Export thread

Halforums Secret Santa 2022

GasBandit

GasBandit

Due to real life developments, it looks like Emrys is not going to be able to run the Secret Santa this year, so if nobody objects, I'll step up and take over this year.

What is it?

It's a Secret Santa gift exchange between your fellow Halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread (or PM me the information) as to what sort of interests you have.

Who can sign up?

Those who joined the forum on or before January 1, 2021 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate.

To sign up, send me a PM. As this is my first year running this, I will need:
  • your email address
  • shipping address
  • any gift rules/restrictions
  • whether or not you would be willing to ship internationally (including USA to Canada).
  • Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts).

The deadline for signing up will be Monday, November 21, 2022. We're getting a little bit of a late start of it this year, so I'm trying to allow a little later deadline than usual. The following day, you will be randomly assigned to a Secret Santa recipient and will be sent a PM with the information on your giftee. Final deadline for sending the gift is Monday, December 12, 2022.

Price range is whatever you are comfortable with giving. Feel free to spend as much as you want; just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food, please).

Try to send something you think the other person will like. As much as I can, I will be getting gift ideas/wish lists from the participants so you can send them something suitable.

Once you received your gift, post pictures. Share the joy. But if you don’t like your gift, don’t complain in the forums (especially if you didn’t supply any suggestions). Remember, it’s something somebody picked out for you in particular so don't be a butt about it.

Unless specified by the giftee, do not send NSFW. If I can restrain myself from sending normies something sticky and unsettling, so can you.

Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol. When in doubt, choose another gift.

Finally, ship well in advance. Be kind to yourself and the postal workers and ship your stuff by Dec 13th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.

If I missed anything or if you have questions, please let me know.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
GasBandit (Got Info)
evilmike (Got Info)
Bubble181 (Got Info)
Tress (Got Info)
Celt Z (Got Info)
Dave (Got Info)
Dirona (Got Info)
Tinwhistler (Got Info)
Dei (Got Info)
Bert (Got Info)
General Specific (Got Info)
Bhamv3 (Got Info)
Wahad (Got Info)

evilmike

evilmike

I'm in.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sure. But I reserve the right to complain if I don't get anything :p even if it turns out there's a very good reason for my Santa not to be able to send something afterwards, I understand and accept but I still get to be at least a little bit salty dammit, at least let me have that:p

Tress

Tress

Count me in!

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm in!

Dave

Dave

I’m in!

Dirona

Dirona

I'll send you the relevant info! I'm in!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm in

Dei

Dei

I forgot last year but I'm in again this year :)

BErt

BErt

Let's roll

General Specific

General Specific

I was just thinking about this the other day, I’m in!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I wish I could, but I just can’t afford it this year. Have fun guys!

Wahad

Wahad

Crawling out of my hiatus hole to join in.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I normally love secret Santa but medical bills mean I'm in a tight financial situation and simply can't. But I look forward to seeing what other people send each other

jwhouk

jwhouk

As much as I'd like to join this year, I've curtailed my online presence to the point where I really am not feeling it this year. Sorry. :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, sorry for the delay folks, I will be getting you your assignments tonight. @Tinwhistler and @Dei , I still need your info!

General Specific

General Specific

Well that's easy, just give them each other and tell them to figure it out. ;)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Alright, sorry for the delay folks, I will be getting you your assignments tonight. @Tinwhistler and @Dei , I still need your info!
sent

GasBandit

GasBandit

Now I just need @Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok, everybody should have gotten a message from me with the identity and information of their victim. If you did not, PM me.

Remember to please get your item in the mail by Dec 12th. Happy hunting, yous guys.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@bhamv3 - any particular requests or things to avoid?

bhamv3

bhamv3

@bhamv3 - any particular requests or things to avoid?
None at all, feel free to get me anything. I realize that you are likely shipping internationally so it's fine if it's just a small thing.

BErt

BErt

Dropping this if you need some ideas but I will be happy with literally anything

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

None at all, feel free to get me anything. I realize that you are likely shipping internationally so it's fine if it's just a small thing.
I had to get the reindeer some premium feed to get them to your place, but you should be receiving a small package by Dec. 9.

