Export thread

getting drunk and disorderly at family gatherings is the reason for the season

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Post here every time you drink jack daniels and yell at your cousins.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

my brother's not on this forum.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Give me till Thursday.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't drink, so I just avoid family gatherings.

Terrik

Terrik

I had the most wonderful bottle of jack last night and dont quite know how I got home. It was that awesome. There may have been dancing with sexy chinese girls in there somewhere, but honestly, I have no clue.

On the plus side, I made it to work on time,.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

My cousins live in England, my mother's in Alabama, my father's at an undisclosed location in the Mediterranean, and I'm working on Christmas Day.

I'll load up the night before and drunk-dial tho... does that count? *grins*

Wasabi Poptart

I wish I could drink. My mother-in-law just told us that she and my father-in-law are coming down for Christmas Day.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

No in-laws = Holiday Win. :thumb:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

My maternal grandparents decided not to come down and visit. Time to bust out some celebratory eggnog!

Chazwozel

I just bought my yearly bottle of Wild Turkey. Tis the season to get fucked up.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

^the dirty bird will fuck you up just fine...

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

We don't have a boozing tradition. We just have a passive-aggressive/guilt trip tradition. I'd rather have the booze.

Shannow

Shannow

Jameson.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fuck you all and your booze. I have to face my family sober.

Life just isn't fair.

phil

phil

Drinking my 3rd mimosa, watching scrubs and wondering who is snoring louder, my mom or my dog.

Could be worse.

predicted response
watching scrubs

could be worse
Not by much :smug:

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Drinking my 3rd mimosa, watching scrubs and wondering who is snoring louder, my mom or my dog.

Could be worse.

predicted response
watching scrubs

could be worse
New Scrubs or old Scrubs? New Scrubs = :mmph:

Math242

Math242

I'm the only one enjoying booze in the family

phil

phil

Could be worse.

predicted response
watching scrubs

could be worse
New Scrubs or old Scrubs? New Scrubs = :mmph:[/QUOTE]

Season 4

Chazwozel

Dearest Halforum,

Yippie-Kay-Yay Motherfuckers, and Happy Holidays.

Love Chazwozel, from 6 a.m. this morning.

Jake

Jake

Case of beer, 3 bottles of red wine, carton of eggnog and fifth of Evan Williams (my go-to mixing bourbon). That should get us through the weekend.

Shakey

Shakey

Dearest Halforum,

It's not Wild Turkey unless it's over 100 proof:humph:

Shannow

Shannow

man has a point.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I noticed that too...

Some jurisdictions limit you to 80 proof. But I doubt that is the case up there.

Chazwozel

Dearest Halforum,

It's not Wild Turkey unless it's over 100 proof:humph:[/quote]

Ha! Let's see you down just half a bottle of something 40 proof, mister!

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I noticed that too...

Some jurisdictions limit you to 80 proof. But I doubt that is the case up there.

PA my friend. We can't even buy beer at the friggin grocery store here.

Shakey

Shakey

Dearest Halforum,

[/QUOTE]

Whenever you want. I can usually drop a little over half a 750 of 100+ proof bourbon. I'm not a fan of Wild Turkey though, unless it's Kentucky Spirit. Otherwise I'm a Knob Creek or Bookers guy.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dearest Halforum,

[/quote]

Whenever you want. I can usually drop a little over half a 750 of 100+ proof bourbon. I'm not a fan of Wild Turkey though, unless it's Kentucky Spirit. Otherwise I'm a Knob Creek or Bookers guy.[/QUOTE]

That's 12.5 ounces of booze (750 ml = about 25oz)
http://drunkdrivingdefense.com/general/bac.htm

You'd have to be a pretty heavy guy to not be knocked on your ass. At 240 lbs (.188 bac), you'd still be well over twice the legal limit for driving in Texas.

http://www.brad21.org/effects_at_specific_bac.html
0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a \"sloppy drunk.\"

Wasabi Poptart

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I noticed that too...

Or on Sunday. Or has that changed?

Shakey

Shakey

Dearest Halforum,

[/quote]

Whenever you want. I can usually drop a little over half a 750 of 100+ proof bourbon. I'm not a fan of Wild Turkey though, unless it's Kentucky Spirit. Otherwise I'm a Knob Creek or Bookers guy.[/QUOTE]

That's 12.5 ounces of booze (750 ml = about 25oz)
http://drunkdrivingdefense.com/general/bac.htm

You'd have to be a pretty heavy guy to not be knocked on your ass. At 240 lbs (.188 bac), you'd still be well over twice the legal limit for driving in Texas.

http://www.brad21.org/effects_at_specific_bac.html
0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a \"sloppy drunk.\"
[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I wouldn't be trashed, and I wouldn't be driving.

