First 5 Shuffle Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody else posted today...

1. For What It's Worth - Rush off of their Feedback album of cover tunes
2. When It's Love - Van Halen
3. Enter Sandman - Metallica off of the Symphony and Metallica album, I just love the combo of orchestra and rock
4. My Life - Billy Joel
5. Force Ten - Rush

I was just making up my list, actually.

1) You're No God - Laura Marling

2) Don't Know Why - Norah Jones

3) Will You Return? - Avett Brothers

4) Mein Herz Brennt - Rammstein

5) Modern Man - Arcade Fire

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's shuffle:

1. "Deep End" - Newsboys
I still like this one. Happy, a little silly and, while I don't really get the lyrics, they have a nice flow.

2. "Against All Odds" - Ari Pukkinen, Shadowgrounds Soundtrack
Video game rock. It's not bad, but it's nothing terribly special like the Trine soundtrack is.

3. "Satisified" - Crystal Lewis
What an amazing voice. The lyrics are as a little trite, but the performance is not.

4. "The Sound (John M. Perkins' Blues)" - Switchfoot
I absolutely love this song. It's gritty, high energy rock and I turn the volume up whenever it comes on.

5. "Alive" - GS Megaphone
Sometimes I wonder why I bought this album. I liked one song from it ("Out of My Mind") but I bought it after my love for that song had faded. I can't say I really like most of the songs on it. This one in particular is whiny. For someone singing that they're "glad to be alive", he sure sounds like it's meant sarcastically.

Yup, I've been slacking.

1. Three Evils: Coheed and Cambria. That's right, I like Coheed and Cambria (well,t he first 3 cd's anyways), what of it?

2. Girl Inform Me: The Shins. Fantastic.

3. World Is Static: Jimmy Eat World. Not my favorite cd of theirs, but I like this song.

4. Maria: Rage Against the Machine. Shouldn't surprise anyone I like Rage.

5. Torn Apart: Stabbing Westward. When I was young I was huge into Stabbing Westward. I was the most angsty teenager you could have met. Just constantly pissed off about simply breathing. I've come a long way.

Well, that's it for me today.

1) Too Much - Dave Matthews Band

2) Don't Shut 'em Down - Flogging Molly

3) I Alone - Live

4) Paper Thin Walls - Modest Mouse

5) I'm Going Slightly Mad - Queen

(6 - Boy with a Coin, Iron & Wine)

1. Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

2. I Worship You - MercyMe

3. Vapor Trail - Rush

4. Bed Medicine - Bon Jovi

5. The Drop Off - Finding Nemo the Musical

1) Where the Streets Have No Name - U2

2) Eclipse - Pink Floyd

3) Crooked Teeth - Death Cab for Cutie

4) Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin

5) Back in Black - AC/DC

1. "Far Cry", Rush (From Snakes And Arrows; haven't listened to it much.)
  2. "Silent Night", Phil Vassar (free song set from Vassar's website over the holidays in 2010)
  3. "I Have Decided", Amy Grant (originally from her multi-platinum album, Age To Age)
  4. "Hofstra", Bill Cosby (from his album, Why Is There Air? from the 1960's; I LOVE THIS CUT.)
  5. "The Spirit of Radio", Rush ("All this machinery making modern music...")

1: 'The Approaching Curve' - Rise Against. One of my favorite songs from them.
2: 'How Do you Do' - Cascada...yeah, I've got a lot of Cascada....
3: 'Sound of Silence' - Simon and Garfunkel. They only song I have of theirs, I need more.
4: 'Pieces of Truth' - Foxboro Hot tubs. I have all of their other albums, including this little gem.
5: 'Get Me Outta Here' - Jet. Not my favorite song from them, but I love their sound to much to be disgruntled.

Wachet Auf (BWV 645) - Bach. Probably my favorite Bach composition, I have no idea why.
Move On Up A Little Higher - Mahalia Jackson. A friend from work introduced me to her work, I really should dig up more of it.
The Mouse - Sticks Allison. A quartet(?) from near where I grew up, the guitarist does a lot of different musical things in the region, though generally pretty small scale.
I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good) - Nina Simone. Not my favorite peice by her, but I still like her style.
Ode to Labrador - Labrador Black Spruce. More Canadian content! I only have the one album, I'm not if they did anything more.

