Even moar kittens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in addition to the aforementioned kittens my fiance and I arefostering, she brought home a pregnant momma cat. We came home tonight and she's giving birth! Updates and photos to follow :)

Kitten number one has arrived! And, as I was writing this, kitten number two is starting to come out!

Edit: Kitten number one and two are out and doing well! Kitten #1 is orange and #2 is black (tentatively named Lager and Stout, respectively).

This message serves notice that you are in violation of the Kitten Images Text Transit Enabled Network act signed in 1996 by over forty nations participating in the then burgeoning Internet.

You are not permitted to post text consisting of, about, discussing, or implying kitten related activities without images of kitten subjects, or similar facsimiles thereof.

This is your first warning. Please post said images immediately. If images are not pending within 24-48 hours you may file for an extension with an explanation for the delay. Otherwise the KITTEN council will be forced to convene proceedings against you.

Alright, late night...she started giving birth around 11 PM and finished around 2:30 AM or so. As promised, here's pictures!

So here's Momma. Her "official" name is Tippy, but we've just taken to calling her Momma. As you can see, she seems to enjoy relaxing in her litterbox:

After three days of having her, she started giving birth last night. She licked herself compulsively, yowled quite a bit, but was happy and purring through the whole thing (literally purred for two hours solid). Here's the first kitten, Lager!

About half an hour after giving birth to Lager, she started having another bunch of contractions and yowling again. Then there was kitten number number two, Porter!

We ended up falling asleep between the third and the fourth births, but--when we went to check on her this morning--there were four kittens, all clean and fluffy. Here's the proud mama with (from left to right) Lager, Ale, Stout and Porter.

Momma's doing fine, and all the kittens seem healthy and are nursing so far!

My wife is fostering puppies from the spca until they are old enough to be away from their mom. I've named some of them. There's The Doctor, Amy, Roy, and Micky. My wife named Micky (or however he spelled it)

How is the new mommy kitteh doing?

She was doing much better, actually. We were really worried because she didn't eat for nearly two days (and was nursing four kittens during the interim), but after some antibiotic treatments for her upper respiratory infection she started wolfing down food and was looking much healthier. The shelter we fostered her from has a connection to a local church; they asked for her back because there's a huge barbecue/get together this weekend. Their plan to get momma and kittens adopted is, "Hey, kids/folks, look at these REALLY CUTE little kittens! Guess what, you can bring one home in a few weeks..."

So, sad we don't get to see her anymore, but fingers crossed for adoption. Although the kill shelter my fiancé works at was full to bursting, so she brought home two more nursing mothers...both with respiratory illnesses and kittens, though, so we'll see how that goes :)

You do mean "no-kill" shelter, right?

--Patrick

No, unfortunately (though I wish it wasn't); hence why we've been fostering so many cats this summer. It's kitten season, so when the shelter gets full...yeah. The good news, though, is that all the kittens and cats we've fostered so far have been adopted, so our home is a revolving door of little furballs going to new homes.

Edit: I should clarify. We've both volunteered at an awesome no-kill shelter in Ann Arbor (and do so year-round), but she's started working at this shelter in order to get more experience with shelter medicine/the shelter environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.