Export thread

Halforums Secret Santa 2023

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok, it's November. I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling here.

What is it?

It's a Secret Santa gift exchange between your fellow Halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread (or PM me the information) as to what sort of interests you have.

Who can sign up?

Those who joined the forum on or before January 1, 2023 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate.

To sign up, send me a PM. I will need:
  • your email address
  • shipping address
  • any gift rules/restrictions
  • whether or not you would be willing to ship internationally (including USA to Canada).
  • Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts).

The deadline for signing up will be Monday, November 20, 2023. The following day, you will be randomly assigned to a Secret Santa recipient and will be sent a PM with the information on your giftee. Final deadline for sending the gift is Monday, December 11, 2023.

Price range is whatever you are comfortable with giving. Feel free to spend as much as you want; just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food, please).

Try to send something you think the other person will like. As much as I can, I will be getting gift ideas/wish lists from the participants so you can send them something suitable.

Once you received your gift, post pictures. Share the joy. But if you don’t like your gift, don’t complain in the forums (especially if you didn’t supply any suggestions). Remember, it’s something somebody picked out for you in particular so don't be a butt about it.

Unless specified by the giftee, do not send NSFW. If I can restrain myself from sending normies something sticky and unsettling, so can you.

Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol. When in doubt, choose another gift.

Finally, ship well in advance. Be kind to yourself and the postal workers and ship your stuff by Dec 11th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.

If I missed anything or if you have questions, please let me know.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In:
GasBandit
Tinwhistler (Information updated)
Celt Z (Using last year's information)
Bubble181 (Using last year's information)
Tress (Using last year's information)
Dirona (Using last year's information)
Dave (Using last year's information)
General Specific (Information updated)
Bhamv3 (Using last year's information)
BErt (Using last year's information)
HCGLNS (Information updated)
Wahad (Information updated)
Dei (Using last year's information)
ThatNickGuy (Information updated)
evilmike (Information updated)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm in :D

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm in!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sure, sure.

Tress

Tress

Sign me up!

Dirona

Dirona

Hell yes!

Dave

Dave

Heck yeah I'm in.

General Specific

General Specific

Guess who's back? Back again?

No, not Shady, me... in the Secret Santa... oh nevermind.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'll join.

BErt

BErt

And my Axe or whatever

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm...tempted to join in, but I'm not very good at gift giving.

Far

Far

The Calvin and Hobbes collection you got me a bit back is one of the greatest gifts I've received as an adult.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The Calvin and Hobbes collection you got me a bit back is one of the greatest gifts I've received as an adult.
That was honestly mostly good timing. I managed to snag a HELL of a good deal on it at Chapters that brought the price close to the spending limit. I think it was a Black Friday sale.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally am absolutely fine with any gift I get, no matter what it is. I'm participating more for the sense of community and togetherness I get from you guys. Last year I got a HF themed Christmas tree ornament, and I was delighted with it even though I don't even have a Christmas tree.

So, basically, I'd say no pressure Nick. If you want to join in and I happen to get you as my Secret Santa, I'd be happy even if you send me a packet of toothpicks.

Far

Far

That was honestly mostly good timing. I managed to snag a HELL of a good deal on it at Chapters that brought the price close to the spending limit. I think it was a Black Friday sale.
I didn't mean because it cost what it did, though I was appreciative of that for sure, it was that you took the time to find something the was thoughtful and relevant to me and my interests.

BErt

BErt

If I happen to get you as my Secret Santa, I'd be happy even if you send me a packet of toothpicks.
*writes down gift idea for bhamv*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I shall join this year.

Wahad

Wahad

Hello yes I would like to join please.

Dei

Dei

I keep forgetting to post so I'm just going to do it while it's on my mind.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

All right, I'm in. :D

Celt Z

Celt Z

All right, I'm in. :D
(....I know, I KNOW we're not supposed to, but...)