Paperwork to follow.

Dave

Dave

What’s the Secret Santa login info again?

General Specific

General Specific

Well, a present arrived for me today from my Super Secret Santa

image.jpg

It looks very interesting, I will be sure to bring it to my gaming group and we will have a go. Thank you so much, still mystery Santa!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm not your secret Santa, but I do have to say I've heard lots of good about Everdell. Very neat!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dirona
Your Santa would like to know if you have a wishlist, or any interests that you would like to share?

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@GasBandit , I sense that not one, but two offerings are even now wending their way to your location.

Further charity will, of course, require negotiation.

@Dirona
Your Santa would like to know if you have a wishlist, or any interests that you would like to share?
As I recall, blasphemy has been favorably received in the past.

Dirona

Dirona

@Dirona
I do not have a wishlist, but blasphemy is indeed always appreciated. I've been getting into embroidery and cross stitch also, so kits (small ones) are a good choice too. As are any local delicacies that can be shipped to Canada.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dei the first of 3 things has arrived. The other two should get there tomorrow.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dei the first of 3 things has arrived. The other two should get there tomorrow.
Well, apparently driving 25 miles takes an unknowable number of days. Don't ask me.

1669703332183.png

The first two things should be there now, it's just this third one being a butt.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Celt Z
Gifts are supposed to arrive tomorrow by 10pm, but tracking is being problematic, so I'll let you know if things change.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dei
You should have all 3 items now.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Secret Santa arrived, and he did not disappoint! Thank you, @Tinwhistler for the great gifts!
20221201_130449.jpg
And I know exactly where to put them!

20221201_130553.jpg
Wondy will be keeping company with some of my other Wonder Woman ornaments! (Left and upper right)

20221201_132742.jpg
And Sailor Moon herself will go perfectly with the beautiful and thoughtful gifts from previous Secret Santas, @Dei and @LittleSin.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Secret Santa arrived, and he did not disappoint! Thank you, @Tinwhistler for the great gifts!
View attachment 43067
And I know exactly where to put them!

View attachment 43068
Wondy will be keeping company with some of my other Wonder Woman ornaments! (Left and upper right)

View attachment 43069
And Sailor Moon herself will go perfectly with the beautiful and thoughtful gifts from previous Secret Santas, @Dei and @LittleSin.
I'm glad you like them! I was ---><--- this close to sending you my latest crochet stuffie (stiffie? lol) but I second guessed myself because while I thought it was hilarious, I didn't want to send the wrong or an inappropriate message.

Edit: I really love how the figure and the cross stitch Sailor Moons are in the same basic pose, too!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Tress Your gifts are winding their way towards you and may arrive sometime around Monday, Dec 12th! Keep an eye out!

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Dave your secret santa has informed me your gift is enroute and should arrive 12/15.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Bubble181 Be prepared! Forecast for Saturday, Dec 10th in your area shows imminent precipitation of presents!

evilmike

evilmike

Thank you, Santa @Celt Z !
dookmas 2022 gift.png

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Tinwhistler

A little something is now winding its way to you across the wide waters of the world.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@bhamv3 - The reindeer have gone off course and have contacted their elves to help them get back on track. There will be a delay in delivery, and an elf (@GasBandit ) will be contacting you shortly.

Bubble181

Bubble181

bhamv3

bhamv3

@bhamv3 - The reindeer have gone off course and have contacted their elves to help them get back on track. There will be a delay in delivery, and an elf (@GasBandit ) will be contacting you shortly.
I called up the reindeer company and they dispatched a reindeer motivational expert.

hommer-arre.gif

They said the issue with reindeer getting distracted by shiny things and wandering off has been addressed, and deliveries should be proceeding normally after the weekend. Thanks!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

I called up the reindeer company and they dispatched a reindeer motivational expert.

They said the issue with reindeer getting distracted by shiny things and wandering off has been addressed, and deliveries should be proceeding normally after the weekend. Thanks!
According to local elves, the reindeer have successfully located you, and delivered the package.

bhamv3

bhamv3

According to local elves, the reindeer have successfully located you, and delivered the package.
Indeed they have! Ahead of schedule!

