Firefox blocking website/parts of it

I recently got the new Firefox and upon loading the message board, I got this weird message at the top part of the browser. For some reason it's not showing up on this board but while replying to Zappit on another (or any other thread), a little shield props up saying that it's blocking certain content from this forum/website as a whole. I had to turn it off as it seemed to be prohibiting me from going anywhere on the site. :/

I don't know if it's a Firefox issue or perhaps something from the website. I'm able to view the rest of the forum now of course, but I'm curious what this all meant exactly...

Even though the main framework of the webpage is https: (protected), it is still possible for side items/ads/"share on xxx site" buttons/etc to be delivered instead by http: (unsecured).
The reason it is nagging you about this is because sometimes naughty websites will try to slide unsecured content mixed in with your protected content and try to pass itself off as secured (because it's part of an overall secured page, right?). Firefox is just warning you that SOME of the content is not secured, and so asking you if you want to suppress it on the off chance you're concerned it's a website element that is "bluffing" its way into your browser.

--Patrick

Hm, okay, that makes sense. :) Thanks. Should I unblock anything? Blocking it though removed any access I had to the forums though, but I could be wrong.

Dave

Staff member
This site has no ads at all. I used to, but I got rid of them. So you don't have to worry about tracking stuff here.

If you discover any using tools like Ghostery, let me know and I squash them.

The only things I show with Ghostery are Google Search API, Google Analytics, and Google Translate.

something from wowhead widgets is the main culprit, but also a script from google given my javascript error log.

for a brief moment I kinda noticed my OP was changed. xD A tinypic screencap I took of the Firefox thing in question got replaced with some video game box or something, lol

ah well, I guess as long as things look okay and have been since my last post, it's all good.