey

Shakey

Are you still in Hal Corp? If so, find a new one. No one is active in it anymore. We were just too small and inexperienced to make it work.

Shakey

Shakey

Walking in stations! You can only walk around in your own quarters right now, but it looks pretty slick. I was lazy and didn't feel like flying back to get a screenshot with my battle ship, so you get this.
2011.06.22.21.31.41.jpg

Necronic

Necronic

Aside from that one pic though, Incarna was.....pretty meh imho.

That said, EvE is boss. And yeah, Rendar find a corp. If you want to do piracy there are some low sp pirate corps out there.

Shakey

Shakey

Yeah, seems like Incarna was pretty much just a bunch of graphics updates. The new agent finder is pretty damn nice though. Running missions has gotten a whole lot easier with all the changes they've done to them.

Shakey

Shakey

There's quite a shit storm going on right now about micro transactions and walking in stations. And I thought WoW players could really bring the rage over game changes... Lots of spamming going on in game to "protest".

Baerdog

Baerdog

$80 for a monocle only you can see? Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Shakey

Shakey

Once stations are fully opened, others will see it. You can also use isk to buy the items, so you don't have to spend money on it.

All the rage seems to be more about the piss poor communication, and the possibility that you'll be able to buy special combat items with money. People are still attacking the monuments in amarr and jita. At least its not as bad as yesterday.

Necronic

Necronic

Well, if anyone back in wants a loan let me know. I'm pretty ridiculously space rich these days.

Shakey

Shakey

Can I have about a billion or so for a Nightmare?

Necronic

Necronic

Are you serious? Because if you are we can talk.

Shakey

Shakey

No, I'm not serious... With my luck a pirate would nail me before I even had a chance to scratch the paint. That's a ship I'm definitely not ready for.

LordRendar

LordRendar

How should I respec my attributes if I want to be an Amarr "Pew-Pew" Soldier

Shakey

Shakey

Try to set up a long skill plan in evemon, preferably a year if you can. There is an optimize attributes button that will tell you what you should change your attributes to in order to save the most time. I'm pretty sure they only affect training time, so it really depends on what you still need to train for.

Also, you may want to look into getting a full +4 set of attribute implants. It'll cost about 100 mil, but it will save you a bunch of time. Maybe you can make a deal with Necronic if you need the cash. Just make sure you have a jump clone for pvping or going into lowsec.

Necronic

Necronic

Yeah use EvE Mon to figure out the stats.

As for the skill plan, if you want to fly Amarr you should be focused on getting into a Zealot w/ T2 guns as the long goal, and a Harbinger as the short goal. I don't know a lot about Amarr so I can't give you a lot of advice about how to fit it but those are the 2 primary pew pew boats for early on.

I would seriously suggest training Minmatar first though, the Hurricane is the most ubiquitous PvP ship in game and the Vagabond is an excellent one as well. That said Amarr ships are better for fleets....

Edit: And yeah if you need a loan let me know.

LordRendar

LordRendar

If you could maybe send me 2 mil? my coercer got blown up x.X
Yuuki Ayabara is the pilot name

Necronic

Necronic

sent

Baerdog

Baerdog

Alright guys, I've got the EvE bug again and I'll probably resub at some point this weekend. Besides the elimination of learning skills and the addition of the captain's quarters, what all has changed in the past several months that I should know about? I'm also open to any corp suggestions you guys may have.

Shakey

Shakey

They got rid of agent quality. The amount of rep and reward you get is now based off of the sec status of the system they are in. The lower sec the better. Not really sure what else right now.

Eve University would probably be a good start for a corp. It's a big corp, but they will work with you to help learn/re-learn everything. I think I'm going to sign up with them for a bit.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Well that's the least of my problems right now. At the moment the only thing that happens when I open EvE is a nice pretty black screen and the background music for the login screen.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Deleting and reinstalling the client did the trick. Rick Baern is back in the black!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

...... you guys suck so hard.... I would, but a) still don't have the time and b) my graphics card that COULD run it cooked off a while back... this one? Not a chance.

Sad cop is sad.

Dave

Dave

Must stop reading thread. Must stop reading thread. Must stop...

Shakey

Shakey

I will say this. Once you get past the new player hump, this game is a lot more fun. Especially now that I'm running lvl 4 missions and have a nice steady income.

