Export thread

Going down the interstate sideways...

Dave

Dave

...is kinda fun. That is, if I'd have wanted to and it wasn't caused by someone else coming into my lane and my hitting a semi hauling heavy equipment.

I'm okay and the car is surprisingly okay other than a shattered bumper and the hatch is dented.

But that was what happened to me while on my lunch hour getting medicine for my wife who was diagnosed yesterday with the H1N1 virus.

Anyone want to trade days?

Chibibar

dude.... stay home!
the world is full of nuts! ;) (like me)

Shakey

Shakey

Get it over with and buy a tank. You have horrible luck with cars.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Vagabond

V.Bond

Is that the HHR?

Why do you continue to abuse that car so?

I mean, sure, it's not the greatest car in the world, but seriously man.

Seriously.

Dave

Dave

God hates my HHR.

Rubicon

wow, how many car wrecks can you get into in one year Ed?

your insurance must be through-the-roof lol..sorry to hear that

Dave

Dave

It really would make me feel better if:

a) At least one of them were my fault.
b) One of the offending dickwads would have stuck around instead of running away like the illegally driving little bitches they are.

General Specific

General Specific

I'll trade you my yesterday. It included:
* Got dumped by a girl I had spent the weekend with and thought was going to have a great relationship with
* Forgot to put my debit card back in my wallet when ordering pizza the night before, so didn't get lunch or anything to eat until 10:30pm (almost ran out of gas for the same reason)
* Got a new schedule at work that takes away my friday's off and makes me work every 4th saturday

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

God hates my HHR.
Can you blame him?

Covar

Covar

Glad to hear you're all right at least.

you are all right. right?

Dave

Dave

Yeah. I'm a little shaken and I think I may have some back pain but it's nothing like what it could have been had I been about 15 more feet in front of the semi. You'd all be making fun of me as per the "in the event of my untimely death" thread I made in the waning days of the singular Halforum.

General Specific

General Specific

We can still do that if you want, Dave

Batdan

You'd all be making fun of me as per the "in the event of my untimely death" thread I made in the waning days of the singular Halforum.
Can I have your stereo?

Just saying...

Dave

Dave

:thumbsup:

Andromache

Don't worry Dave. If you die I've ensured that we will all follow you to the grave. Loyalty even in death!:WThumbsup:

Espy

Espy

I already have the kool-aid mixed!

General Specific

General Specific

*spits out the kool-aid he snuck from the bar*

:doooom:

Pojodan

Reminds me of my first winter in Alaska.

We lived in a neighborhood right at the top of a fairly steep hill... a rather poor design choice, given Alaska's long winters and icy roads.

Well, I got in our 1985 Jeep Cherokee with my mother one day in early winter (October) and we set out for the store.

We got onto the road okay, but as we approached the bottom (Did I mention there was a stop light at the bottom of this long, steep, icy hill?) mother started to brake for the red light.

Bam! Like a dog with an itchy butt, the car spun, and suddenly the red light and cross traffic was seen through the driver side window and the mini van that was approaching us swiftly was seen through my window... for whatever reason the car traveled in a straight line better going sideways than forward.

After a solid 100 yards or so, the minivan had swerved onto the sidewalk and we came to rest in the middle of the intersection, looking as though we had performed the perfect stunt to suddenly be traveling west on the intersecting street rather than south as we had intended.

Aside from a few shattered notions of safety and handling, nothing was damaged, and we continued, alibi never going above 10 mph

Adam

Adammon

God hates my HHR.
Can you blame him?[/QUOTE]

+1

Hylian

Hylian

I already have the kool-aid mixed!

:falldown:

PatrThom

PatrThom

God hates my HHR.
Can you blame him?[/QUOTE]No. HHRs are some of the suckiest cars out there. Their acceleration and handling are so...mushy. And I say this from firsthand experience.

--Patrick

Silvanesti

dude that sucks! Im so sorry man. well, with all this bad shit going on you're bound to trip and fall into a pit filled with money and tits :p

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I can't avoid reading HHR ad Heil Hitler...

If that was the real name, I guess it would be OK to hate your car, wouldn't it?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

God hates my HHR.
Can you blame him?[/QUOTE]No. HHRs are some of the suckiest cars out there. Their acceleration and handling are so...mushy. And I say this from firsthand experience.

--Patrick[/QUOTE]

Mine is actually kinda quick. Have the 2LT, with the better handling and engine package. It just does funny things when I floor it at 60 mph.

Bubble181

Bubble181

:confused:
Damn, I think even I have gotten in less car accidents. Get a tank. Better yet, get a helicopter :confused:

Gusto

Gusto

Get a hovercraft.

Dave

Dave

Get a hovercraft.
I have one. It's full of eels.

Gusto

Gusto

Get a hovercraft.
I have one. It's full of eels.[/QUOTE]

Drop a toaster in there.

General Specific

General Specific

Get a hovercraft.
I have one. It's full of eels.[/QUOTE]

:awesome:

Do you want to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Glad you're okay. Sounds scary as hell. There are some seriously bad drivers out there. I think us middle Americans are surrounded by the worst of the lot. Also, we have to deal with farm machinery on the highway!

Dave

Dave

Glad you're okay. Sounds scary as hell. There are some seriously bad drivers out there. I think us middle Americans are surrounded by the worst of the lot. Also, we have to deal with farm machinery on the highway!
Never had any issues with farm machinery, even when the people driving them were 12-13 year old kids. Almost all of them pull over as far as they can and signal if you can/cannot pass safely. It wasn't until I got into the city where the uninsured and illegal drivers were plentiful that I ran into issues.