...sounds like your prom night?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I wish I could, but financially it’s just not feasible this year. I’ve enjoyed this in the past, but we’re still not completely back on solid ground. It’s amazing how much money can be soaked up by medical bills. I’ll enjoy just seeing what everyone shares.

evilmike

evilmike

I'm in.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Today's the last day to sign up! Reminder to get me your updated info if needed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Everyone should have received their Secret Santa recipient via PM at this point. If you signed up and did NOT get one, let me know ASAP please.

If your recipient is international and you need financial assistance with shipping internationally, please send me a PM and I'll get you taken care of.

Happy hunting!

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@General Specific , you have been chosen.

Even now, a parcel is working its way to your abode. It contains at least one tome of forbidden knowledge, one artifact of puzzling construction, and a tchotchke of no discernible menace.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@BErt - what are you into these days?

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dei anything you're into these days? Besides being adopted by orange cats - apparently USPS won't allow me to send those.

BErt

BErt

@BErt - what are you into these days?
I enjoy Nintendo, Lego, Michigan Football, long walks on the beach, and peeing in the shower.

here's this if it helps: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/34KZ6W53RDQYM?ref_=wl_share

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@BErt - The elves at Amazon anticipate a Nov. 27 delivery.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@GasBandit
Your gift should be arriving Friday

GasBandit

GasBandit

A little elf tells me Celt Z's gifts should arrive Friday.

Dei

Dei

@Dei anything you're into these days? Besides being adopted by orange cats - apparently USPS won't allow me to send those.
Current obsessions:
D&D
Dimension 20
Baldur's Gate 3
Our Flag Means Death
Good Omens
Hadestown

GasBandit

GasBandit

Elves report surreptitiously that ThatNickGuy's gifts should arrive Mon, Nov 27th.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Current obsessions:
D&D
Dimension 20
Baldur's Gate 3
Our Flag Means Death
Good Omens
Hadestown
The Elves have forced the Dwarves down into their mines to find something worthy of you, and they have returned with....something. Not sure what it is, but I've been assured it's fit for humans. It's now being transported by Arctic parrots to your location, and should arrive somewhere between December 6th and 11th.
No way to attach a message, unfortunately, so i'm afraid you'll have to disclose all unexpected strange packages arriving at your doorway until then :devil:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know what to get my secret Santa and I don't know how to ask. I tried messaging the Secret Santa user, but I'm moron and thought that was someone else's alt.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Dei

Dei

I don't know what to get my secret Santa and I don't know how to ask. I tried messaging the Secret Santa user, but I'm moron and thought that was someone else's alt.

I have no idea what I'm doing.
When in doubt, ask Gas to be anonymous for you.

General Specific

General Specific

When in doubt, ask Gas to be anonymous for you.
this is the way.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Ah, my Secret Santa arrived. First, I would like to say...

FAAAAAACK YOU, I'm younger than you are! :rofl:
20231124_185157.jpg

Ass. :D

Speaking of ass, this one is much more appropriate, and had Mr. Z curious as well!
20231124_185207.jpg

And finally, this is as close to getting Chris Hemsworth in my bedroom as I'll ever get.
20231124_185340.jpg

Thank you, Gas. Remind me to murder you next time we game.

Bubble181

Bubble181

... Was that first one written by @Dave ?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm younger than you are!
Yeah, but after you referred to yourself as the "Old Lady" I harass in our last conversation, I couldn't help myself :p

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Heyyyyyyyy @Dirona. My elves tell me your order should arrive around December 13. The order might be split up into more than one box but you can expect four items in total.

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@General Specific , there has been an infernal delay. The new expected date of your reckoning is now November 28th.

General Specific

General Specific

That’s odd, because I got the mail today and a package with my forum name was there!

IMG_1161.jpeg
Must be Secret Santa!

What is in it?
IMG_1162.jpegIMG_1163.jpeg

Lots of goodies!
IMG_1164.jpegIMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1167.jpeg
(please excuse my messy, unmade bed)

The lego set was immediately claimed by my spouse and I look forward to some fun reads and hanging the Panthers Santa on my tree!