Dave

Dave

Must stop reading thread. Must stop reading thread. Must stop...

Necronic

Necronic

The game is pretty badass. I've actually got a podcast out on it now :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Hey Necro, what are your characters' names again?

Dave

Dave

The game is pretty badass. I've actually got a podcast out on it now :)
Linkage?

Shakey

Shakey

I just got me a noctis. The Noctis may look like a deep fried muppet, but I love it soooo much. It makes looting and salvaging incredibly easy.

Baerdog

Baerdog

How much does one of those puppies run?

Shakey

Shakey

I think it was around 50 mil. Not sure though.

Baerdog

Baerdog

That's not bad at all.

Shakey

Shakey

No, it's not. The time saved is well worth it. You can clear out a mission in no time at all. It was taking me probably twice as long to loot/salvage before.

Necronic

Necronic

I don't have the direct link (work won't let me go to the webpage), but the podcast is called "ISK", so just google "ISK podcast eve online" and you should find it.

And yeah, downtime manufacturing is pretty fantastic, it's pretty much all I have been doing this summer.

LordRendar

LordRendar

What would be a good Mission Runner/Salvaging ship for Amarr?

Shakey

Shakey

Personally I didn't salvage or even loot much until I got to level 4 missions, it's worth more to just do more missions. Level 2 missions I went with an Arbitrator and Level 3's I went with a Harbinger.

LordRendar

LordRendar

What kinda skills should I have to fly a Omen reasonably well?Just enough to fly missions. I got almost all my basic skills to at least lvl 4.Im just about to finish Amarr Frigates to lvl 4.

Shakey

Shakey

I'm not real sure. For lvl 2's I think enough to fit everything you want should be fine. Hopefully someone else has better advice.

I don't think I went about it the best way. I just put together a Harby in EFT with T2 fittings, and set up a skill plan to get there. T2 guns I trained last. Then I added the skills needed to get into an Apoc with T2 fittings to it, again with guns last. I'm just going back now to work on support skills.

As Amarr, if you don't want to pull all of your hair out in frustration, stay away from missions against Angels. Their resists make our pew pew lazors pretty useless.
Added at: 16:12
Also, I didn't get into a Harby until I could fit T2 everything, except for guns. I didn't get into an Apoc until I could fit T2 everything, including guns.

LordRendar

LordRendar

How do I know that the mission will be against Angels? will it be in the description?

Shakey

Shakey

This is a horrible picture, but hopefully it will work. What I circled is the logo for the faction you'll be fighting. You can click on it to get more info. The one shown here is blood raiders.
Capture.JPG

Also check out http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=missionreports. It will give you a good overview of what to expect and the best way to run the mission.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I finaly got my Omen. :D Time for some lvl 2 missions.

Shakey

Shakey

Awesome! I'm guessing you're in Amarr space, so if you ever need help and I'm on let me know. The name is Shakey Jonez.

I found this amusing. Apparently you can fairly easily replace the video that shows on the screen of your captains quarters.

Necronic

Necronic

That's interesting. Can you turn it into anything? Can I watch Game of Thrones in CQ?

Shakey

Shakey

I don't know the specifics, but all you have to do is encode the video into a different format and replace a certain file in your eve directory with it. I doubt there is any way to pause/fastforward/etc so it's not incredibly useful.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Reminds me of back in the day when we'd replace the music in UO with midi's from other games.

I still imagine myself running through Yew whenever I hear "Shadow's Theme FFVI" .

LordRendar

LordRendar

Just had my first Mining OP with my Corp. >.< I know,it is nothing grand,but it builds team work, and i love the sight of 8 mining barges, 3 Orcas and a dozend of Cruisers and Destroyers (refitted for mining) swarming an asteroid belt.

