EVE Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not. The time saved is well worth it. You can clear out a mission in no time at all. It was taking me probably twice as long to loot/salvage before.

Necronic

Staff member
I don't have the direct link (work won't let me go to the webpage), but the podcast is called "ISK", so just google "ISK podcast eve online" and you should find it.

And yeah, downtime manufacturing is pretty fantastic, it's pretty much all I have been doing this summer.

Personally I didn't salvage or even loot much until I got to level 4 missions, it's worth more to just do more missions. Level 2 missions I went with an Arbitrator and Level 3's I went with a Harbinger.

What kinda skills should I have to fly a Omen reasonably well?Just enough to fly missions. I got almost all my basic skills to at least lvl 4.Im just about to finish Amarr Frigates to lvl 4.

I'm not real sure. For lvl 2's I think enough to fit everything you want should be fine. Hopefully someone else has better advice.

I don't think I went about it the best way. I just put together a Harby in EFT with T2 fittings, and set up a skill plan to get there. T2 guns I trained last. Then I added the skills needed to get into an Apoc with T2 fittings to it, again with guns last. I'm just going back now to work on support skills.

As Amarr, if you don't want to pull all of your hair out in frustration, stay away from missions against Angels. Their resists make our pew pew lazors pretty useless.
Added at: 16:12
Also, I didn't get into a Harby until I could fit T2 everything, except for guns. I didn't get into an Apoc until I could fit T2 everything, including guns.

Awesome! I'm guessing you're in Amarr space, so if you ever need help and I'm on let me know. The name is Shakey Jonez.

I found this amusing. Apparently you can fairly easily replace the video that shows on the screen of your captains quarters.

I don't know the specifics, but all you have to do is encode the video into a different format and replace a certain file in your eve directory with it. I doubt there is any way to pause/fastforward/etc so it's not incredibly useful.

Reminds me of back in the day when we'd replace the music in UO with midi's from other games.

I still imagine myself running through Yew whenever I hear "Shadow's Theme FFVI" .

Just had my first Mining OP with my Corp. >.< I know,it is nothing grand,but it builds team work, and i love the sight of 8 mining barges, 3 Orcas and a dozend of Cruisers and Destroyers (refitted for mining) swarming an asteroid belt.

Necronic

Staff member
Just had my first Mining OP with my Corp. >.< I know,it is nothing grand,but it builds team work, and i love the sight of 8 mining barges, 3 Orcas and a dozend of Cruisers and Destroyers (refitted for mining) swarming an asteroid belt.
I enjoy that as well, but more from the perspective of a bunch of suicide disco ships landing in the middle of it and smartbombing everyone.

We did our first PVP run in low sec. Yeah....didnt turn out so well xD
After hunting down a couple of -10.0's we got caught in a 2 gate system.Sadly my Omen didnt make it,but I bought enough time for my fleetmates to dock/hide at safepoints

Necronic

Staff member
I actually consider myself a pretty god damned pro-pvper at this point, and I do a fair amount of FCing. If you guys want to do some weekend PvP shit here's what you should bring:

Blackbirds
425mm shield Ruptures
Max gank Shield Vexors
and Thrashers

Really Thrasher/Blackbird swarms can be incredibly effective. They won't kill everything but you would be surprised what they can kill. Moreover, it doesn't matter if you loose them as they cost fuck all.

Dave

Staff member
Plus they are probably using this ploy to see which offer brings in the most people. They send out an equal amount of both and see what gets redeemed.

For the life of me I can't remember why I have any of my stuff where it is. My Retriever is docked in Oursulaert, but there are no mining fields to speak of. I have ice harvesters sitting in Kamio, is that where the ice harvesting business was?

Dave

Staff member
I have 2 accounts & multi-boxed. Don't want to do both and not sure which iof the two I'd reactivate.

Necronic

Staff member
Well, I'll give you guys this piece of advice. Find a good corp. Last time I don't think yall got the full experience, the corp wasn't particularly good. A good corp makes all the difference in the world. Heck, even if it's just EvE University, honestly that one may be a good idea.

Edit: One other thing. My character name in game is Tehg Rhind. I know yall knew who my alt was, DO NOT REPEAT THAT INFORMATION. Period. Tehg Rhind is the name I publish the podcast under, and I can't have that name associated with my other character.

If you want to contact me in game do it through the Tehg character.

Screw eve uni. I filled out an app and waited in their queue for all this time and just get a "derp derp, your app wasn't detailed enough" mail. No specifics, just go fill it out again and hope that after a weeks wait again it'll be what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.