Fuck Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Straight up. No hyperbole. No pulling back. Fuck them. Fuck their CEO. I hope Brian Roberts wakes up with a razer blade encrusted dildo jammed in his ass. I can't even begin to stress how pissed off I am at them. Its not even that my service has regularly been disconnected, it hasn't.

Mainly what it is is that I pay for high speed internet and I can't get it. Currently I am on the 10 mbps package, which costs 65$ a month (which, on its own, is a massive fucking ripoff). Of course, I'm relatively happy to pay that, assuming I get what I pay for. What I am not happy about is that my youtube videos have to reload every 3 seconds, my download speeds are often laughable, and certain websites are throttled so heavily that I can't even use them.

And that's what pisses me off so much. What these pieces of shit are doing is the one thing that everyone has been worried about due to the whole net neutrality thing. They throttle specific websites (not to mention what they do to bitorrent, which I don't use, but still). In a free market it wouldn't bother me, as I would go with the next provider that didn't do that. Of course, this being fucking Houston we are clearly too small of a market for competition in cable companies. Therefore, I don't really even have a choice other than to be fucked by them.

It just pisses me off so god damned much to get screwed like this and no recourse other than simply not having internet. Possibly I could switch to AT&T Uverse, but I don't know how much the installation cost will be, and I don't know if my landlord will allow me to install it. They can basically charge me whatever they feel like, and there is nothing I can possibly do. I am a big free market supporter, and the fact that this massive company is able to survive not through its own merits but because there is no true competition makes me physically fucking ill.

Fuck the fucking motherfuckers.

Fuck you comcast. I hope this is going through one of your filters right now so you can kill my bandwidth even more.

You pieces of shit.

(On that note has anyone here tried Uverse? What do you think of it?)

/rant

P

Pojodan

smurf Comcast

I haven't had any real trouble with Comcast (Other than that I have to run keep-alive scripts that send data every 2 minutes on telnet sessions or they'll get disconnected for some reason), but I know plenty about their displeasing tendencies to be eager to switch off of them as soon as something else becomes available where I live.

R

Roxxoredizorz

smurf Comcast

I know what you mean. I'm with Telus in Canada, and they are fucking eating shit at the moment. I have to reset my router sometimes twice a day. I'm not even getting half of my promised speed, and that speed sometimes drops to worse. I use to be getting 1.5 Mbps, then 350, and at night it's like 30.

I don't use U-verse, but I do use AT&T for DSL service, and I have no complaints. I am on the Express plan (1.5 down, 384 up) and after a quick check, I am getting about 85% of advertised max upload/download speeds. I don't know if that's good or not, but it's fine for me. I do use Bitorrent and have never noticed any major throttling, but then I have my client set below max download speed and usually only download stuff at night. If I am downloading during the day, I'm usually at work or otherwise occupied so I wouldn't notice if my speed is crappy. I do on occasion notice youtube taking a while to load, but that is the exception and not the norm. I had always assumed that was due more to youtube's servers than my ISP throttling bandwidth, but I don't really know. I seem to recall the installation fee being around 120 dollars, but when I signed up there was an option to do the installation yourself, and the installation fee was waived. Installation for DSL basically consists of plugging an external adapter into the phone line, and then connecting the modem from the adapter to your computer. It was really very simple, unless you're rather computer illiterate.

Pfft, you've all got it lucky. I'm forced to be fucked over by DIALUP companies. I only -wish- I could get ripped off by a cable company instead.

On UVerse here, paying $35/mo for 6Mb down/1Mb up, measured as getting (quick check) 5.76Mb/0.92Mb, which is actually slightly better than I normally get (during the day it is usually 5.3/0.90). Don't have Comcast because I can't afford it. I live less than half a kilometer from my local node.

According to my router, the actual service to my house is about 61Mb/s, but the router says it is programmed to never let me have more than 25Mb/s at any time.

--Patrick

P

Pojodan

smurf Comcast

:explode:

No U-verse or Fios available where I live.

Just Comcast and Verison DSL.

Bah.

Zappit

Staff member
smurf Comcast

Huh. I've got Comcast, and have never had any issues with it. Matter of fact, the few times I di and couldn't fix it myself, they were really good about fixing it.

Guess it's a regional issue - I'm out in New England.

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
I thought this thread was called "Fuck Contest"

...Needless to say, I shall be leaving disappointed..
We should have our own thread. Just you and me. And some candles. And rose petals. And the musical stylings of Barry White

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw:43mefsta][/youtube:43mefsta]

C

Chibibar

smurf Comcast

Zappit said:
Huh. I've got Comcast, and have never had any issues with it. Matter of fact, the few times I di and couldn't fix it myself, they were really good about fixing it.

Guess it's a regional issue - I'm out in New England.
I had comcast when I was living in an Apartment. It was HORRIBLE. I get disconnection all the time and my speed was horrible. That was like 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.