Finally moving out of my parents house

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, I'm finally moving out of my parents' house. I found an affordable place to rent, and I'm ready to move in in two weeks. It was a bit sudden that I found the place, literally a week ago, and that's when I told my parents of my plans.

I'm now finding myself a bit torn. My dad's taking this harder than I expected. I expected my mom to be the emotional one, but he seems very reluctant to have me leave. I'll only be fifteen minutes away, so it's not like I'm moving far away, but that's the way it is.

I'm not really sure what advice or feedback could be given in this thread, I just wanted to talk about it. I'm hoping to show him that it's nothing personal, I just feel like I need to be on my own.

Cajungal

Staff member
I just moved out 2 months ago. Even when I lived in baton Rouge, my folks were supporting me. I was really excited to move, and then the night before, I realized that I'd probably never sleep in my old room again. It was a weird feeling. My dad took it harder than mom; she's not aloof, but she is very independent and was ready to see me take off on my own. I love it here, but it's definitely a big change. You are going to love it. :)

P

Philosopher B.

A wise man once said 'Parents just don't understand.' Congrats, brah.

The place I'm moving to is kind of a dump. I mean, it's pretty small, it's a tiny house I'm renting from a friend that got married and moved. She said it was three bedrooms, but really it's one bedroom, one living room, and two closets that maybe you could fit a bed in if you tried really hard. There's not even a washer/dryer, so I'll have to go back to my parents to do laundry.

But it'll be my dump... which makes it quite desirable.

M

makare

Im hoping to finally have my own place this upcoming semester. Very excited.

P

Philosopher B.

But it'll be my dump... which makes it quite desirable.
Exactly.

Plus, if you've got your own place, you can traipse around completely naked, like, all the time (provided the blinds are closed so you don't get, like, arrested). That's got to count for something!

As the title suggests, I'm finally moving out of my parents' house. I found an affordable place to rent, and I'm ready to move in in two weeks. It was a bit sudden that I found the place, literally a week ago, and that's when I told my parents of my plans.

I'm now finding myself a bit torn. My dad's taking this harder than I expected. I expected my mom to be the emotional one, but he seems very reluctant to have me leave. I'll only be fifteen minutes away, so it's not like I'm moving far away, but that's the way it is.

I'm not really sure what advice or feedback could be given in this thread, I just wanted to talk about it. I'm hoping to show him that it's nothing personal, I just feel like I need to be on my own.
Im hoping to finally have my own place this upcoming semester. Very excited.
I too am moving out in a monthish, makare. We should team up and steal Poe's thunder.
I'm also going to move out from my parent's home soon, becoming flatmate with Tegid and our mutual best friend! It's very exciting! Let's all dance and party!

:unibrow: cr-aaaaaaaaazy...
Added at: 10:32
I might be visiting my sister in Alicante this Autumn.Where ya Spanish dudes living at?
We are all from Catalonia, Barcelona area. While it's not THAT far away, sadly Alicante is not near either.
http://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=barcelona&daddr=alicante&hl=es&ll=39.293923,-0.068665&spn=1.779077,2.469177&sll=40.396764,-3.713379&sspn=13.994674,19.753418&geocode=FY2HdwIdPxwhACn1KO0mcZikEjEwA6Qh4PoABA;FfoZSQIdHqn4_ymNYkLXYjZiDTHA1SHXbq8CBA&mra=ls&z=9

Moving out actually brought me and my parents closer together. Like you, I'm not too far away so dropping by is something easily (and regularly) done.

North_Ranger

Staff member
It seems everybody is moving... I actually bought my first apartment a month back, but the move is still on-going for a number of reasons.
1.) my current abode is a place my parents are gonna move in in a year or two, so there's no rush.
2.) my health has been failing me. Damn you, summer flu that turned into either sinusitis or something worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.