Thanks, @evilmike!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm informed by various North Pole connections that Bhamv3's gift should be arriving in multiple boxes spanning the Dec. 8 - 15th timeframe.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Elfcomm informs me that @Tinwhistler should expect 2 boxes: one on Dec. 2nd and then another Dec. 4-6th.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Elves delivering @Tress's gift are going to take around 2 weeks, but they're on the way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My Secret Santa knows just what it is I want -

1701029890953.png

Tito's and Waifus. Itsuki Nakano's got a place on my shelf any time.

Thanks, Tin :D

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Yo! @BErt looks like the Amazonian elves (which we'll leave to your imagination) were super effective and your parcel has been delivered.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What's this? A Sunday delivery from Amazon? I didn't even know they delivered on Sundays.

20231126_163249~2.jpg

COMICS!

Comics I've never even heard of before! My favorite kind of comics because I get to read something totally new within the medium.

Thanks, @General Specific! The box had three separate notes, as if they were meant to come in three different packages. But they all came in one, so I was a bit confused.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That one in the center definitely looks interesting.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My Secret Santa knows just what it is I want -

View attachment 46634

Tito's and Waifus. Itsuki Nakano's got a place on my shelf any time.

Thanks, Tin :D
You were probably one of the easiest Secret Santas I've ever had to shop for ;)

General Specific

General Specific

What's this? A Sunday delivery from Amazon? I didn't even know they delivered on Sundays.

View attachment 46636

COMICS!

Comics I've never even heard of before! My favorite kind of comics because I get to read something totally new within the medium.

Thanks, @General Specific! The box had three separate notes, as if they were meant to come in three different packages. But they all came in one, so I was a bit confused.
Hehe, I thought they would be separate boxes, yes. The comic in the middle is one of my favorite one shots from some years ago. The other two were highly rated from this past year, so I'm hoping they turn out good! :D

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Hehe, I thought they would be separate boxes, yes. The comic in the middle is one of my favorite one shots from some years ago. The other two were highly rated from this past year, so I'm hoping they turn out good! :D
I very much appreciate it. I'm always on the lookout for new, interesting comics. Especially ones not from DC or Marvel (though I make the odd exception there).

There's a local shop here that sells used graphic novels. I peruse it sometimes and see what jumps out. These are exactly the kinds of books that would jump out for me. So I can't wait to read them. :D If I remember, I'll post some brief reviews for them in one of the comics threads.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You were probably one of the easiest Secret Santas I've ever had to shop for ;)
I like what I like and I make no secret of it :D

BErt

BErt

Yo! @BErt looks like the Amazonian elves (which we'll leave to your imagination) were super effective and your parcel has been delivered.
indeed, I have been Christmas'd
IMG_3016.jpeg

Mario Ornaments! Can't wait to power up my tree!
IMG_3017.jpeg

Book! Cookbook! This one was on my list. I love his TikToks and am looking forward to trying some of these!
IMG_3018.jpeg

Second Book! Hyrule Historia!!!
IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

I actually do *not* already have this. I did, but when I lost my home I lost 99% of my books too so it's rad to have it again!

Thank you so much, unnamed Secret Santa!! I am blown away :sohappy:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Elves tell me @Dave should be getting his packages around Dec 5.

GasBandit

GasBandit

EuroElves will be visiting @Bubble181 with 2 packages around Dec 4.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Dirona, your elves should slob their way up to the door tomorrow at some point.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@HCGLNS Your yule tide crap should be deposited in the next day or two.

Bubble181

Bubble181

A wild package appears!
IMG_20231204_140131.jpg
IMG20231204134326.jpg

Well, that's not saying much, is it?

IMG20231204134433.jpg

Ooohhh, now this looks like something special.
A.... Canadian wine? And one made by my brethren up north? Who'd have thought?!

There's a whole booklet with tasting notes, description of the vineyard, etc included as well. Very fancy.
The text only includes the senders real name, so, thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't know which Forum handle matches :oops:

This one will definitely be kept for a special occasion!
Post automatically merged:

IMG20231204134435.jpg

Dirona

Dirona

A wild package appears! View attachment 46708View attachment 46707

Well, that's not saying much, is it?

