Former President Trump Thread

when I voted in the March elections, I was one of the first people in the door (because I had to work later that day) and I was given ballot #43.
We were delayed an hour because someone in the voting area had a "medical emergency," but when I was finally handed a ballot, its number was > 1500.

--Patrick

What I just find so.... Disheartening, is that, without Covid, Trump would be campaigning (even more) on his great economy, and he'd probably fairly easily have won. He literally did the worst job in the world with his Corona response, and even so it's not an open-and-shut case. It bloody well should be.

Right. Gerrymandering and disproportionate electoral college numbers favoring Republican leaning states is why we are so nervous. Hes never going to win the popular vote.

Remember: it is an open and shut case that biden will get more votes.
And at least 40% of the population of the Land of the Free will have voted for a party whose bullet point goals and mission would partly fit right in with that of the nazi party, and the rest of it would be too far to the right to be acceptable to the nazis.

I'm not even exactly left, and the US republican party in its modern day variety is a horror.

Sorry for the brief sidebar, i just wanted to post this really quick just because it’s awesome and astonishing. A week or so ago i posted a link to a free e-book on how to speak to Trump supporters by an author named Shea Serrano. Some of you guys read it and played along but for those who didnt, it was basically 64 pages that just said some variation of “fuck you” on it. Well anyway, even though he advertised it as free and never asked for a cent, the website allowed you to pay something for it anyway. And some people did - a lot of people did. I’ll let Shea tell the rest:
9B106462-7C20-4EFA-933A-D260ED253851.jpeg

What I just find so.... Disheartening, is that, without Covid, Trump would be campaigning (even more) on his great economy, and he'd probably fairly easily have won. He literally did the worst job in the world with his Corona response, and even so it's not an open-and-shut case. It bloody well should be.
Combination of bold racists, single issue republican voters (abortion/guns) that would rather the nation die than be run by democrats, and people brainwashed by Fox News and other propaganda networks that just aren't aware of the truth.

We were delayed an hour because someone in the voting area had a "medical emergency,"
Oh, also forgot to mention the statistics I compiled while idly waiting:
  • ~40-50 in line
  • 1 in 5 not wearing any sort of face covering
  • 1 “Trump 2020” baseball cap
  • 2 “Thin Blue Line” caps/masks
  • 2 drive-bys of people yelling “Vote Trump!” from their noisy, banner-festooned vehicles
—Patrick

2 drive-bys of people yelling “Vote Trump!” from their noisy, banner-festooned vehicles
This reminded me, a few weeks ago I saw a massive pickup truck with a huge flag coming out the back. Only thing is, it was a Biden flag. Talk about a juxtaposition of message and medium.

I wish the person I was voting for was the Joe Biden in Trump's attack ads. That guy sounds progressive as fuck
I mean, it's the same thing with people who talk about how Obama was such a progressive president, when really, they just mean he was black.
(Yes, Obamacare, but even that was not very progressive outside of this country)

I mean, it's the same thing with people who talk about how Obama was such a progressive president, when really, they just mean he was black.
(Yes, Obamacare, but even that was not very progressive outside of this country)
Yeah, but he was also under the delusion that Republicans would work with him. It was naive.