Fuck You, Monday...Monday for the birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck You, Monday

This is the slowest God damn day in history. I swear, I've been sitting in this office for like 2000 hours.

Fuck You, Monday

I have done nothing at all today. I just now, at nearly 6pm, got out of the shower. Had a busy weekend, stomach is wreaking its vengeance upon me for ingesting the double down and so many chicken wings. So I've sat here in my PJs all day catching up on Community and Dexter. As Mondays go, not bad.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Fuck You, Monday

This is the slowest God damn day in history. I swear, I've been sitting in this office for like 2000 hours.
Try surviving a Finnish wedding in the countryside. You'll be hoping you faint just to alleviate the boredom.

Yeah, I don't think much about countryside weddings. Inviting 100-200 people who barely know each other, mostly old people, into a remote locale and expecting them to stay past midnight because there's gonna be some dinner and cake...

Fuck You, Monday

Today was a crappy day. I've felt like shit all day. It's not all bad I guess. I'm going to pick up some more Guinea fowl from my aunt and uncle. I'm going to have 4 more of these crazy bastards running around my yard now...

(Mine don't have blue heads though, they're white. I'm racist like that.)

Fuck You, Monday

Hell no, that is AWESOME. That picture makes it real easy to visualize how dinosaurs could be their progenitors.

M

Matt²

Fuck You, Monday

I thought that bird resembled a ostrich myself. I know the beak is different, but still.

actually.. not by much.

Fuck You, Monday

They're about the size of a regular chicken, great for eating bugs. They always reminded me of Skeksis.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Fuck You, Monday

Looks like some lizard-bird-thingie from Pandora... possessed by the Devil. Christ, I hope it tastes better than it looks.

M

makare

Fuck You, Monday

Im not sure why but that ostrich reminds me of Chris Hansen

Fuck You, Monday

I wouldn't know, haven't eaten one. They're just there to make noise and eat bugs. They sound like a squeaky door, but insanely loud. They're kind of a watch dog bird. They make a ton of noise when someone comes in, but they don't attack.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Fuck You, Monday

Soooo... your yard is guarded by a quartet of azure bird-lizards spawned from the deepest pits of Hell? Man, all you need is a moat and some leather clothing and you'll have a li'l Fortress of Doom right there.

Fuck You, Monday

I have done nothing at all today. I just now, at nearly 6pm, got out of the shower. Had a busy weekend, stomach is wreaking its vengeance upon me for ingesting the double down and so many chicken wings. So I've sat here in my PJs all day catching up on Community and Dexter. As Mondays go, not bad.
Did you vote?

Soooo... your yard is guarded by a quartet of azure bird-lizards spawned from the deepest pits of Hell? Man, all you need is a moat and some leather clothing and you'll have a li'l Fortress of Doom right there.
I actually have 5 now. I had one lonely bird all summer cause my sister dogs killed one. Now I'm fully restocked and ready to breed them next spring.

M

makare

Baer sometimes you see right into my brain.

I apologize for that....

also puffins are awesome

Fuck You, Monday

Did you vote?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Toronto resident, and as far as the Oakville elections: None of the candidates have done anything at all to differentiate themselves from one another. I just get "VOTE ______" cards in the mail every day with no info on them. Its run like a friggin' high school student council election, and I refuse to vote without knowing who or what it is I'm voting for.

Fuck You, Monday

I'm not a Toronto resident, and as far as the Oakville elections: None of the candidates have done anything at all to differentiate themselves from one another. I honestly have zero knowledge of what any of their platforms are. I just get "VOTE ______" cards in the mail every day with no info on them. Its run like a friggin' high school student council election, and I refuse to vote without knowing who or what it is I'm voting for.
Then exorcise your right to decline your ballot. I've done it several times, once I even chastised the newspaper for not reporting refused ballots correctly. Apparently that year, almost 7% declined their ballot as opposed to choosing a pathetic candidate.

Sooo....do some research?
I did some research, there really wasn't much to differentiate the candidates at all. For example all three mayoral candidates ran on a campaign platform of "reduce taxes, build a new hospital (actually, to be fair, one was merely "increase hospital funding"), and reduce pollution." Not exactly controversial issues, or differentiating opinions on them.

I always vote in the federal and provincial elections, but yeah, I'm pretty bad with municipal elections. I'm only a student here anyway, so unless one of them wants to significantly change the public transit here or cap the rent homeowners can charge, none of it effects me. That might be kind of a selfish view, but its hard to care about property taxes or real estate values when it doesn't apply.

I'm moving out of Oakville once I'm graduated in April anyway. Probably to Toronto. There, there is a massive difference in the candidates and the mayor's actually got some level of power, so I'd have to be an asshole not to vote.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I'm not a Toronto resident, and as far as the Oakville elections: None of the candidates have done anything at all to differentiate themselves from one another. I honestly have zero knowledge of what any of their platforms are. I just get "VOTE ______" cards in the mail every day with no info on them. Its run like a friggin' high school student council election, and I refuse to vote without knowing who or what it is I'm voting for.
Then exorcise your right to decline your ballot. I've done it several times, once I even chastised the newspaper for not reporting refused ballots correctly. Apparently that year, almost 7% declined their ballot as opposed to choosing a pathetic candidate.[/QUOTE]

I actually had this conversation with someone recently. They told me that there is no way to officially abstain other than to just not vote, and I swore up and down that there was, even though I've never actually done it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.