Export thread

Frank needs our help!

Dave

Dave

Frank has reached out and needs our help. He's retracted his request a couple of times, but that's because he knows everyone is having issues right now. But I'm putting this up here, anyway. I know the amount is a lot but if we can give what we can every little bit will help.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hmm, something's wrong with the donation system. The link goes right back to the donate menu. Happens in firefox and chrome for me, as well as on my Pixel. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't see a link

bhamv3

bhamv3

I don't see a link
Nor I.

Dave

Dave

Drat. I see it and used it. Maybe it's set for Admins. Let me look.

Dave

Dave

There's a Donate tab but not a widget. Does this link help? https://www.halforums.com/donate/

GasBandit

GasBandit

There's a Donate tab but not a widget. Does this link help? https://www.halforums.com/donate/
That's where I went to find it. Clicking on the donation item there just goes right back to the donate page.

Bubble181

Bubble181

That's where I went to find it. Clicking on the donation item there just goes right back to the donate page.
Worked for me through the link. Don't see a banner though,without this post I wouldn't have known.

Bubble181

Bubble181

OK, so, happy to help and all that, but can anyone tell me why the name on the Merchant and the name in the mail address don't match up? If it wasn't for me trusting this page and Frank, I'd have assumed it was some sort of scam.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Dave is finally cashing out on the goodwill he’s built up as the owner of an incredibly niche web forum.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I can't figure it out. I've tried different PCs, I've tried incognito mode, I've tried my phone on cellular data,I've tried different DNS, I've even tried Edge - on all of them, when I click the link on the donate page, it just reloads the donate page. I know this has worked for me before.

Edit: Well, clearly other people are not having this problem so I just sent a donation manually via paypal..

Frank

Frank

I'm overwhelmed again....thank everybody. You can turn it off Dave/Gas, it's enough.

Also @Bubble181 It's because I was 21 when I signed up for gmail using the fake internet name I adopted from the villain of Fallout 2. It's tied to all my accounts and stuff like Paypal. Bassett is my surname.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm overwhelmed again....thank everybody. You can turn it off Dave/Gas, it's enough.

Also @Bubble181 It's because I was 21 when I signed up for gmail using the fake internet name I adopted from the villain of Fallout 2. It's tied to all my accounts and stuff like Paypal. Bassett is my surname.
Well, then you got off fairly OK. I've seen professional mails from stuff like 69deatheater420@hotmail.com and that just doesn't work :-D

Dave

Dave

I honestly can’t turn anything off from here. Either Gas does it or everyone waits until I get home tomorrow morning.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I honestly can’t turn anything off from here. Either Gas does it or everyone waits until I get home tomorrow morning.
I've deactivated the campaign.

Edit: aaaaand now I've deactivated the barker notice.

Frank

Frank

Thanks guys, I'm gonna write something larger tonight. It's overwhelming.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Aw, I popped in here randomly for my quarter-annual curiosity check in and saw this literally posted and ended yesterday. Sorry I missed it but glad you got support you needed <3 <3

Dave

Dave

And we’re glad to see you, man!