Necronic

Necronic

Just had my first Mining OP with my Corp. >.< I know,it is nothing grand,but it builds team work, and i love the sight of 8 mining barges, 3 Orcas and a dozend of Cruisers and Destroyers (refitted for mining) swarming an asteroid belt.
I enjoy that as well, but more from the perspective of a bunch of suicide disco ships landing in the middle of it and smartbombing everyone.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Thats why we did it in 0.5 space xD

LordRendar

LordRendar

We did our first PVP run in low sec. Yeah....didnt turn out so well xD
After hunting down a couple of -10.0's we got caught in a 2 gate system.Sadly my Omen didnt make it,but I bought enough time for my fleetmates to dock/hide at safepoints

Necronic

Necronic

I actually consider myself a pretty god damned pro-pvper at this point, and I do a fair amount of FCing. If you guys want to do some weekend PvP shit here's what you should bring:

Blackbirds
425mm shield Ruptures
Max gank Shield Vexors
and Thrashers

Really Thrasher/Blackbird swarms can be incredibly effective. They won't kill everything but you would be surprised what they can kill. Moreover, it doesn't matter if you loose them as they cost fuck all.

Dave

Dave

Damn it. First this thread, then I get this email from EVE.

eve_online.png

Necronic

Necronic

Bahahahhaha.

You know you want to.

Shakey

Shakey

Ha! I got a better deal for my old alt. You got more skill books though.
Capture.JPG

David

David

I got the 9.95 offer. Shakey is just special.

Curse you guys I'm downloading the client.

Shakey

Shakey

That account never made it past the trial, which is probably why it got a better deal.

Dave

Dave

Plus they are probably using this ploy to see which offer brings in the most people. They send out an equal amount of both and see what gets redeemed.

David

David

Malevea is flying once again.

Shakey

Shakey

See Dave, everyone except for you is playing again. :p

David

David

For the life of me I can't remember why I have any of my stuff where it is. My Retriever is docked in Oursulaert, but there are no mining fields to speak of. I have ice harvesters sitting in Kamio, is that where the ice harvesting business was?

Dave

Dave

I have 2 accounts & multi-boxed. Don't want to do both and not sure which iof the two I'd reactivate.

Necronic

Necronic

Well, I'll give you guys this piece of advice. Find a good corp. Last time I don't think yall got the full experience, the corp wasn't particularly good. A good corp makes all the difference in the world. Heck, even if it's just EvE University, honestly that one may be a good idea.

Edit: One other thing. My character name in game is Tehg Rhind. I know yall knew who my alt was, DO NOT REPEAT THAT INFORMATION. Period. Tehg Rhind is the name I publish the podcast under, and I can't have that name associated with my other character.

If you want to contact me in game do it through the Tehg character.

Dave

Dave

I remember Daverondol....but what was my other character's name?

Dave

Dave

Turbo Nihsen. Got it.

Shakey

Shakey

Screw eve uni. I filled out an app and waited in their queue for all this time and just get a "derp derp, your app wasn't detailed enough" mail. No specifics, just go fill it out again and hope that after a weeks wait again it'll be what we want.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Those bitches. Let's wreck their shit.

Shakey

Shakey

Heh, after a few messages the guy doesn't seem so bad. Just a shitty process. I basically told him I'll fill the app out again, but nothing will change until they tell me wtf is wrong. I probably won't get accepted...

Anyways, if anyone wants to salvage and loot my missions let me know. I'm starting to lean towards not doing it at all myself. Takes too long to sell all that crap, and I'm a pack rat.

Shakey

Shakey

Yep, didn't get accepted. Fuck them in their dirty assholes. :p

Necronic

Necronic

Look through the recruitment sub-forum, should be some good options in there for you. Might be a good idea for you guys to go to a corp together. Can't believe that EvE Uni won't accept you.

Shakey

Shakey

Yeah, I got into a different corp.

Necronic

Necronic

So like I said I am pretty damned adept at PvP these days. Yall have any questions let me know, I am a VERY different player than I was before.

Necronic

Necronic

Also, check out Project Hallibut. They are a pretty great place to help new players. They help with all sorts of stuff (I would argue they are better than EvE Uni)

Biannoshufu

i kept going up until the monocle debacle. Didn't rage quit, just felt like incarna's other features were a major let down.

I also listened to Necronic's podcasts awhile back. You're mini famous! :)

Dave

Dave

I never did re-up. I couldn't get back into it for some reason. Some games you can solo quite a bit, but EVE you almost always need a good group of people around you. I liked it when we were a Corp, but when we petered out I lost interest.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I may re-up once my finances level out a bit. I actually play games less than I used to, but I loved EvE when I was playing it.

