Export thread

Google Wave - Halforums members and invites

Ross

Ross

This thread will be for HF members to share their Google Wave account info. and request invites.

http://wave.google.com/

I have 8 invites to hand out right now, so I can start passing those out. Invites typically take about an hour for Google to process and get sent out through e-mail, so don't be waiting for it to come in right away.

To get an invite, you need to provide someone who has invites left to give with your e-mail address so they can put it in Google Wave and get the invite sent to you.

My Google Wave account is thekramssor@googlewave.com

Your Google Wave address will be made when you provide them with a user name once you've gotten on.

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

i got seven left, twitchmoss@googlewave.com

Dave

Dave

bhamv3

bhamv3

I know I'm probably opening up myself to considerable ridicule, but... what's Google Wave?

Dave

Dave

It's a new thing that will like collaborative email, IM and blogging stuff all at once. There's a LONG video on YouTube.

But here's a shorter one.

klew

klew

kevinlew1 at

edit to add: I'm already participating, no need to send me an invite.

fade

fade

Yeah, it's basically like CVS/SVN, email, and IM all rolled into one. Looks like it might be nice for project management. I could definitely see the use for it with my grad students.

elph

I have like 28 invites (it just so happens none of the people I thought would be interested in it, are, so I have no one to.. wave). my address is ielphi

HowDroll

HowDroll

samanthamichele7 (at) gmail.com

I've barely used it, too.

Soliloquy

Well, I'm willing to try it out. Could one of you send an invite to <EMAIL>?

Ross

Ross

Sending it now...

Also, you might want to take the e-mail out of your post EDIT: unless that's what your using for the wave account.

Soliloquy

Sending it now...

Also, you might want to take the e-mail out of your post.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! thanks!

MindDetective

MindDetective

I requested to be in beta and didn't get anything yet. minddetective can be emailed at gmail.

BErt

I wouldn't mind trying this if someone would be kind enough to invite me at gmail.

ImNotBErt

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'd like to try this! If anyone has some spare invites, I could take care of one! You may find me at CarloEGV (···) Gmail.com (I guess I have to use my Gmail account, no?)

Gurpel

Gurpel

i'd kind of like an invite... carter.campbell@gmail.com

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Willing to take a look at this the email addy is:

jeffbrown.lufkin (somesquigglything) gmail.com

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I don't have any invites but I do have Google Wave. Still learning with it but I really like it so far.

Twitch

I might give this a try, so do I leave it here or email one of the people who posted?
Either way
Jonk382 (at) gmail.com

Ross

Ross

I requested to be in beta and didn't get anything yet. minddetective can be emailed at gmail.
I wouldn't mind trying this if someone would be kind enough to invite me at gmail.

ImNotBErt
I'd like to try this! If anyone has some spare invites, I could take care of one! You may find me at CarloEGV (···) Gmail.com (I guess I have to use my Gmail account, no?)
i'd kind of like an invite.. <E-MAIL>
Willing to take a look at this the email addy is:

jeffbrown.lufkin (somesquigglything) gmail.com
Sent requests in for all of you.

I only have 2 left, and would like to reserve those for RL friends, so hit up Ame or Moss or someone else that gets an invite from me to get in.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Thank you, man! I'll check it out tomorrow morning, though.

Ross

Ross

I might give this a try, so do I leave it here or email one of the people who posted?
Either way
Jonk382 (at) gmail.com
invitation sent, tho Wave says:

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.
So I guess it might take a day or so. ^.^[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, it usually takes about an hour.

David

David

Can someone please send an invite to davidfromtga? :)

Gkbur

could I get an invite at gkbur85@gmail.com? please?

Gkbur

thanks!

Twitch

Haben sie vielen dank.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Got my invite, took about 30 minutes after sending to arrive. Now to go and see...

BErt

got mine too...thanks ross!

MindDetective

MindDetective

got mine too...thanks ross!
Ditto! Thanks.

fade

fade

I'll take one if you have one left. jack.stalnaker at the good ol' gmail.

fade

fade

Thanks! Got it!

strawman

strawman

stienman@googlewave.com is mine. No invites available right now, but include me in any halforums waves!

Calleja

Calleja

My account is fcalleja@googlewave

I'm pretty sure.

klew

klew

I pulled the names from this thread and put them into a wave, just to see how it works out. You can play along for a while or quit, or whatever, up to you.

Dave

Dave

I figured out how. I have 7 left. Drop me a PM or just ask here.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sure, I can go for one. You can find me at gmail, and my account may or may not be rpaulus . ^_^

Jay

Jay

What is this?!?

Dave

Dave

Sure, I can go for one. You can find me at gmail, and my account may or may not be rpaulus . ^_^
Sent. It may take a bit of time as they don't go out right away. Seems like they don't take that long, though.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

What is this?!?
http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video

Bubble181

Bubble181

Merci, monsieur Dave.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I think I'm zenmonkey at the googlewave, and I am also replete with invites if anyone needs.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

elph has a point..changing my post to a pm

elph

I have 25 left. PM me and I'll send you one. That way we don't double up on invites by all of us eagerly waiting to burn our invites up.

elph

elph has a point..changing my post to a pm
Sent. Seems average turnaround is about 30 - 60 minutes.

fade

fade

So, is it eventually going to absorb gmail? It's already got email in it, so will it eventually be interfacing with my gmail and gcontacts? It seems like it should.

Calleja

Calleja

It is their plan... they're trying to "upgrade" the whole e-mail PROTOCOL, which is why they've made wave open-source so even competitors can get in on it.

