[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a poster for that movie the last time I went to the theatre, and I just shook my head. EVERY CHARACTER on the poster was making that face.

Other thing about Dreamworks movies, it's all about "Look at who we have doing the voices!" instead of really being about the story. Mastermind's ads have all been about "Here's Will Ferrell! Here's Tina Fey! Here's Brad Pitt!", can't say I know what the story is about at all from the commercials.

Other thing about Dreamworks movies, it's all about "Look at who we have doing the voices!" instead of really being about the story. Mastermind's ads have all been about "Here's Will Ferrell! Here's Tina Fey! Here's Brad Pitt!", can't say I know what the story is about at all from the commercials.
I haven't seen commercials since I don't have TV, but the trailer from before another movie showed some of Mastermind and it actually looks pretty good. It's just those stupid ads...

fade

Staff member
Can I post one of my own? My wife makes cakes professionally (I do the fondant sculptures for her), and she just got a storefront. Anyway, she asked me to make those little signs that go on stands in front of the cakes. She bought me some blank flash cards and a calligraphy pen, and I thought I'd do some trial runs beforehand. What do you think?

I haven't seen commercials since I don't have TV, but the trailer from before another movie showed some of Mastermind and it actually looks pretty good. It's just those stupid ads...[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show how little they're really pushing the movie over the voices or the dream-faces, I still think the name of the movie should be "Mastermind" when it's really "Megamind." I've seen some funny clips, but at the end of all the trailers it's been BRAD PITT, TINA FEY, WILL FERRELL. Pixar on the other hand didn't even have Tim Allen or Tom Hanks listed on any of the posters for Toy Story 3. I haven't been disappointed by Pixar, yet, and own all their movies but How to Train Your Dragon is really the only Dreamworks movie that I own.

I haven't seen commercials since I don't have TV, but the trailer from before another movie showed some of Mastermind and it actually looks pretty good. It's just those stupid ads...[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show how little they're really pushing the movie over the voices or the dream-faces, I still think the name of the movie should be "Mastermind" when it's really "Megamind." I've seen some funny clips, but at the end of all the trailers it's been BRAD PITT, TINA FEY, WILL FERRELL. Pixar on the other hand didn't even have Tim Allen or Tom Hanks listed on any of the posters for Toy Story 3. I haven't been disappointed by Pixar, yet, and own all their movies but How to Train Your Dragon is really the only Dreamworks movie that I own.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame the trailers for me messing up the name :p especially since I just posted an ad of it in the last page and should've known better.

Also, keep in mind that Dreamworks is a distributor of different studios' animated films. Example, Shrek is not made by the same people as Ice Age. Pixar is Pixar, solely, and distributed by Disney (though that line is blurring thanks to John Lassetter).

I still need to see How to Train Your Dragon, but I was very impressed with Kung Fu Panda. That said, it still did the whole "guess what actors we got?!" thing. Pixar's method is preferable, getting good voices over famous voices, promoting story and character over stardom, but not everything under Dreamworks is bad.

We had one of those (not Dora, the raccoon from Over the Hedge), and I swear every time I saw it all I could think was that it must have been purchased at Adam & Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.