Necronic

Necronic

I bought my first PLEX with manufacturing profit yesterday. Yay...no more paying for Eve for me :)
Man I would *never* buy a PLEX with ISK. Way I see it it takes me more than 2 hours to make enough ISK to buy a PLEX (worth 15 usd), and I can make more than that at my job. I'll work at work, in game I play.

Also here are some basic fits for some PvP ships if you guys are interested:

Hurricane [PVP Standard]
Hi
425mm autocannon IIs
2 Med Neuts (ML 2 probably best choice)

Med
Y-T MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

Lows
3x Gyrostab II
2x Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Rigs
2x Medium Core Defense Field Extender
1x Anti-EM shield thingy

Drones
Warrior iis
or
Hornet EC-300s

Probably the best mid level PvP ship out there. Load with Barrage or RF EMP. Fight out ~ 20 km. Anything gets close Neut it down. Not the biggest tank but does a LOT of damage at long range.

Drop one Gyro and add a Nanofiber for a faster version. Drop one Neut and add a smartbomb (explosive best named) for a boat better suited for dealing with drones.
-----------------------------

Rupture [Mini-cane]

220mm Autocannon IIs
2 neuts (ML 2 is probably best)

Y-T MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender

Damage Control II
2xGyro
2xTracking Enhancer

Rigs
2xAnti-EM shield thingys
1x Medium Core defense shield extender

Drones
Warriors or Hornet EC-300s

Fly this pretty similar to cane. Drop a Tracking Enhancer for a nanofiber if you want MOAR SPEED. You could also downgrade one Neut to a small and fit 425s instead of 220s, but personally I don't like the poor tracking of the 425s on this ship.

-------------------------

Vexor [I like to move it move it.]

[Vexor, shieldgank]
Damage Control II
3x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

[empty high slot]
4x Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
2x Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Drones
Use DPS drones

You can drop one mag stab for a nanofiber to get MOAR SPEED (may also allow T2 Shield extender). Unlike the Rupture and Cane fits this one is meant to get up close and personal. Fly into your enemy at an angle (keeping transveral up) and start pounding on him. Very fun, VERY DANGEROUS. Almost took out a cane with this.

---------------------------------

Thrasher [Trasher]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Medium Shield Extender II

7x 200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defence Field Extender I
This thing will BUTCHER frigates and die to anything else. Downgrade everything to T1 to make is way cheaper. Tons of fun to fly these as they are completely throwaway.

Necronic

Necronic

Does anyone have standings high enough to anchor a POS? If so let me know, I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for you to make me a corp with standings that I can anchor a pos in.

RoboKomodo

RoboKomodo

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now. Can anyone suggest a good corps? I haven't found one yet. I'm not particularly interested in a lot of pvp at the moment

Necronic

Necronic

After reading a thread about EvE-Uni I can't suggest them for new players anymore. Same goes for Agony. Too many rules, not enough content.

The two best options for the new player imho are

TEST - Requires you to be involved with Reddit.

and

Goonswarm - Requires you to have an account at Something Awful

They are both pretty powerful null-sec alliances (arguably the only powerful null sec alliances not associated with the DRF) but they are also INCREDIBLY noob friendly. The only requirements are that you have to come from those online communities though.

Beyond those I would suggest you look through the recruitment forums and try and find a corp that has the following:

Working comms (preferably API verified)
Internal Forums (preferably API verified)
a history of running OPs.

Necronic

Necronic

Thought I would bump this thread instead of making a new one.

This last summer was pretty brutal for EvE due to the lackluster/joke of a release that was Incarna. Because of the Summer of Rage MKII that followed the developers decided to focus the entirity of the next expansion on low hanging fruit, and there's a lot of it coming.

The coolest thing they are adding is a new class of battlecruisers. These will be able to fit Battleship sized weapons. It's going to make for some pretty amazing new fleet comps. They've also finally decided to remove insurance payouts for people who get CONCORDOKEN, so the realm of suicide ganking just got a lot more difficult.

One of the biggest changes that won't actually affect most players directly, but will have a major affect on all of EvE is a complete Supercap rebalance(nerf). Supercaps are getting hit with the nerfbat pretty massively.

There are a number of other changes coming as well, should be an interesting patch.