Let this be a lesson to you all, whipping works.

I received a delightful Halforums decorative ornament!

58122.jpg

Now, we don't actually have a Christmas tree, but have no worry, I found another good use for it:

58123.jpg

Unfortunately, there was no indication of who the sender was, so my secret Santa remains secret. So please, reveal yourself! I'd really like to know who to thank! :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

I got packages! First, there's this pixeltastic hawaiian shirt festooned with sprites from Galaga, Gorf, and more. Very nice.

1670613619891.png

Also I got this incredibly complex lego set which claims it takes at least 6 years to build, but I'm thinking with my ample brainpower, I should be able to handle it in 3 or less.

1670613703938.png

Thanks, Santa!

BErt

BErt

I got packages! First, there's this pixeltastic hawaiian shirt festooned with sprites from Galaga, Gorf, and more. Very nice.

View attachment 43152

Also I got this incredibly complex lego set which claims it takes at least 6 years to build, but I'm thinking with my ample brainpower, I should be able to handle it in 3 or less.

View attachment 43153

Thanks, Santa!
After you build the robit we get a video of it freestyle rapping right?

GasBandit

GasBandit

After you build the robit we get a video of it freestyle rapping right?
He will physically fight you.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Bubble181 There was some difficulty during delivery, but you should have received your present; or it may have been handed to neighbors in your absence.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No, I got it :D thanks! Was just waiting to have time to make a post with pictures.

Dirona

Dirona

Indeed they have! Ahead of schedule!

Let this be a lesson to you all, whipping works.

I received a delightful Halforums decorative ornament!

View attachment 43146

Now, we don't actually have a Christmas tree, but have no worry, I found another good use for it:

View attachment 43147

Unfortunately, there was no indication of who the sender was, so my secret Santa remains secret. So please, reveal yourself! I'd really like to know who to thank! :D
It was I!

I'm glad it arrived safely!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a reminder to please get your secret santa gifts in the mail by tomorrow, if you haven't already! Thanks.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Wahad Your gift is on its way. Because of the method if shipping, I was unfortunately unable to include a personalized note. The gift content is probably a pretty good give-away as to who sent it, though.
Delivery is usually 3-5 working days, but could be a bit slower during this season, so....End of this week, beginning of the next, I'd guess.

Wahad

Wahad

Roger roger! If you do have a more detailed date of when it may arrive, please do let me know, so I can stay home if I need to.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dirona
Two packages are winding their way to you! One should appear Dec.17th, and another should be there between Dec. 19th and Dec. 24th!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Roger roger! If you do have a more detailed date of when it may arrive, please do let me know, so I can stay home if I need to.
Those orangey little weasels over at PostNL have just informed me that your package should be delivered tomorrow between 11:00 and 13:30. Be sure to give the delivery-moose some nice green grass! He's earned it after that trek!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

@Tinwhistler

A little something is now winding its way to you across the wide waters of the world.
This sounds like it's coming over the ocean, so I expect it'll take time. But I've been checking diligently regardless, and just wanted to report no arrival as of yet.

Dave

Dave

I'm not certain if this was my Secret Santa gift or not. A package came in the mail and it wasn't marked. At all. No card, no return address. My wife said she didn't order it. So I'm posting the pictures. If this ISN'T from my Secret Santa, please let me know.

2022-12-13 16.57.40.jpg 2022-12-13 16.57.54.jpg

Bubble181

Bubble181

Not mine, but looking good!

PatrThom

PatrThom

A hooded sneetch!

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

I'm not certain if this was my Secret Santa gift or not. A package came in the mail and it wasn't marked. At all. No card, no return address. My wife said she didn't order it. So I'm posting the pictures. If this ISN'T from my Secret Santa, please let me know.

View attachment 43216 View attachment 43215
It is indeed your secret santa gift - glad it fits, I was a little worried after I ordered it and saw some people say it ran small. But it looks good on ya! :)

Merry Christmas Dave!!