That's their plan, and I'd say it's farfetched... but it IS google.

also, remember Wave is not even a Beta right now, it's a Preview... they opened up access so early on so developers could start working on extensions and plugins right away so when beta comes around, there's already a respectable library of them.

fade

fade

Well, if this is an addition to email, I want it added to the main gmail where I have a healthy load of stuff already.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I think I'm zenmonkey at the googlewave, and I am also replete with invites if anyone needs.
I tried adding:
zenmonkey [.that at symbol.] googlewave [period] com

I got:
User does not have a Google Wave account.
[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, it's my username so I thought it was my email too. It's actually iWife07 at that google wave thing. (Same as my geemail address.)

Gkbur

If anyone is interested, here's a list of various gadgets and chatbots to use with wave http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13086406/Google-Wave-Extension-List

Ross

Ross

If anyone is interested, here's a list of various gadgets and chatbots to use with wave http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13086406/Google-Wave-Extension-List

I may have to try a couple of these... especially the scripting one that color-formats the code that you put in.

fade

fade

Apparently we hit the top two complaints. Lack of integration with mail and slowness.

Ross

Ross

Apparently we hit the top two complaints. Lack of integration with mail and slowness.
I love the "people can see what I'm typing as I type" complaint... that's one of the major "breakthrough" features of it. I guess you could disable it in options if you really wanted to, but that would take some of the fun out of it.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Then there is the "It's too hard to learn" crowd.

makare

mine is makareone

KarateKidMcFly

I think wave is great, I just haven't had much use for it as of yet. I'm at karatekidmcfly(a)googlewave.com

fade

fade

Of course. Right after I take one of AME's invites, I get the official one from Google.
D'oh.

Bones

Bones

im Mikessou(AT)googlewave(DOT)com

Ezeran

I'll take one if they are still kicking about ezeran1986 (at) gmail (dot) com

Shakey

Shakey

Thanks to Dave I'm in.

taaker at googlewave.

Shakey

Shakey

Same here.

Rob King

Rob King

Well, it isn't even technically to Beta yet. I am a little sad that we're having such difficulties, though.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if there were not any problems. We're the willing test subjects and crap is gonna happen.

Wish it wouldn't.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Now that I know both your name and surname, I found you on Facebook. I love finding people on facebook, even If I never ask for their friendship or whatever it's called in english.

I also found Dave, of course.

Calleja

Calleja

People find ME in Facebook :cool:

fade

fade

Now that I know both your name and surname, I found you on Facebook. I love finding people on facebook, even If I never ask for their friendship or whatever it's called in english.

I also found Dave, of course.[/QUOTE]

Harsh! :'(

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I also found Dave, of course.[/QUOTE]

I have a new found appreciation for Shego now.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm too tired to think.

What did I do?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

:_(

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I'm too tired to think.

What did I do?
Ah, don't worry Silver Jelly, you didn't anything wrong.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Thanks to moss for the invite.

Ok... now what? Are there any Halforums waves actually running? So far the only one I've got going is for the latest avast! fuck-up.

Dave

Dave

DA, what's your wave address? I'll invite ya.

Holy Knickers

Holy Knickers

If anyone has any invites left I would like to give this a go.

kkuchaj (at) gmail

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

darkaudit (at) googlewave (dot) com.

Dave

Dave

If anyone has any invites left I would like to give this a go.

kkuchaj (at) gmail
darkaudit (at) googlewave (dot) com.[/QUOTE]

Done and done.

Rob King

Rob King

ooh, can I get invited to Halforums waves too?

joshua.ak.thompson AT googlewave DOT com

I'm already part of this Paranoia game, but if there's more halforums business going on I want in.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So is the search case sensitive? Trying to search using Halforums, halforums, and with:halforums all returned nothing last night.

Rob King

Rob King

So is the search case sensitive? Trying to search using Halforums, halforums, and with:halforums all returned nothing last night.
You can't just join a wave: you have to be invited. The search is a function similar to what it is in Gmail. When you search a term, you are searching it in your inbox ... or rather, in the waves that you are already a part of.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You can't just join a wave: you have to be invited. The search is a function similar to what it is in Gmail. When you search a term, you are searching it in your inbox ... or rather, in the waves that you are already a part of.[/QUOTE]

Unless the wave is public. That's how I found the wave discussing the avast! cock-up last night.

klew

klew

the one we started isn't public, I tried to change it to public, try now with a search for Halforums

Rob King

Rob King

You can't just join a wave: you have to be invited. The search is a function similar to what it is in Gmail. When you search a term, you are searching it in your inbox ... or rather, in the waves that you are already a part of.[/QUOTE]

Unless the wave is public. That's how I found the wave discussing the avast! cock-up last night.[/QUOTE]

WICKED! I had no idea that was possible, but it makes a lot of sense.

This Wave thing seems like it's trying to be a catch-all for web communication. It's like a forum, like email, like a blog, it's like instant messaging ... and yet it's neither of those things. Not completely.

I'm very much looking forward to gaining more control over waves, though. I'd like the ability to re-order comments in the thread, and/or elect one wave-er to have permission to edit everything.

Is there any way to kick people from a wave you started? I tried last night just to test it, but I couldn't do it.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I finally tried it! more or less... I watched around, but didn't actually use it yet.
I'm CarloEGV, but you already know that from my gmail account.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I checked my waves this morning to find out I had 24 invites if people still need one.

KCWM

KCWM

I'd love to give this whole googlewave thing a try

galanaldaco @ gmail . com

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'd love to give this whole googlewave thing a try

galanaldaco @ gmail . com
Cool, expect an invite soon.

Cuyval Dar

laneambrose at googlewave.com

evilmike