View attachment 46709

Ooohhh, now this looks like something special.
A.... Canadian wine? And one made by my brethren up north? Who'd have thought?!

There's a whole booklet with tasting notes, description of the vineyard, etc included as well. Very fancy.
The text only includes the senders real name, so, thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't know which Forum handle matches :oops:

This one will definitely be kept for a special occasion!
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 46710
Oh, a BC wine! I don't know the winery, but Okanagan wines are well regarded.

I'm not the Santa, but it seems they have good taste!

Bubble181

Bubble181

EuroElves are very badly organized. It turns out they forgot a bit!
A second random box showed up!
IMG_20231205_200054.jpg

It's a cardboard box!

IMG20231205194601.jpg

It's a cardboard box with... Cardboard inside?

IMG20231205194614.jpg

And below that it's... Some more cardboard?

IMG20231205194624.jpg

Next is a whole layer of... Cardboard !

IMG20231205194700.jpg

Underneath is even more cardboard! Does Santa think I really love cardboard? Or hate trees? :confused:

IMG_20231205_200208.jpg

Hold on, there was a cardboard box hidden between all the cardboard! What's this?

IMG20231205194920.jpg

It's a box full of extra colorful cardboard! Whoop!

IMG20231205194735.jpg

More seriously, it's an awesome new boardgame!
IMG20231205194744.jpg

Amazing! Thanks Santa! Really looking forward to trying this one out, it looks really beautiful! :heart:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Elfcomm informs me that @Tinwhistler should expect 2 boxes: one on Dec. 2nd and then another Dec. 4-6th.
Just FYI for my Secret Santa: I have received no boxes as of yet. (edit: I didn't want anyone to think I might be sitting on some presents and not posting them)

Dave

Dave

Since I'm on nights Santa left my gift during the day.

2023-12-05 17.03.07.jpg

I wonder if I got cardboard, too!
2023-12-05 17.03.25.jpg

Damn. No cardboard but lots of big bubble wrap!

2023-12-05 17.03.58.jpg

Sweet! It's a book about the art & making of The Expanse TV show! Love that scientifically accurate show! This is going to be a fun one to read! Sorry I made it so hard on you, Santa. I know I'm difficult to buy for.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just FYI for my Secret Santa: I have received no boxes as of yet. (edit: I didn't want anyone to think I might be sitting on some presents and not posting them)
Amazon says they got there December 1st. You might need to check around if you've got nearby neighbors.

Bubble181

Bubble181

View attachment 46745

View attachment 46744

View attachment 46746

Sweet! It's a book about the art & making of The Expanse TV show! Love that scientifically accurate show! This is going to be a fun one to read! Sorry I made it so hard on you, Santa. I know I'm difficult to buy for.
Wait, if you got Bubble wrap, does that mean the next recipient is getting Dave Droppings or something?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Amazon says they got there December 1st. You might need to check around if you've got nearby neighbors.
I'm on a corner lot, but I do know my next door neighbors. No dice. I get deliveries every couple of days, so the USPS driver in particular knows my address pretty well. That said, the 1st was a Friday. I *have* had stuff marked as delivered that showed up 1-2 days later, so I'll keep a lookout for it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

For some values of Amazon, "delivered" actually means "we gave it to your local post office on this day," so that last USPS leg might finish at its customary speed and schedule for your area.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm working with GB now..it appears there may have been a glitch in the wishlist address system.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Doubly annoyed, because people definitely sent me stuff from my wishlist last year.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm on chat with Amazon now. Unfortunately, I may have to get my Santa involved.. :'(
1701820106286.png

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I got on the phone with a non-overseas call center level 2 guy..he found the order, so you don't have to spoil the surprise. We're working through it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

After verifying my address, they're sending out replacements, supposed to be arriving thursday.