Dave

Dave

It is indeed your secret santa gift - glad it fits, I was a little worried after I ordered it and saw some people say it ran small. But it looks good on ya! :)

Merry Christmas Dave!!
Yay! Thanks, man! It’s really soft and going to be my “sitting at the computer all bundled up” hoodie.

Merry Christmas back atcha!

Tress

Tress

Yesterday I got a package! (sorry it took a bit to post this)
98316F68-DA5E-4294-B923-BD820D67E40D.jpeg

Some delicious treats appeared!
  • Caramel corn, an always appreciated classic
  • Genuine South Carolina BBQ sauce (I’m excited to try it - I’ve always heard good things)
  • Cheese straws, weird yet tasty cheese crack/biscuit/cookie things.
  • And my personal fave, peanut brittle (I love all things peanuts)
See the stylish blue hat? That came with it too, but my daughter snatched it off the table and claimed it for herself.

Thank you @General Specific! This was awesome!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Those orangey little weasels over at PostNL have just informed me that your package should be delivered tomorrow between 11:00 and 13:30. Be sure to give the delivery-moose some nice green grass! He's earned it after that trek!
Apparently PostNL is as reliable in the Netherlands as UPS in the States, so New and Improved For Your Comfort delivery time is between 13:25 and 15:25. @Wahad

Wahad

Wahad

Yeah, that tracks. Thanks for the heads-up!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

It should now have been delivered.
Cheers!

Wahad

Wahad

A box!

...an open box!

There's beer in that there box...

A lot of beer in that there box!

Thanks @Bubble181 !

Bubble181

Bubble181

...How'd you guess? :-D

I was going to try and include some beers from other local breweries (this one is about 800m from my door), but getting a pack together myself proved much harder. Next year I'll choose a different brewery, we've got quite a few to go :-D

The whiskey infused one is one of my personal favorites, btw, though more suited for in-a-snow-storm-but-comfy-inside-by-the-fire than for on-a-sunny-deck-enjoying-the-heat

Wahad

Wahad

...How'd you guess? :-D
Well, the posting address is in Belgium, and you're the only Belgian participating, I'm pretty sure,

But I am well familiar with the Gouden Carolus, so these will find a good home!

General Specific

General Specific

Yesterday I got a package! (sorry it took a bit to post this)
View attachment 43222
Some delicious treats appeared!
  • Caramel corn, an always appreciated classic
  • Genuine South Carolina BBQ sauce (I’m excited to try it - I’ve always heard good things)
  • Cheese straws, weird yet tasty cheese crack/biscuit/cookie things.
  • And my personal fave, peanut brittle (I love all things peanuts)
See the stylish blue hat? That came with it too, but my daughter snatched it off the table and claimed it for herself.

Thank you @General Specific! This was awesome!
I'm so happy it all arrived intact! We sent some stuff to our favorite streaming group, LoadingReadyRun, once and it did not go well. Their hat was also much worse, so glad you liked it all! :D:D:D:heart::heart::heart:

BErt

BErt

Sorry Santa! I'm a little late posting this. I didn't open it until now because I thought it was a book that I bought for someone else's gift lol - tis the season :rolleyes:

40034D9A-9E15-4998-9315-D8445E35FCB0.jpeg
really happy to have this one again. I had lost my copy either in a move or to a borrower at some point and I never got to actually finish it!

Santa is still secret but the note indicates something else on the way? Regardless thank you so much I love it!!

Vrii

Vrii

really happy to have this one again. I had lost my copy either in a move or to a borrower at some point and I never got to actually finish it!
Oh my lord that book. If you ever want another take on a similar idea, trending a bit more towards a fairy tale than an English major's dream project, Piranesi by Susanna Clarke is excellent, too.

BErt

BErt

Oh my lord that book. If you ever want another take on a similar idea, trending a bit more towards a fairy tale than an English major's dream project, Piranesi by Susanna Clarke is excellent, too.
I'll check it out, thanks!

Dirona

Dirona

A suspicious box has arrived upon my doorstep!

