Freak Out If Your Email Account Got Nuked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

Heh, you should come to my work sometimes. We have email for about 20 years for our school. People have KEPT email that long. One of our users had a total rebuilt and she freaked out cause she lost everything that was 10+ years ago (we manage to get other stuff back)

M

makare

The first time that ever happened to me I got upset but now I know to get important info off my email. Now, I don't care so much.

fade

Staff member
I keep it as a backup, with the advent of things like gmail. I wouldn't be insane or anything if I lost info, but I certainly wouldn't like it. The important stuff has been picked out, but occasionally, I find myself searching back 4 years in my mail.

J

Joe Johnson

I think this is the larger concern for some people:

"What if the cloud fails?" one wondered in the help forum. "If, ultimately, Google does not make this right in a timely way and I lose the main record of the last 7 years of my life ... that will forever affect how I view trusting an anonymous server farm somewhere with my critical or even not-so-critical data."

figmentPez

Staff member
My past emails are really useful. I have a lot of purchase receipts from my various online purchases. I could get by without them, but searching my email is usually the fastest way to figure out who long ago I bought my computer, when I replaced the batteries in my UPS and other stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.