EVE Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im gonna give this game another shot,since I have a little more time on my hands.
Does anyone have Friend Codes to give out?

Necronic

Staff member
First let me just point out that I did NOT start this thread.

Second, AWESOME DUDE!

Third, how many SP did you build up on your old account? It may be worth reactivating your old character and going from there depending on how many SP you have. If I remember correctly you quit pretty quickly didn't you? If you want to restart a brand new character using a buddy code I would be more than happy to supply one, but i don't think you can use buddy codes to reactivate an existing account.

Anyways, if you do have a decent amount of SP from your old character you might consider joining a pirate corp asap. If I remember correctly you were able to score some kills within your first week of playing. Once you get a couple mil SP I might be able to get you into my pirate corp, not sure though.

Also, I'm not maintaining HAL Corp anymore, and am pretty busy in game, but if there's anything I can do to help you out when you get in give me a holler, just FYI I am pretty deep into NPC null sec right now with my main.

BTW for anyone else interested I have like 6 buddy codes at the moment. I think. Gives a 21 day free trial.

They've done a lot of changes since you last played. If you get one of those deals to resub for cheap, it might be worth checking out again. They'll probably be sending a bunch of those out soon with Incarna coming out.

I do my best.

Honestly, it's still Eve. If the game play didn't float your boat before, it most likely still won't. I like it because I can take a week or two break and not have to feel like I set myself back. All my skills are still training.

I must confess,I really enjoy this game.But I kinda feel lonely cuz all of the Corp Members arent online during my time.
I might reactivate my account though.

Are you still in Hal Corp? If so, find a new one. No one is active in it anymore. We were just too small and inexperienced to make it work.

Walking in stations! You can only walk around in your own quarters right now, but it looks pretty slick. I was lazy and didn't feel like flying back to get a screenshot with my battle ship, so you get this.
2011.06.22.21.31.41.jpg

Necronic

Staff member
Aside from that one pic though, Incarna was.....pretty meh imho.

That said, EvE is boss. And yeah, Rendar find a corp. If you want to do piracy there are some low sp pirate corps out there.

Yeah, seems like Incarna was pretty much just a bunch of graphics updates. The new agent finder is pretty damn nice though. Running missions has gotten a whole lot easier with all the changes they've done to them.

There's quite a shit storm going on right now about micro transactions and walking in stations. And I thought WoW players could really bring the rage over game changes... Lots of spamming going on in game to "protest".

Once stations are fully opened, others will see it. You can also use isk to buy the items, so you don't have to spend money on it.

All the rage seems to be more about the piss poor communication, and the possibility that you'll be able to buy special combat items with money. People are still attacking the monuments in amarr and jita. At least its not as bad as yesterday.

No, I'm not serious... With my luck a pirate would nail me before I even had a chance to scratch the paint. That's a ship I'm definitely not ready for.

Try to set up a long skill plan in evemon, preferably a year if you can. There is an optimize attributes button that will tell you what you should change your attributes to in order to save the most time. I'm pretty sure they only affect training time, so it really depends on what you still need to train for.

Also, you may want to look into getting a full +4 set of attribute implants. It'll cost about 100 mil, but it will save you a bunch of time. Maybe you can make a deal with Necronic if you need the cash. Just make sure you have a jump clone for pvping or going into lowsec.

Necronic

Staff member
Yeah use EvE Mon to figure out the stats.

As for the skill plan, if you want to fly Amarr you should be focused on getting into a Zealot w/ T2 guns as the long goal, and a Harbinger as the short goal. I don't know a lot about Amarr so I can't give you a lot of advice about how to fit it but those are the 2 primary pew pew boats for early on.

I would seriously suggest training Minmatar first though, the Hurricane is the most ubiquitous PvP ship in game and the Vagabond is an excellent one as well. That said Amarr ships are better for fleets....

Edit: And yeah if you need a loan let me know.

Alright guys, I've got the EvE bug again and I'll probably resub at some point this weekend. Besides the elimination of learning skills and the addition of the captain's quarters, what all has changed in the past several months that I should know about? I'm also open to any corp suggestions you guys may have.

They got rid of agent quality. The amount of rep and reward you get is now based off of the sec status of the system they are in. The lower sec the better. Not really sure what else right now.

Eve University would probably be a good start for a corp. It's a big corp, but they will work with you to help learn/re-learn everything. I think I'm going to sign up with them for a bit.

Well that's the least of my problems right now. At the moment the only thing that happens when I open EvE is a nice pretty black screen and the background music for the login screen.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Deleting and reinstalling the client did the trick. Rick Baern is back in the black!

...... you guys suck so hard.... I would, but a) still don't have the time and b) my graphics card that COULD run it cooked off a while back... this one? Not a chance.

Sad cop is sad.

I will say this. Once you get past the new player hump, this game is a lot more fun. Especially now that I'm running lvl 4 missions and have a nice steady income.

I just got me a noctis. The Noctis may look like a deep fried muppet, but I love it soooo much. It makes looting and salvaging incredibly easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.