Bike riding list...

1. What's Your Name? - Lynyrd Skynyrd

2. Tracers - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. The Trooper - Iron Maiden

4. Chemistry - Rush

5. Leave That Thing Alone - Rush

Good music for part of a good ride.

The Burial- Sheila Not Much to say. Good song.
Tenacious D- City Hall
General Rudie- Rainy Day
Reel Big Fish- We Care
The Toasters- Speak Your Mind

Man, today's mix is excellent. My favourite one so far. But I'm shocked at which bands are coming up, and how much ska is coming up in these shuffles. I definitely have a lot of it, but even so, the amount of Flogging Molly I've got on here, just for example, it defies the odds that they haven't come up in these shuffles yet.

B

BErt

Running Away - Neville Staple with his own back up band covering songs from his two big past bands.
Purple Stain - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Ballad of Bobby and Jane - Mitch and Mickey (from the soundtrack for A Mighty Wind)
Family Tree - Ben Kweller
King of Rock - Run DMC

They were. Terry Hall, Neville Staple and Lynval Golding; the Specials' three vocalists. But they left the Specials after having a big blowout with Jerry Dammers, the front man and keyboardist,because they felt they were not getting enough creative control in the song writing, which is why I'm surprised to find out that they then went and covered Jerry Dammers' songs anyway.

And I actually have that album, it is neither the Specials or the Fun Boy Three though, its Neville Staple with his own back up band covering songs from his two big past bands.

Wellington Sears by Slagsmalsklubben​

Dead to the World by Röyksopp​

Rest by The Temper Trap​

Golden Wings, by Bag Raiders​

Valentine by Justice​

Added at: 18:48
man, I did a "second go" but it doens't let me post it because it would merge with my previous message... wich would have more than 5 videos in it.
Added at: 18:55
all the songs that came up are kind of crappy...

B

BErt

Pixies - Vamos
The Clash - I'm Not Down
Rancid - Lady Liberty
John Spencer Blues Explosion - Bellbottoms
Modest Mouse - Convenient Parking

Princes of the Universe - Queen
Can't Buy Me Love - John Pizarelli
First of May - Jonathan Coulton
If I Should Fall From Grace with God - The Pogues
Got My Mojo Workin' - Muddy Waters

well, that was schizophrenic.

1. Nursing Home- Ministry. Not one of their better songs (or albums, for that matter), but not terrible.
2. Hooray For Me- Pulley. Sweet! I don't think any Pulley has turned up on my lists yet, so it's nice to see something new I like. Kind of a cross between Pennywise and Lagwagon.
3. The Big Come Down- NIN. Yup, NIN is awesome.
4. Therapy For Pain- Fear Factory. Demanufacture simply is one of the best metal albums ever produced.
5. Voice of the Voiceless- Rage Against the Machine. Yup, more Rage. I think Battle of Los Angeles is my favorite Rage album.

1) The Spirit of Radio - Rush

2) Chop Suey! - System of a Down

3) Tiny Vessels - Death Cab for Cutie

4) Buddy Holly - Weezer

5) Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

Let's see what we have today:

1. "One True God", Marc Harris
  2. "These Dreams", Heart
  3. "Therapy", The Alchemist (don't ask, I don't know)
  4. "Million Voices", Barlowgirl
  5. "Here Is Our King", David Crowder

Today's shot in the dark:

1. Rockin' the Paradise - Styx from the live Return to Paradise album.

2. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC Love this song, used to walk around singing it all the time

3. Need You Tonight - INXS 80s music just makes me smile

4. The Wicker Man - Iron Maiden Love the guitars in this song

5. Hero of the Day - Metallica from S&M, the only Metallica album that I own

Changes- David Bowie (it's about time some Bowie poped up, seeing as it's a good 15% of my collection.