It contains a suspicious bag! With a less suspicious tag!
20221216_181921.jpg

Inside the bag is another box. Oooh, embroidery starter kit!
20221216_182009.jpg

And in the box the juicy (actually quite dry) goodies. A fabulous kit, and one I look forward to trying! There are new stitches that I haven't done before, so that will be interesting.
20221216_182120.jpg

Thank you Santa! This will absolutely be used and enjoyed!

BErt

BErt

My second gift arrived! Peep the fancy bag by Amazon gift wrapping28304D33-18B4-4D95-A693-55E1C7DB7A1F.jpeg
Oh hell yes. The 3rd party Nemesis I had on my list - I'll post again once I get him set up but this is awesome. 99% of my transformer collection is still in a storage locker back up in Michigan so it will be nice having some representation down here lol

BErt

BErt

37CC62A6-D26B-476E-A524-A7B3B05CC43E.jpeg
my santa was @Dei !! Thank you so much, you knocked it out of the park! Merry Christmas!!73392755-7A95-4FBA-897F-22E9918F3CC0.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

...i don't know why that split into two messages

BErt

BErt

Don't talk to me or my son ever againBCC7943D-BB32-46BB-AC7D-CE190E05D819.jpeg

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I had to sign for a box from Taiwan, so I immediately know not only is it my Secret Santa gift, but who it's from :D

No picture of the box, because it mostly has PII and homey don't dox ;)

20221219_160550.jpg

Inside was some very soft yarn from Highland cows, and it appears, at first glance, to be worsted weight (though overseas yarns tend to go by different measurement units) and thus ideal for the kinds of stuff I've been crocheting lately. It seems like very nice yarn, so your guy at the yarn store did not steer you wrong (yes, there's a pun in there).

Also included are a handful of snacks. I love trying snacks from other countries! I've tried a lot of Japanese and Korean stuff, because H-Mart carries them, but I've never had snacks from Taiwan! Very little English is on the packaging, so I'm just gonna have to be brave and put it in my mouth, even though I'm not 100% sure what it's gonna be like. Just like in my college years ;)

Thanks @bhamv3 !

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I had to sign for a box from Taiwan, so I immediately know not only is it my Secret Santa gift, but who it's from :D

View attachment 43278

Inside was some very soft yarn from Highland cows, and it appears, at first glance, to be worsted weight (though overseas yarns tend to go by different measurement units) and thus ideal for the kinds of stuff I've been crocheting lately. It seems like very nice yarn, so your guy at the yarn store did not steer you wrong (yes, there's a pun in there).

Also included are a handful of snacks. I love trying snacks from other countries! I've tried a lot of Japanese and Korean stuff, because H-Mart carries them, but I've never had snacks from Taiwan! Very little English is on the packaging, so I'm just gonna have to be brave and put it in my mouth, even though I'm not 100% sure what it's gonna be like. Just like in my college years ;)

Thanks @bhamv3 !
Might want to give a translator program a shot to at least get an idea of what each item is. Not a replacement for bhamv3, but possibly faster than sending a message and waiting for him to get up in the morning.

bhamv3

bhamv3

View attachment 43278

Thanks @bhamv3 !
Glad it finally showed up, I was actually expecting it to arrive last week, but I suspect the brown stuff might've triggered some alerts at customs.

And I actually wanted to send some *really* classic Taiwanese snacks... but they would definitely get stopped at customs.

Anyway, if you want to know what the snacks are without having to put them in your mouth, spoilers ahoy:

The small yellow box is actually a snack that originated in Japan, Morinaga Milk Candy, but it's been available in Taiwan for literally decades. It's a common childhood memory for basically everyone under the age of 70. It comprises small rectangular caramel-like candies that are made with milk.

The purple box is a more modern childhood candy called I-Mei Gummy Choco Balls, the grape flavored ones (which I've sent) are the oldest version they produced. It's a grape flavored gummy ball that's covered in chocolate.

The brown stuff is savory shacha flavored bean curd. It's a snack I like to get from local convenience stores when I'm stressed and in the mood to balefully munch something.

