Guild dungeon runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as of 2am server time, guild experience, reputation, achievements and perks are live. One of the best ways to get guild experience and reputation is with Guild dungeon runs. To get credit for this, you need a group with at least 4 guild members to run a dungeon.

Also, once players hit level 81 their rate statistics will drop dramatically (hit%, crit%, haste%), so the entry level cataclysm dungeons may be easier to hit right away than after we level to 81.

[strike]There is one dungeon in particular, Blackrock Caverns, that isn't associated with a specific Cataclysm questing zone, so there'd be no plot spoilers if we hit that right away.[/strike]

So, any interest?

EDIT: I am wrong, apparently. It looks like Mount Hyjal questing leads you to Blackrock Caverns, and Vashj'ir questing leads you to Throne of the Tides. So, no hurry if you wanted to quest to pick up the background plot. Still would enjoy some guild dungeon runs. :)

Dave

Staff member
Can we no longer use addons? I don't even have the ability to turn them on or off.

I don't think Blizzard intends to disable the use of addons, no.

As far as whether they're currently working, I have no idea.

Can we no longer use addons? I don't even have the ability to turn them on or off.
Did you do a re-install? If Cata being installed cleared your entire cache, you may need to log-in to a toon and log out again to load addons again the first time post-install.

Dave

Staff member
I did have t do a reinstall. I also logged in and then out but the addon button doesn't even register so I can't pick/choose between addons. I wonder what setting I need to change.

Dave

Staff member
I figured it out. It reinstalled to a completely different directory for some reason. I've always used the default file locations but I guess for some reason that changed....

I am down for some runs tonight, but I gave up my Holy spec for a Retribution spec to level in. If you guys need a healer more then a tank (since we have Dave and Baer) I can probably just remove my tank spec for the time being. We have until we hit 84 to do all the lower end dungeons, so it's not like we have to worry about out leveling them that quick.

C

Chibibar

I just reactivate. What type of character y'all "might" need. I am probably going to be a casual casual player and starting out with noting :(

Dave

Staff member
Couple of things, Chibi:

1. What is your character's name?
  2. Has he/she been invited to the Guild yet?
  3. I'll send ya a little $$ to get you off the ground.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

And we need DPS, believe it or not. That or a healer.

I am down for some runs tonight, but I gave up my Holy spec for a Retribution spec to level in. If you guys need a healer more then a tank (since we have Dave and Baer) I can probably just remove my tank spec for the time being. We have until we hit 84 to do all the lower end dungeons, so it's not like we have to worry about out leveling them that quick.
If Astrella comes along you should be fine in your ret spec. What time did you guys want to run today?

Healer or DPS will work fine.

I am flexible, so I can take any of the three roles based on what others choose to go. Right now the plan was, since Dave and Baer wanted to tank, that myself and my wife would be healers. (we are most likely only going to go 10mans) If you choose to take on a healer role I can try my hand at end game Retribution again with either tank or heals as a backup.

If Astrella comes along you should be fine in your ret spec. What time did you guys want to run today?
She has been really busy finishing up school this week, she didn't even have time to really play last night. We will see how it goes today, but she might not have any time tonight either.

One thing to note about the Cataclysm dungeons is that you can't queue up the Dungeon Finder until you actually "discover" the dungeon entrances. If you quest all the way through Vashj'ir, you'll get the Throne of the Tides entrance anyway, and if you quest Hyjal, you'll catch the Blackrock Caverns entrance (which, while all the way across the world, is right in the quest flow). Otherwise, we'd have to just go to the entrance and possibly use the summon stone (which isn't a big deal anyway).

And sorry for picking a one-role class. :p

Otherwise, we'd have to just go to the entrance and possibly use the summon stone (which isn't a big deal anyway).
It's not like it's hard, you can just fly to BRC right outside SW. Throne of the Tides is just smack dab in the middle of Vash'jir and has like no mobs, you just run over there on the seahorse after you get it and you are done. :p

BTW, how long did it take for most of you to replace you epics. It ended up not taking long for me, the gear reset was pretty hard.

Lakaru @ Ghostlands - World of Warcraft

Otherwise, we'd have to just go to the entrance and possibly use the summon stone (which isn't a big deal anyway).
It's not like it's hard, you can just fly to BRC right outside SW. Throne of the Tides is just smack dab in the middle of Vash'jir and has like no mobs, you just run over there on the seahorse after you get it and you are done. :p

BTW, how long did it take for most of you to replace you epics. It ended up not taking long for me, the gear reset was pretty hard.

Lakaru @ Ghostlands - World of Warcraft[/QUOTE]

My main on Moonrunner hasn't replaced anything yet, but only because he was covered in ICC purples. I'm guessing he'll start replacing within a day or two. My others, including Caco on Ghostlands, will probably start replacing the second they step into the new zones because they were still mostly in ToC 10 gear or lower.

I've only replaced a few pieces at this point and so far it seems like most of the plate gear is +agi/stam. :hm:

Hopefully I'll pick up some better shinies in the new dungeons.

I've only replaced a few pieces at this point and so far it seems like most of the plate gear is +agi/stam. :hm:
That is impossible as far as I have seen. Agility is not itemized on Plate, only Mail and Leather. Plate it itemized either for stamina and strength for tank and dps specs, or stamina, intellect, and spirit for the Holy paladins walking around. I don't think I have seen a single plate with Agility (I did wear some mail shoulders with agility for awhile though).

Doh! You're right I was getting things confused with the agi/stam axe I got. I've gotten the axe, a trinket, and plate hands and the hands do indeed have str/stam.

Edit: This is the trinket. The hit and expertise seemed like a good choice from a threat standpoint. Better than this at any rate.

Doh! You're right I was getting things confused with the agi/stam axe I got. I've gotten the axe, a trinket, and plate hands and the hands do indeed have str/stam.
Oh ya, certain weapons will have agility since they will be designed for use by hunters. I avoid those ones in favor of pure strength weapons, but would easily use one on my paladin if the overall stats outweigh the strength (and thus attack power) I would be losing.

I was thinking more along the lines of "holy shit the stam and damage on this completely outstrips my poor Peacekeeper Blade."

C

Chibibar

I hope I should be able to get Crycindia Worgen hunter - I'll make the chara tonight. (or priest. I can go with either) I usually play Mage or Pally, but I want to try Worgen.

I'm a single parent again tonight, so I'll plan on being online after I get the kid to bed. As long as he's cooperative, 9 server time should be fine.

Well I learned one thing, Blackrock Caverns is pretty easy but Throne of the Tides was kind of a bitch. Throne of the Tides has a lot of "one shot kill" abilities that totally destroy you if not careful, plus nearly all the bosses are event bosses with multiple phases, which together with the backtracking means they take a bit longer even though the whole dungeon seems smaller then Blackrock Caverns.

Dave

Staff member
Raz was GREAT! Every time we thought we had a big fight it was:

"Whose house?"

"RAZ'S HOUSE!!!"

I am of the opinion that every dungeon needs a Raz the Crazed.
I just love the fact we would walk up to what seems like an impossible pull, or large group of enemies, and we are like "wtf how are we going to handle that!" only to suddenly hear "RAZ SMASH!".

Status
Not open for further replies.