So, by way of explanation, something WEIRD happened with my wishlist address, and it had no street address or other information associated with it.
1701821686221.png

So that weird address was selected as my "Default" wishlist address. I don't know how anything shipped to it. Every other address on the list (all redacted, because I ship to a few people), including my correct one, had all the proper info. I clicked on my actual address and hit save and the weird one disappeared, so luckily I screen shotted it.
The agent couldn't see any street address or anything either, so they just queued up a replacement shipment. Unfortunately, they tagged it to my account, and the surprise has been spoiled :'(
But I'll still post all the happy pictures when the stuff arrives.

Wahad

Wahad

View attachment 46745

View attachment 46744

View attachment 46746

I had to do a lot of forums archive digging, lol. Glad you like it!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Am I too late to buy someone a giant dildo?

Dave

Dave

Am I too late to buy someone a giant dildo?
Treat yourself.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Gasp!

Packages! For me! From Amazon!

73890.jpg

There was a "mountains of Colorado" calendar, a guide book to Colorado, and some colorful Colorado socks!

73891.jpg

There was also a nice tumbler!

73892.jpg

And there were toothpicks! Nicely wrapped in a pretty canvas bag!

73893.jpg

So many toothpicks! Like, literally around 3,000 toothpicks!

73894.jpg

Thank you so much, @Dei! I thought I'd end up getting toothpicks, and I'm chortling at being right!

(Although my wife is very slightly annoyed that we got 3,000 toothpicks because actually neither of us use toothpicks. She was all like, "Why couldn't you have said that you wanted post-it notes? At least I can use post-it notes!" I told her it's the thought, the hilarious thought, that counts.)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

for the last several months, the post office has been delivering after 5:00pm. Today, my doorbell camera chimed at 9am letting me know someone was on my porch. Replacement Secret Santa gifts have arrived!
20231207_091912.jpg

Irish crochet! I put stuff on my wish list because, you know, I want it...most of my family never shops there because they say it's boring. And then they complain that I'm hard to shop for. My Halforum buddies know how to get me what I really want ;)

Modern sensibilities in publishing have big fonts, lots of large pictures. Judicious use of white space. This makes books easy to read, light and breezy, and more importantly (to publishers lol), bumps up the page count.

This book was first published in 1909. It has a different vibe.
20231207_091934.jpg

This book is dense. Small fonts. Multiple projects per page. Very low page count compared to how it'd be put together today. I love it! I don't want to have to flip through 7 or 8 pages just to get through one technique.

But that's not all!
20231207_091943.jpg

Now, you may be thinking "how hard is it to cook shepherd's pie and boiled cabbage with sausages?" It's tempting to think of Irish pub food in terms of the kind of stereotypical Irish fare you might get at St. Paddy's in a bar here in the states. But if you've ever been to Ireland, you'll know that even the smallest towns serve amazing dishes in their pubs. And this book captures that. So looking forward to diving in and giving them a whirl!
20231207_091951.jpg

Oh look! When they queued up replacements, they even got the gift options right!
20231207_092012.jpg

Thanks @Celt Z!

(and if I'm reading my Amazon orders page correctly, I do believe one more box is coming....)

PatrThom

PatrThom

She was all like, "Why couldn't you have said that you wanted post-it notes? At least I can use post-it notes!"
Explain to your wife that, with sufficient added force, a toothpick can turn any "ordinary" note into a Post-It note.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

(Although my wife is very slightly annoyed that we got 3,000 toothpicks because actually neither of us use toothpicks. She was all like, "Why couldn't you have said that you wanted post-it notes? At least I can use post-it notes!" I told her it's the thought, the hilarious thought, that counts.)
Sounds like someone needs to take up a new hobby...
1701964448792.jpeg

or....take up drinking martinis...lots of martinis
1701964565975.jpeg

Celt Z

Celt Z

for the last several months, the post office has been delivering after 5:00pm. Today, my doorbell camera chimed at 9am letting me know someone was on my porch. Replacement Secret Santa gifts have arrived!
View attachment 46763
Irish crochet! I put stuff on my wish list because, you know, I want it...most of my family never shops there because they say it's boring. And then they complain that I'm hard to shop for. My Halforum buddies know how to get me what I really want ;)

Modern sensibilities in publishing have big fonts, lots of large pictures. Judicious use of white space. This makes books easy to read, light and breezy, and more importantly (to publishers lol), bumps up the page count.