And finally, the green bag is a bag of coconut flavored crispy snacks, the texture's like Cheetos. As I mentioned in the note, the name of the snack is a pun on "well behaved", so if you have anything you want to behave, such as electronics, feel free to place the packaging on that piece of electronics as a sort of good luck charm. Or you could write the thing you want to behave on the white space on the front.

evilmike

evilmike

@Celt Z ?

Celt Z

Celt Z

No, but I love the dried bean curd and get it often around here.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Glad it finally showed up, I was actually expecting it to arrive last week, but I suspect the brown stuff might've triggered some alerts at customs.

And I actually wanted to send some *really* classic Taiwanese snacks... but they would definitely get stopped at customs.

Anyway, if you want to know what the snacks are without having to put them in your mouth, spoilers ahoy:

The small yellow box is actually a snack that originated in Japan, Morinaga Milk Candy, but it's been available in Taiwan for literally decades. It's a common childhood memory for basically everyone under the age of 70. It comprises small rectangular caramel-like candies that are made with milk.

The purple box is a more modern childhood candy called I-Mei Gummy Choco Balls, the grape flavored ones (which I've sent) are the oldest version they produced. It's a grape flavored gummy ball that's covered in chocolate.

The brown stuff is savory shacha flavored bean curd. It's a snack I like to get from local convenience stores when I'm stressed and in the mood to balefully munch something.

And finally, the green bag is a bag of coconut flavored crispy snacks, the texture's like Cheetos. As I mentioned in the note, the name of the snack is a pun on "well behaved", so if you have anything you want to behave, such as electronics, feel free to place the packaging on that piece of electronics as a sort of good luck charm. Or you could write the thing you want to behave on the white space on the front.
They all sound amazing. The 'brown stuff' sounds much like the spicy/savory/sweet mexican candies you can get around these parts, though I'm sure the flavor profile is very different. I really like those snacks with complex flavors that mix savory or spicy notes along with the sweet.

Dirona

Dirona

Suspicious box? Suspicious box?!?!
20221230_144738.jpg

And inside, a fabulous and totally not blasphemous mug, which I very much look forward to using.
20221230_145029.jpg

Seriously, I love it, and it may be featured on a local clergy facebook group as favourite work-related present of the season.

Thank you Secret Santa, whoever you are!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So far, I've had everything but the bean curd, and it's been delicious! I can't really munch out too hard on anything sweet, so I've been spacing out my enjoyment. I'm looking forward to cracking open the last one this weekend. Thanks again!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, I lost track, but if anybody did not receive their Secret Santa gift, please PM me.

Dave

Dave

I know that @General Specific got theirs in time!

General Specific

General Specific

I know that @General Specific got theirs in time!
Were you my Super Secret Santa, Dave? There was no name on the note

Dave

Dave

Were you my Super Secret Santa, Dave? There was no name on the note
Yup! I sent your current game list(s) to some board game experts I know and told them to come up with some ideas. That’s the one they recommended.

Merry Christmas!

General Specific

General Specific

Yup! I sent your current game list(s) to some board game experts I know and told them to come up with some ideas. That’s the one they recommended.

Merry Christmas!
Thanks! I may have to take some time to convince my regular gaming group to try it, we have a huge backlog of new games we have yet to play since we took a couple years off from in-person gaming due to the obvious reasons.

Dave

Dave

Experts, man! EXPERTS!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I know I'm horrible about it, still haven't posted pictures yet. I was going to wait till I had filled the flower pots but that doesn't seem very likely to happen any time soon so. ''
IMG20221210143908.jpg
IMG20221210143915.jpg

I am sure this army of miniature owls will serve me well!

Wahad

Wahad

Glad you like 'em!

Dirona

Dirona

A suspicious box has arrived upon my doorstep!

It contains a suspicious bag! With a less suspicious tag!

Inside the bag is another box. Oooh, embroidery starter kit!

And in the box the juicy (actually quite dry) goodies. A fabulous kit, and one I look forward to trying! There are new stitches that I haven't done before, so that will be interesting.

Thank you Santa! This will absolutely be used and enjoyed!
I've been picking away at this for a few months, and just finished this morning! Now I just need to tidy up the frame and hang it up.

20230930_101622.jpg

This was a lot of fun! Thank you!