Biannoshufu

Incarna was such a huge disappointment I just can't force myself back to Space Economy Spreadsheets Online.

Necronic

Necronic

You came back for Incarna?

Shakey

Shakey

I'm thinking of resubbing. I like what I've seen for changes. I can't really play for some time, but it would be nice to get my skills training again for when I can.

Biannoshufu

You came back for Incarna?
for a day.

Necronic

Necronic

Expansion comes out today (I think). Anyone considering resubbing should do it now. The gift this year is an implant that is going to be worth quite a bit of ISK.

Math242

Math242

I resubbed for 3 months yesterday...

Ok, my harbinger owns.
Game looks fantastic
I have no idea what to do

Necronic

Necronic

Well, I would totally help you out with some ideas.

But I got perma-banned. For RMT. Because instead of writing "Millions of ISK" in a sell post I put a $ sign. Hopefully this will get resolved....but....I dunno.

Actually I will still help you out. Try and get into TEST. Probably the best alliance out there for new players. I think you need some kind of Reddit account though.

Dave

Dave

Necronic was perma-banned?!? That's fucking stupid. It's like banning the Pope from teh Vatican.

Shakey

Shakey

I got a deal on the first month back, so I resubbed. I'm not playing much, but I have my skills training. If any new people want to join, I have a 60 days free code. Unfortunately it doesn't work for resubbing.

Necronic

Necronic

I got unbanned. It was a *very* close call.

Robazoid

Forgive me for not reading the entire topic, as I basically just want to ask a question. It's been several months since my one month in EVE and I want to get back into it. But I get panicked really easily, so I'll never be a PvP god, but damn did I ever like mining asteroids. Mining was my favorite thing to do, but then I like leveling mountains in Minecraft just because it cleared my thoughts. Anyway, I had a thought that there might be some demand even in fighting corporations for guys who just get money for the other guys to do their thing. That way I'd be able to mine in an area my corp-mates have a large presence in and be theoretically more safe than the newbie zone where I regularly got blown up just for laughs (one guy finally explained that it took such little effort to kill me that they could use a meh ship and even getting destroyed by the AI police ships wasn't much of a loss. They were killing me solely because they could).

You're probably able to tell that I didn't learn that much about EVE other than how to die while jetcan mining and how to use mine droids, but this is all something that I think feasibly might work. I want to mine again but I don't know how to go about it. Would any corp accept me solely as a miner or should I stay away?

PS: I've been lurking here forever. I know all of you even if you don't know me, so asking here isn't random from my perspective.

Shakey

Shakey

There are definitely corps that will do what you want. Many will do group mining ops and provide protection for you.
The thing about Eve is that you need to be a part of a good corp to really enjoy the game. Sure, you can do your own thing. Work the markets, do solo pvp, or run missions, but you'll be missing out on a lot.
Check out the corp recruitment forums. You should be able to find what you're looking for there. Just remember, its Eve. Don't let someone take you for a ride.

Necronic

Necronic

I got my ban lifted. whew
Anyways, my previous offer of helping you guys out financially until you get on your feet still stands. I can't really help with finding you a corp or anything, although I still say TEST is the way to go if you want to come out to null sec (null sec isn't that bad).

Robazoid

In case anyone cares, I ended up getting two more months. I figure that, at worst, I'll get two more months of skill training in for when I someday do start playing for real.

I also apparently bought a Retriever right before I stopped playing so I have zero ISK, but now I've read too many suicide-ganking forum posts that I'm scared to undock it.

Math242

Math242

Necro, since you're so filthy rich, i'd like to take up your offer of financial help. Fitting 2 BS, 2 inties and soon 1 assault frig is god damn expensive

Thanks in advance ;)

Necronic

Necronic

I can't remember what your character name is in game but eve-mail me and I'll send you some ISK.

Math242

Math242

it's Rakim Ojeda.

Thanks Man

Straker

Hello old fellow corpmen! :) Been a long time but I'm ready to get the old capsule back in a ship. Heh, actually it's been so long I can't remember why I stopped in the first place. There's just a void there... Crazy! Anyways, gonna resub Friday most likely, might as as well take advantage of the alluring deals CCP has been spamming me. I'm hoping to run into some Halpals on the right side of the gun out there. Hope you guys are prospering.