This book was first published in 1909. It has a different vibe.
View attachment 46764
This book is dense. Small fonts. Multiple projects per page. Very low page count compared to how it'd be put together today. I love it! I don't want to have to flip through 7 or 8 pages just to get through one technique.

But that's not all!
View attachment 46765
Now, you may be thinking "how hard is it to cook shepherd's pie and boiled cabbage with sausages?" It's tempting to think of Irish pub food in terms of the kind of stereotypical Irish fare you might get at St. Paddy's in a bar here in the states. But if you've ever been to Ireland, you'll know that even the smallest towns serve amazing dishes in their pubs. And this book captures that. So looking forward to diving in and giving them a whirl!
View attachment 46766

Oh look! When they queued up replacements, they even got the gift options right!
View attachment 46767

Thanks @Celt Z!

(and if I'm reading my Amazon orders page correctly, I do believe one more box is coming....)
You know, I was getting worried there! But I'm glad they not only replaced everything, but remembered to print the note as well. And yes, one more to come!

Dirona

Dirona

A suspicious box has arrived! It may be a mimic...
ItsABox.jpg

It contains multitudes.
Boooooks.jpg

Multitudes of BOOKS!

Books books books books books. I do love me some books!

Specifically, I've been wanting to try out this trilogy! So I'm super pumped for this. AND! I can't find my old copy of 'Year of Living Biblically' (must have loaned it out), so I'm grateful for a replacement. I need to re-read it.

And my santa is still secret! So thank you most secretive of Santas! I'm really looking forward to curling up on the couch with all of these!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

A suspicious box has arrived! It may be a mimic...
View attachment 46771

It contains multitudes.
View attachment 46772
Multitudes of BOOKS!

Books books books books books. I do love me some books!

Specifically, I've been wanting to try out this trilogy! So I'm super pumped for this. AND! I can't find my old copy of 'Year of Living Biblically' (must have loaned it out), so I'm grateful for a replacement. I need to re-read it.

And my santa is still secret! So thank you most secretive of Santas! I'm really looking forward to curling up on the couch with all of these!
That was me! I don't think Chapters gave me an option to leave a note with the order, so sorry for the mystery.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the Liveship Traders trilogy. It's my all-time favorite fantasy series and I jumped on it when I saw it on your list.

I wasn't sure if you'd read The Year of Living Biblically but I'm glad to provide a new copy of it. It's one of my all-time favorite books. :D

Dei

Dei

So I haven't gotten anything yet, and USPS has definitely managed to lose a package after it went out for delivery 5 days ago, and I'm unsure if that's the package I was expecting.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Last box showed up today. This is a coloring book that only uses water. We had these when I was a kid, but the page was filled with watercolor dots, so it was obvious what color was gonna show up. But this one, they hide the watercolors in/along the black dots and borders, so you don't know what you're gonna get until you run your wet brush across it. I thought it was neat and nostalgic when I put it on my wishlist. The positive affirmations are an added bonus.

Thanks again, @Celt Z!

20231208_162804.jpg

20231208_162904.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

So I haven't gotten anything yet, and USPS has definitely managed to lose a package after it went out for delivery 5 days ago, and I'm unsure if that's the package I was expecting.
Current estimate is to arrive Monday.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

After a hefty queue at the post office, a parcel has been capture!

20231209_124031.jpg

Appears to be from the country of Taiwan. Hmmm, who could it be from?

20231209_124156.jpg

Ooh! Snacks!

20231209_124031.jpg
20231209_124156.jpg
20231209_124302.jpg
20231209_124226.jpg
20231209_124214.jpg
20231209_124247.jpg

Whar are these, mints?