Chazwozel

[/COLOR]
I noticed that too...

Or on Sunday. Or has that changed?[/QUOTE]

Uh...never...

The only way to get beer in PA is at a beer distributor in 24 pack cases or at insanely overpriced prices at a bar for a 6 pack. The only way to get liquor is at a state run Wine and Spirits shop which are closed on Sundays.

Wasabi Poptart

Oh yeah!! I remembered the wine and spirit shops were closed on Sunday, but I forgot you couldn't buy beer there. Since I was in NJ, I always had to being the beer to my friends' parties over in PA. If the party was on Sunday, or they needed cheap booze, I knew exactly what I would end up bringing.

General Specific

General Specific

What do I do if I don't have any cousins?

And don't drink?

Cajungal

Cajungal

What do I do if I don't have any cousins?

And don't drink?
You don't have ANY cousins???

:tear:

General Specific

General Specific

Nope, not one. What can I say? My sibilings and I scared my aunts & uncles into not having any kids.

Sad part is, I'm only slightly joking.

rabbitgod

No booze yet for me. Christmas day after we stop at my Wife's parents house we go over ther her Grandmother's house. Now this woman is the best. She serves mimosas, wine, and cocktails, but provides zero food. She then shoves drinks in your face for 2 hours in an attempt to keep you from walking out the door...ever.

And I'm so glad I don't live in a dry county or state that regulates alchohol purchases as strict as PA. The whole thing is silly.

Wasabi Poptart

General - I have more than 30 first cousins on my dad's side. If you want a few, I'll give them to you free of charge. I have some first cousins once removed and second cousins on my mom's side I'd be willing to part with as well.

Chazwozel

No booze yet for me. Christmas day after we stop at my Wife's parents house we go over ther her Grandmother's house. Now this woman is the best. She serves mimosas, wine, and cocktails, but provides zero food. She then shoves drinks in your face for 2 hours in an attempt to keep you from walking out the door...ever.

And I'm so glad I don't live in a dry county or state that regulates alchohol purchases as strict as PA. The whole thing is silly.

PA is ass backward when it comes to liquor laws. Fucking Quakers!

Jake

Jake

The only way to get beer in PA is at a beer distributor in 24 pack cases
I learned that when I went for an interview at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philly. I always pick up some local brew when I travel, so I just wanted a sixer or something. But no, I had to lug a case (sampler of Victory) back to my hotel. I drank a couple that night, but since my interview was the next day I couldn't lighten the load more than that. I then carefully packed the rest in my garment bag and tried to look casual lugging it around the next day at the interview, even though it was heavy as fuck.

rabbitgod

PA is ass backward when it comes to liquor laws. Fucking Quakers!
Yeah it is. It becomes extra silly when you consider that before prohibition, PA had more breweries/distilleries than virtually any other region of equivilant square miles.

Dry counties I can kind of understand. That community finds it morally irresponsible to drink. Ok, I disagree, but I don't live there so go crazy. But when a State limits alchohol purchases on Sundays they're getting into stupidland. You can drink all you want, but you can't purchase because three old ladies are at church that day.

We have at least one dry Reservation, but none of the counties are dry. We do have some stupid Microbrew laws, but they're slowly being changed.

In the end though, you got your Wild Turkey early, so I salute you!

General Specific

General Specific

Ah South Carolina and our lovely Blue Laws. Not only can you not buy any alcohol all day (unless you go to a bar, then hey, go crazy), but you also cannot buy regular goods (excepting groceries and gas) before 1:30pm.

You can quite litteraly walk into Wal-Mart and not be able to buy anything except food.

You can buy all the liquor you want on saturday, just not on sunday. You can go to a bar and get drunk legally (just don't drive home) on sunday, but you can't buy alcohol to have in your own home on the same day.

South Carolina: "What separation of church & state?"

Kitty Sinatra

Toronto (and Ontario) used to be much like that. When plenty of counties were dry, when we couldn't stand in a bar with a drink in hand - we had to be sitting at the bar or table (or perhaps standing right at the bar); if we wanted to move to another table, for example, the waitress had to carry our drink over for us. Can't buy booze on Sunday, etc.