Math242

Math242

Hey there Straker! Glad to see you're back playing even tho we'll never see each other due to the Time zones :D

Necronic

Necronic

Hello old fellow corpmen! :) Been a long time but I'm ready to get the old capsule back in a ship. Heh, actually it's been so long I can't remember why I stopped in the first place. There's just a void there... Crazy! Anyways, gonna resub Friday most likely, might as as well take advantage of the alluring deals CCP has been spamming me. I'm hoping to run into some Halpals on the right side of the gun out there. Hope you guys are prospering.
Sup dude. In response to those texts consider grabbing a 60 trial account with a buddy code. Train it for drakes and transfer it over to your main account at the end. You'll be pretty much ready to run level 3/4 missions in the ship which will fund your stuff.

Dave

Dave

Straker! How's it hanging, man?

Straker

Oh I remember now that I had time to think about it, my PC went 'splode. Figured it had to be something catastrophic.

Still playing Rakim? Very cool! Dave, yeah hanging is about right, been an exhausting stretch of time but I'm ready to chill out and get my game back on for sure.

Well Necronic, I thought that was too good to be true. Seems you can't combine the buddy code with the 60 day deal if I'm seeing it right. So the 60 day deal would be best but then I'd still have to pay the transfer fee, so it boils down to just ~21 free training days either way really. I think I'ma stick with my original thought and grind with my main for now, then snatch a mission runner off the character bazaar, grind up some PvP cash with him, then move the main out to do dirt. Shouldn't take much more than a month I reckon, though I understand capable characters don't go for cheap.

Math242

Math242

I just resubbed. had stopped like everybody else.

As usual, i want to love EVE but i just can't find a decent corp in EU TZ.

Necronic

Necronic

Well, if you want null sec then go with TEST like I mentioned earlier. They have a EU TZ presence. Really any large corp is active in EUTZ.

Ah ok Straker I see your point on the 60 day thing. Ah well. Was worth a shot. I still say go the 2 account way and farm characters out of it while maintaining one character for missioning. I mean ffs the extra 15$ is one night out at a bar a month. Actually less than that to be honest.

....Actually dude, I'll pay for 2 months for you as a christmas present. That plus the 60 day trial should set you up with a proper mission character and then you will be able to start farming characters.

Straker

Hey I got your eve mail but I'm about to crash for the night. My internet has been funky too so I just read this post.

Now you KNOW that's an offer I or anyone else can't refuse. Thank you. I'll have to get at you later about this, going to watch the fights tomorrow but should be consistently online for the rest of the weekend if my internet holds.

Robazoid

Well, I just learned that Hulkageddon is a thing so now I'm retreating to a 0.5 system for the month of January. Found one by using the 'pilots in system' thing in the map that looks perpetually abandoned and sits basically out of the way. Hopefully that'll spare my poor Retriever, and hopefully Hammerhead drones work as well as I hope they can protecting me from NPC bad guys. If only these PvPers would just let me mine Veldspar in peace, but alas that isn't the character of the MMORPG that I chose.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I really want to get back in, but every time I think about it I remember how it consumed my life. EvE is exactly what I want my SF sandbox MMO to be, and it's demonstrably bad for me. :p

Necronic

Necronic

I just got passed over as the campaign manager for our new campaign, and I have to be honest it stung quite a bit. I agree with their choice of EU manager, that dude is solid, but the US manager they chose over me pisses me off quite a bit, I don't think the dude is remotely competent.

I'm going to suck it up and keep fighting for the cause though.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Is Hulkaggedon really the way things are now? Mining in high-sec was something I actually enjoyed when no one else was on. :(

Shakey

Shakey

Is Hulkaggedon really the way things are now? Mining in high-sec was something I actually enjoyed when no one else was on. :(
I don't think Hulkageddon starts until February. It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a year.
Oh, and obligatory.

Robazoid

I know it was supposed to happen January 2nd but now the places where I saw that no longer have that date. I wonder what happened.

Shakey

Shakey

I think it's still up in the air. Here's the forum discussion about it.

Necronic

Necronic

It's only once a year and it's totally avoidable (for the most part). Just mine in out of the way systems that aren't near any lowsec gates, and pay attention to local spikes.