20231209_124337.jpg

No not mints, wax! And a kit!

20231209_124401.jpg

Neat! I like these things and have some Scout seals .

Oooh! Stickers

20231209_124313.jpg

Some one is excited about the box!

20231209_124541.jpg

Thank you @bhamv3 !!!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Canada Post brought him chips and sealing wax
And other fancy stuff.

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

Looks familiar
IMG_3253.jpeg

bhamv3

bhamv3

After a hefty queue at the post office, a parcel has been capture!

View attachment 46788

Appears to be from the country of Taiwan. Hmmm, who could it be from?

View attachment 46789

Ooh! Snacks!

View attachment 46788View attachment 46789View attachment 46790View attachment 46791View attachment 46792View attachment 46793

Whar are these, mints?

View attachment 46794

No not mints, wax! And a kit!

View attachment 46795

Neat! I like these things and have some Scout seals .

Oooh! Stickers

View attachment 46796

Some one is excited about the box!

View attachment 46797

Thank you @bhamv3 !!!
Glad it arrived! :D

I mentioned this to Tin last year, but in case you don't know, the snack with the green packaging and the buck-toothed guy on it is also meant to serve as a good luck charm. The name of the snack is a pun in Chinese, and can also mean "well behaved". Thus, you can put it on something that you want to behave well, such as malfunctioning electronics. If you've got a printer on the fritz, put that packet of snacks on it for a while and see if that fixes it. There's also a space on the front, where you can write down stuff that you want to behave well, such as "the cat".

Tress

Tress

It’s been a hectic few days, so I couldn’t post this earlier.
IMG_6633.jpeg

At first it looks like a simple stuffed frog, but it’s much more! The sender donated to the local zoo in my name.

Thank you to my unnamed Secret Santa, who just happened to donate to the Omaha Zoo. Gee, who on here is from Nebraska?

Dave

Dave

You know, I really stressed as to whether or not this was a good gift or lame. I had several people tell me it was great but I still doubted.

What you are leaving out, though, is that there is an endangered species of toad that the zoo is trying to bring back. One of them now is named “Tress” and will be released back into the wild.

Dave

Dave

Oh, and @Sara_2814 is also from here so it could have been literally anyone!

Tress

Tress

What you are leaving out, though, is that there is an endangered species of toad that the zoo is trying to bring back. One of them now is named “Tress” and will be released back into the wild.
What?! I didn’t know that! That’s even better!

Dave

Dave

What?! I didn’t know that! That’s even better!
I thought that information would be included. Sorry, man.

Tress

Tress

I thought that information would be included. Sorry, man.
No apologies needed. But no, the card just said that someone had made a donation in my name. I like it even more now! Thank you!

evilmike

evilmike

Thank you, Secret Santa! I got my gifts and will post pictures when I get the chance.

Wahad

Wahad

A box! It took some tries on Fedex' end, but they finally managed to figure out they need to actually ring my house number at the gate in order to get onto my parking lot.

Merry christmas, Secret Santa @Tress!

"But Wahad", you might say, "how do you know it's Tress? There's no name on the card!" Well, my inquisitive friend, first let's see what Santa delivered!

A hat, some cool glasses, and a book! Now, I happen to know that the package came from a certain place in California, and back in ye olde 2019, Tress sent me a shirt and some delicious honey from that same place in California! So, you see, 'twas an elementary deduction. Thanks again for this year's package!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Glad it arrived! :D

I mentioned this to Tin last year, but in case you don't know, the snack with the green packaging and the buck-toothed guy on it is also meant to serve as a good luck charm. The name of the snack is a pun in Chinese, and can also mean "well behaved". Thus, you can put it on something that you want to behave well, such as malfunctioning electronics. If you've got a printer on the fritz, put that packet of snacks on it for a while and see if that fixes it. There's also a space on the front, where you can write down stuff that you want to behave well, such as "the cat".
Let's see if it works!

20231210_194927.jpg

Oh my god! Taiwan magic is crazy!!!!!

20231225_132513.jpg