Closer- Joshua Radin (excellent ballad, I highly recommend it)

Fuck You- Cee Lo Green

Cover Me - Kathy Griffin

Bad Horse Chorus- Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog

Yesterday

Daft Punk – Sea of Simulation
Ghostface Killah – Drama
Led Zeppelin – Tangerine
The White Stripes – Suzy Lee
Sigur Rós – Olsen Olsen

Today

Clipse – Never Will It Stop
The Strokes – Fear Of Sleep
Cold War Kids – Saint John
Oasis – Roll With It
Metric – Poster Of A Girl

Today's list:

'Sentimental Johnny' - Flogging Molly. So many good things I could say about them. Love, love.
'The Rock Show' - Blink 182. Yeah, I still like them.
'Bleach Opening - Season 1' - No clue, help? I love anime openings. I try to get as many as I can.
'Sonata in C Allegro' - Mozart. One of my favorite composers ever, behind Rachmaninoff.
'Six Feet Under the Stars' - All Time Low. Not my favorite song of theirs, and really my favorite thing about them is the band tee I got with an adorable pink dinosaur on it. So cute!

I Don't Wanna Grow Up - Ramones
Sail Away - Creedence Clearwater Revival - I have a box set of everything that they and the Pollywogs recorded... that took over my shuffle list, and the reason that I turned it off until this thread.
All the Lonely People - The Beatles
On the Outside - Oingo Boingo - probably my favorite band ever.
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix
Flower Night [Touhou - Phantasmagoria of Flower View] - UI-70
‚k‚‰‚‚‰‚”‚…‚„@‚`‚‡‚‚‰‚ŽiƒXƒ^ƒbƒtƒ[ƒ‹‚aj - ‚P‚O
Walls - Kupek
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

One of these song titles contains characters my computer can't display. Can you guess which one?

Dave

Staff member
Back at work for 1/2 day. Let's do this.

1. The Psychic - Crash Test Dummies
  2. Chicago - Ingram Hill
  3. Good Intentions - Toad the Wet Sprocket
  4. Earth Stopped Cold at Dawn - Hootie and the Blowfish
  5. Mad World - Gary Jules
Nice!

Lets see what a Tuesday has in store for me.

1. Blister in the Sun- Violent Femmes. Freaking awesome. Back in high school I would carpool with a neighbor guy my Junior year. I remember first hearing the Femmes and completely loving it.

2. It's a Fire- Portishead. Dummy was an amazing album and breaks through the mold of what I would normally like in music. Great song on a great cd.

3. Don't Ever Love Me- Harry Belafonte. Yup, I dig Belafonte.

4. The Middle- Jimmy Eat World. It's hard to listen to this one since it was played ALL THE TIME on the radio. I won't fault them for having success with the song since it was a long time coming, but damn there are songs of theirs I'd rather hear.

5. White Lexus- Mike Doughty. Former frontman of Soul Coughing. Great, mellow end to a pretty good list here.

Bonus 6th track- Assessment- The Beta Band. C'mon, it's The Beta Band. How could I not include it? Easily one of my top 10 favorite bands. I'm never disappointed when one of their songs comes up on the shuffle.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's shuffle for me:

1. "Here is Our King" - David Crowder Band
I love "A Collision or 3 + 4 = 7", it's an amazing album that pays attention to how one song flows to the next and making an experience that's not the same as listening to the songs individually. That said, I'm still having fun lending an ear to this one all by it's lonesome.

2. "It's You" - Phil Joel
Another remnant from when I was still getting to know my musical tastes. Bland-ish pop. I do have a certain fondness for Phil Joel's vocals, but he's better when he's with the Newsboys.

3. "Corinthians" - ApologetiX (parody of "In The End" - Linkin Park)
I don't think I'd ever heard the original song this parodies before today. Still, I like this one; it never feels like it's forcing a fit for the alternate lyrics. (which some ApologetiX songs do, especially when they substitute lyrics for a instrument solo.)

4. "Lost the Plot" - Newsboys
I'd forgotten how much I like this song. I went into listening to it with the memory of it being a mostly light pop thing, but this has a nice grindy edge to it that really catches my ear.

5. "Move" - remix of John Reuben by DJ Form
This one came off of an album that was all remixes of various John Rebuen songs by various artists. Most of them were either meh or decidedly worse than the original. This one is meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.