Now, goonswarms recent attack on gallente ice, on the other hand, was pretty terrible.

Robazoid

I just went to a random Asteroid Belt and found 2 million ISK worth of Hornet IIs just sitting there abandoned. Needless to say I'm now training up to use them.

Thought I'd post something because man EVE is fun.

Necronic

Necronic

In null sec stuff like that is pretty common. Every once and a while you will come across the wreckage of a battlefield that is worth hundreds of millions or billions of ISK worth of loot and salvage. Generall the the victor of a major battle will take time to loot and salvage the wrecks, but sometimes the situation requires people to gtfo. T2 wrecks in particular can be worth massive amounts in salvage. It's not uncommon that the savlage from a ship is worth more than the ship itself (Intact Armor Plates 4tw)

A stealth ship with a salvager could make someone some money if they just hunted around for major fights. It's exceptionally dangerous, however.

Shakey

Shakey

I found out they made it harder to disconnect your internet to save your ship from getting blowed up by npc's. Which means when my crappy internet disconnects I will more than likely lose my ship now. :mad: I lost my apoc learning that one.

Shakey

Shakey

It sounds like Hulkageddon is on hold for the foreseeable future. It never seemed to materialize.

I was able to find a drake fit that can survive me getting disconnected with a pocket full of Lvl3 mission rats on me. I could probably leave for 20 minutes and come back with more than half my shields still left. Hopefully I can find somethings for lvl4's until the phone company lays fiber this spring.

Necronic

Necronic

Well, pay attention to upcoming patch notes. There's a chance that they are taking a pretty large nerfbat to the drake (removing its shield resist bonus). Kind of surprised to hear about the Hulkageddon thing. I've never really cared one way or another about the event, and I sincerely dislike the guy who runs it, but its still a bit of a tradition.

Edit:
Oh yeah and I just got my plane tickets and other stuff sorted for fanfest. I'm going to iceland nbd.

Shakey

Shakey

I heard about that, and it really does need it. For shits and giggles I pulled almost every spawn in the blockade mission all at once. I dropped down to half shields and just hovered there while I slowly plinked away at them. All I really need is a cap stable ship so I can have all my modules going at once, and hopefully within a week or so I'll be in a Raven that is. My problem came when I didn't have my armor repper active, since I had to just use it as needed.

Sounds like the guy that usually plans Hulkageddon is MIA with real life issues. I'm sure it'll happen once that gets sorted out, or someone else takes it on. I don't do anything with the event either, but it's still fun to see the rage it generates.

Damn, you'll have to post how it goes. If I had the money to blow on it, I'd love to go to it too.

Necronic

Necronic

Heading off to fanfest next week, and not a second too soon. My gf is really looking forward to it. This is not because she likes EvE or has any interest in it whatsoever, but more because I got her a "Sisters of EvE" pass for spouses/non-players that get dragged along. It includes horseback riding, an ATV outing, and spelunking.

I kind of want to do that instead of the conference.....

Shakey

Shakey

That sisters of eve package does look pretty sweet. It's really not that expensive is it? If you happen to hear anything about it, I'd be interested to know if they have any plans for opening up the stations and what Dust looks like.

Necronic

Necronic

Actually the SOE package was pretty expensive, not something I would normally pay for on a vacation for a one day thing. But anywho.

Right now Dust is a huge unknown to pretty much everyone in EvE, including the CSM. This somewhat reinforces everyone's views that it will be a complete and utter failure. Aside from all of the myriad difficulties of making a multiplayer FPS that is fun and engaging enough to draw a significant console crowd CCP has still not given any real indication as to how the DUST world will interact with the EvE world. Without that interaction the game will be a failure.

But no one really has any guess as to how that interaction will be possible in way that is both significant enough for the average spacer to care about while not requiring a large initial player base and also not SO significant that it can be meta-gamed to give ridiculous advantages to one side or another.

The one good thing about it is that CCP seems to appreciate that the launch will require a serious commitment and is planning on running it at a deficit for the forseeable future.

Shakey

Shakey

It sounded like they may be releasing more info about it during fanfest. The only thing I could think that Dust would be able to change, is possibly attacking PI or POS's. It'll be interesting to see if it works out. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Dust players end up being miners looking for something to do while mining.