Formula One

Jesus that was a scary crash at the start of the Bahrain GP. Romain Grosjean's car was literally torn in half and exploded after crashing into the barrier. How he walked away from that I have no idea.

Even knowing Grosjean survived that rewatching the crash I still have the initial reaction of thinking that there's no way he's getting out alive.

I was amazed that Grojean walked away from that crash the way he did. It was a sheer marvel of engineering and safety standards, and will hopefully silence the complaints about the halo making cars look bad for any but the biggest of mouth breathers. That being said, props to George - gets to take Lewis' seat at Sakhir.

Nearly 2 decades after he retired & he's still the voice of F1 in my head. Even his occasional "Murray-isms" were clearly down to his sheer love for the sport leading to his mouth temporarily outpacing his brain.

Legend.

More or less fits in here.

FUCK CANCER.

RIP the Queen of the Nordschlife, Sabine Schmitz. If you ever saw her on Top Gear, you could just feel the joy in what she did. :(
OMG, no! I'm crying now. She was definitely a role model for women in motorsports. When I started in RX/AX and needed to build confidence, I would try to channel my inner Sabine (and I still do!). She had amazing confidence and, yeah, a lot of joy.
:(

Ex F1 boss Max Mosley has died of cancer at 81. There were lots of reasons to criticise him while he was alive & 2 reasons to praise him
1) He began Formula 1's big push to be safer after Senna & Ratzenberger were killed at the 1994 San Marino GP
2) He went to Ratzenberger's funeral when everyone else went to Senna's. Ratzenberger deserved to have someone from the FIA there so Mosley made sure he did.

So. Baku.

LeClerc makes up for Monaco by taking pole. With a little unintentional help from his teammate Sainz, who smooshes *his* car in the last minute of qualifying. The fifth crash and fourth red flag of the session.

Today is going to be an absolute mess. Get your popcorn ready, folks.

Verstappen's onboard camera footage finally released.

There's not a lot of steering angle on there until after he's pushed Hamilton well wide.

RIP Sir Frank Williams founder & former team principal of the Williams F1 team. They may have fallen on hard times since their peak in the 1980s/90s but they are still either the 4th (based on total race wins or drivers championships in one of their cars) or 2nd (based on constructors championships) most successful team in the history of the sport.

And he achieved most of his success after breaking his neck in a car crash in 1986 spending the rest of his life as a paraplegic.

Last edited:
Sebastian Vettel to retire from F1 at the end of the season. A few years ago I'd have been glad to see the back of him, now he seems like one of the most chill drivers on the grid & I'm always hoping for him to do well. I continue if it was him moving away from a team expected to challenge for the title that led him to mellow out of it he just wasn't treated fairly by the media.

Almost gives one hope for Max not really being a shiny little bitch. Well, maybe not.

Soooooooooooooo... Hamilton is racing for Ferrari now, it seems. What little I know about this is through my son and his reaction; excitement, confusion, disappointment to lose Carlos Sainz.