Export thread

Happiness is...

strawman

strawman

...having an exacto knife handy when your scissors are missing, and there's an important bag of cookies that need opening.

Thread rules:

• Finish the sentence "Happiness is..." one or more times in your post.
  • Don't post sarcastic, offensive, non-constructive, belittling, disrespectful, creepy, or otherwise negative endings. If you can't think of something nice, don't post anything.
  • Don't respond positively or negatively (ie, don't respond at all) to anyone else's 'happiness is' post, don't post anything other than "happiness is..." endings. Send a PM to individuals if you can't resist commenting on their 'happiness is' post, but don't add it to this thread.
I know everyone loves feedback on their posts, and everyone loves to give feedback on very cool posts, but this time let's try having a thread without that aspect of the forum.

-Adam

makare

happiness is being done with my hours and hours and hours of homework and getting to go home for the weekend... *sniff*

Chippy

Chippy

...being loved by everyone on the forum. EVERYONE.

ThatNickGuy

...climbing into bed and a happy cat hopping up to join you, who then lays down and starts purring his little heart out.

Krisken

Krisken

A walk through the Kettle Moraine on a warm, sunny, September day, watching the red and yellow leaves fall around you as you walk with the love of your life by your side.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

...talking to a girl who not only finds you sweet and shares your love of films, but definitely wants to have another date with you.

Hylian

Hylian

Happiness is opening a new video game and smelling that new video game smell.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Happiness is a freshly baked oatmeal cookie and a glass of milk!

Happiness is doing something nice for a complete stranger and getting a smile in return.

Happiness is being loved, period.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

a warm gun

wana10

i responded to someone elses post and someone else told me i was an idiot. and so i repent! repent i say!

Cajungal

Cajungal

...looking out onto the calm gulf, hearing the sound of water and gulls, and resting my head on a familiar shoulder. :)

...lemonade and a good book.

...playing a song in public and watching people dance.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Happiness is getting some overtime during the week
Happiness is no missed calls or voicemails at the end of the day
Happiness is getting two cheese-steaks for 46 cents

makare

happiness is a medicated kitty

Cajungal

Cajungal

...my niece running up to me with a huge smile, shouting my name over and over and jumping into my arms for a big hug.

strawman

strawman

...procrastinating a bit of work and discovering that it didn't need to be done anyway.

-Adam

Chippy

Chippy

...Mabel.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The neighbor dog when he sees me bringing his sister back after she's escaped their yard AGAIN.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Happiness is ECG interpretation.

Denbrought

Denbrought

... finally finding another human being I can relate to, being corresponded to and having a warm blanket.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

...is relative, and something you choose.

These make me happy:

...is making people laugh.

...is helping someone, even if they don't deserve it.

...is dancing with my gf.

...is smelling clean, fresh air, and the sounds of a river.

...is the freedom to choose right or wrong.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Happiness is finding a girl who shares your lactose intolerance problem and can laugh when both of you fart like obese walruses.

Math242

Math242

is a lie?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

... the feeling of a loved one's warm body curled up against you at night.

... a moment of rest on a busy day.

... falling asleep without regrets.

... taking pleasure from the little things in life.

... making a baby laugh.

... making a loved one laugh.

... making just about anyone laugh.

... sharing an experience with friends.

... doing something you've been afraid of doing, and finding out it's actually pretty fun.

... the ache and being tired after a good workout.

... small things. But they still make a difference.

SeraRelm

"...The open steppe, fleet horses, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair."

"Wrong! Shego, what is happiness?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Also, whatever there is, small or large that either turns a bad day around, or helps you keep on going when it's tough.

Wahad

Wahad

...being six years old.

Chazwozel

....is seeing this thread went south third post in.

Bubble181

Bubble181

...is hanging out with friends, and finding out they do, actually, like you for who you are.

redapples

... being reminded of Megaton Man by DarkAudit's avitar.

I'm easily pleased.

Laurelai

... coming home from work and having my 9 month old crawl toward me as fast as her little knees will carry her so she can be picked up and snuzzled by mommy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

...realizing how many things in this thread you've recently had happen to you.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

...sleeping next to the guy in a totally contorted and not comfortable manner... and being the comfiest you have ever been!

Bones

Bones

Happiness is waking up again to find the sunny shining and a new day awaiting

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

A nice big hamburger, medium-rare, with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and lots and lots of fries.

I'm thinking of a particular restaurant (chain) where I love to go sometimes and stuff myself up with deliciousness.

Math242

Math242

is knowing that unlike in the UK, DA:O benelux release date is still on the 6th at 0:00.

SeraRelm

Playing DAO on your day off with the pre-order downloads on a wide screen HDTV and surround sound, knowing no neighbors are around to hear how loud you have it.

Espy

Espy

finally having a free hour or three to start playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'M BATMAN!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gusto

Gusto

Fun Size

Fun Size

...that someone started the "what's the happiest thing" thread when my "what's the saddest thing" thread went horribly, horrible wrong.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Happiness is equal rights.

redapples

Happiness is equal rights.
How's that one working out?
:Cry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

...is reading the OP.

...is finding some mint oreos leftover from an event at the dorm where I work. :D

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Qonas

Guinness on tap.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Smithwick's in a pint.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

...Easy Mac in a bowl.

Cajungal

Cajungal

enjoying some delightful rum and lime juice and conversatino with a buncha weirdos, and also Ame.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

having the boyfriend sniff you and telling you that your smell makes him happy because it reminds him of the time when we were long distance and the smell meant everything was alright.

RUNON SENTENCE CRITS YOU FOR 990000

SeraRelm

...fleeting, so live it, enjoy it and remember it while it lasts.

Piotyr

Piotyr

...getting a cup of orange juice from my 2yo son, even though most of the OJ ended up on the kitchen floor, just because he knew daddy was sick today.

strawman

strawman

...not accidentally putting a nail through your foot with a nailgun.

Calleja

Calleja

a warm gun

Thank you, that took less posts than I thought it would have. You get a gold star on my list. No, no, no need to thank me, you deserve it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

... sprinkled like breadcrumbs out there in the world.
(according to an old Finnish saying: Onni on murusina maailmalla.)

Lally

... a few fleeting moments in the state between sleep and waking, snuggled up warm in your covers, when you don't have to wake up quite yet.

Bonus points if there's a kitty sleeping on you.

Qonas

...College Gameday Live at 10am in the morning.

Cajungal

Cajungal

going for a walk after a hot cup of coffee, talking with someone special about Ninja Turtles, Gauntlet, and where we're going for Christmas vacation.

Fun Size

Fun Size

...discussing checkers strategy with your daughter over muffins and pumpkin spice latte because you had to leave really early for school.

TotalFusionOne

... knowing that you're here for a reason and the ones that love you will join you soon

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

..getting to go home earlier than expected and doing chores early!