Then our government decided there was money in booze. We still have to go to a provincially owned beer store (they're creatively called the Beer Store) to buy beer. And the provincially owned liquor store to buy liquor and more beer. But they open on Sunday now, and have customer-friendly times. There's a hefty sin tax applied to all our booze, but there is a benefit to the provincially owned stores: As two of the largest purchasers of booze in the world, the Beer Stores and liquor stores have a wide and varied selection; walking into even just a decent-sized store is wonderful . . . except that they don't stock the really cheap booze; there's nothing in the stores that isn't at least decent quality.

On a side note, I'd regularly heard that Quebec's liquor laws were so much more relaxed than Ontario's. You can buy booze at the convenience store, after all! And take your own wine to a restaurant. It sounded better than my home province . . . then I lived for a while in Montreal and learned that it ain't so relaxed o'er there. For one, you can only take your own wine to certain restaurants in certain (touristy) neighbourhoods - and those restaurants don't stock their own! Then there are places with liquor licenses that require you order food if you want to order booze, while there are other places we you can order booze without food; that one took some getting used to for me.

Chazwozel

I learned that when I went for an interview at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philly. I always pick up some local brew when I travel, so I just wanted a sixer or something. But no, I had to lug a case (sampler of Victory) back to my hotel. I drank a couple that night, but since my interview was the next day I couldn't lighten the load more than that. I then carefully packed the rest in my garment bag and tried to look casual lugging it around the next day at the interview, even though it was heavy as fuck.[/QUOTE]

You dumb dick, why didn't accept the job at Fox Chase? You'd be like 20 minutes away from where I work now.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'll have some Jim Beam later and yell at what ever locals are left at the bar.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nope, not one. What can I say? My sibilings and I scared my aunts & uncles into not having any kids.

Sad part is, I'm only slightly joking.
From now on, we're honorary cousins. :) But you can't yell at me. In my family, cousins are friends.

Jake

Jake

I learned that when I went for an interview at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philly. I always pick up some local brew when I travel, so I just wanted a sixer or something. But no, I had to lug a case (sampler of Victory) back to my hotel. I drank a couple that night, but since my interview was the next day I couldn't lighten the load more than that. I then carefully packed the rest in my garment bag and tried to look casual lugging it around the next day at the interview, even though it was heavy as fuck.[/quote]

You dumb dick, why didn't accept the job at Fox Chase? You'd be like 20 minutes away from where I work now.[/QUOTE]
Being a private institute, they apparently didn't feel the need to pay anywhere close to NIH standards. I think postdocs were starting at 30K or some shit.

Chazwozel

I learned that when I went for an interview at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philly. I always pick up some local brew when I travel, so I just wanted a sixer or something. But no, I had to lug a case (sampler of Victory) back to my hotel. I drank a couple that night, but since my interview was the next day I couldn't lighten the load more than that. I then carefully packed the rest in my garment bag and tried to look casual lugging it around the next day at the interview, even though it was heavy as fuck.[/quote]

You dumb dick, why didn't accept the job at Fox Chase? You'd be like 20 minutes away from where I work now.[/quote]
Being a private institute, they apparently didn't feel the need to pay anywhere close to NIH standards. I think postdocs were starting at 30K or some shit.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... now I remember why I passed up Fox Chase too. :p

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Almost time for Xmas Dinner. I raided the liquor cabinet. My dad has some good shit. Including some Jack Daniels in this really crazy bottle I've never seen before.

fade

fade

I could never drink around family. That would just be weird.

Also, are we having another "I can drink more than you!" shouting match? Last time, there were some ridiculous claims of the sort that wouldn't just cause alcohol poisoning, but would actually pickle your corpse.

Jake

Jake

It would have been weird in years past, but my generation on my mom's side has slowly been changing the status quo toward imbibing at the big Christmas throwdown. My dad's side is German-Irish, so they didn't need any help.

Also, are we having another "I can drink more than you!" shouting match? Last time, there were some ridiculous claims of the sort that wouldn't just cause alcohol poisoning, but would actually pickle your corpse.
Most people give up that kind of talk around 19 or so. Some, perhaps not...

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

true exchange:

"what are you having for dessert?

Me: *slugs down glass of wine* CIDER.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Me neither, I'd never drink with my family.