Hari Kari chicken wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Chaz

Bubble181 said:
No funny comment to that one, sorry.
Bah, but now you make it seem like I'm just being mean about her :( Which is just silly, cos she's awesome :p She just can't handle my heat.

Nah, it's my fault, once again facign sleep dep. Better mood than last time, but it does sap the creative juices somewhat.
And I can uinderstand her, really. How could she ever have gotten used to that much heat from anyone else? You're just abnormally hot, clearly.

Chazwozel said:
Anyone else ever been let down this way?
I'm usually disappointed when I order anything hot. Buffalo Wild Wings "Blazin" is fairly hot and still has flavor. Probably the hottest I ever had was a place in Atlanta I don't remember the name of. I possibly would have even wussed out of finishing them, but I was splitting them with a buddy and neither of us wanted to back down (despite sweat gushing out of our faces and having angry red spots anywhere the sauce touched skin). I'm sure the next morning was unpleasant. :moon: :Leyla:

Chazwozel said:
Oh, I also had the beer to end all beers tonight. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. That shit is like Dom Pérignon of beer.
That is indeed the stuff. Kicks the shit out of Guinness any day. Their Winter Welcome is also very tasty.

I find that unless I'm eating Indian food, ordering anything as hot is almost universally disappointing. The Chana Pindi ordered hot, however, fills me with both great satisfaction and regret, leaving me in tears.

Like your mom.

I love when we get out of state people to come out with my circle of friends, and we go to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Had one person from NY try the Guacamole, and she went into... "O moy Gawt that is sooo howt!!!"

The hottest thing that I've had is Dave's Insanity Sauce. A friend made some chili (it was pretty hot.) And he had that bottle of Sauce near by. My friend John added one shot to his chili and I added 2 to mine. I had to grab an extra beer and eat half a bowl of rice to calm my mouth down. John was hurting for the rest of the football game. Even after having beer, milk, rice and white bread.

I cried for ice cream at the next mornings constitutional.

It has been rated at 180,000 Scoville units, compared with 2,500-5,000 for Tabasco sauce

sixpackshaker said:
I love when we get out of state people to come out with my circle of friends, and we go to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Had one person from NY try the Guacamole, and she went into... "O moy Gawt that is sooo howt!!!"

The hottest thing that I've had is Dave's Insanity Sauce. A friend made some chili (it was pretty hot.) And he had that bottle of Sauce near by. My friend John added one shot to his chili and I added 2 to mine. I had to grab an extra beer and eat half a bowl of rice to calm my mouth down. John was hurting for the rest of the football game. Even after having beer, milk, rice and white bread.

It has been rated at 180,000 Scoville units, compared with 2,500-5,000 for Tabasco sauce
One of the best burgers I ever had was covered in Dave's before being thrown on the grill.

C

Chibibar

Tinwhistler said:
ordered a "tiger cry" salad from a Thai place once. They asked me if I wanted "thai hot or american hot" I said "hotter than Thai" they made a big deal about how hot the dish was. I was like "pshaw, whatever".

I had to ask for more peppers 3 times before it was as hot as I wanted it. They finally brought me some dried scotch bonnets. I dug in, sprinkled liberally and was in heaven.

They had the last laugh, though, as halfway through dinner, i rubbed my eye...
hehe... There is a local Thai food place. The lady is from another district that I don't remember the name. She is the cook for this family place and can make it pretty spicy. I can only handle level 3 spice (upto 10) A friend of mine went to 5 and cried a little (cause it was good and spicy and TASTY)

A few was brave enough to go to 10 (there is a wall for photos.... not many there heheh) That place is going to close down soon cause not enough business :(

Most of the time I order spicy food it end up being hot enough, but at the cost of the actual taste. So I stopped ordering the hottest menu's. Homemade spicy meals just end up better.

Chibibar said:
Tinwhistler said:
ordered a "tiger cry" salad from a Thai place once. They asked me if I wanted "thai hot or american hot" I said "hotter than Thai" they made a big deal about how hot the dish was. I was like "pshaw, whatever".

I had to ask for more peppers 3 times before it was as hot as I wanted it. They finally brought me some dried scotch bonnets. I dug in, sprinkled liberally and was in heaven.

They had the last laugh, though, as halfway through dinner, i rubbed my eye...
hehe... There is a local Thai food place. The lady is from another district that I don't remember the name. She is the cook for this family place and can make it pretty spicy. I can only handle level 3 spice (upto 10) A friend of mine went to 5 and cried a little (cause it was good and spicy and TASTY)

A few was brave enough to go to 10 (there is a wall for photos.... not many there heheh) That place is going to close down soon cause not enough business :(
This place isn't 'hopping', but does enough business to keep the family fed, I guess.

The next time I came in, the owner lady laughed and said, in broken english, she remembered me because my eye swelled shut the last time I was in. She cracked up and asked me how hot I wanted it this time around. I asked her for those peppers again..and a spoon. :rofl:

C

Chazwozel

sixpackshaker said:

Pansy. My "Da Bomb" sauce is 1.5 million Scovilles

Chazwozel said:
sixpackshaker said:
I love when we get out of state people to come out with my circle of friends, and we go to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Had one person from NY try the Guacamole, and she went into... \"O moy Gawt that is sooo howt!!!\"

Pansy, back atcha.

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/dabomhothots.html

Da' Bomb - Hottest Hot Sauce # 3.Pure habanero pepper enhanced with habanero infused flavor create a sauce measured at 119, 700 Scovillle units.
nope, I was wrong, they do make some over 1 million Scoville.

C

Chazwozel

sixpackshaker said:
Chazwozel said:
sixpackshaker said:
I love when we get out of state people to come out with my circle of friends, and we go to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Had one person from NY try the Guacamole, and she went into... \"O moy Gawt that is sooo howt!!!\"

Pansy, back atcha.

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/dabomhothots.html

[quote:1d55w8gi]Da' Bomb - Hottest Hot Sauce # 3.Pure habanero pepper enhanced with habanero infused flavor create a sauce measured at 119, 700 Scovillle units.
[/quote:1d55w8gi]

Yeah... I have "Final Answer" not "Beyond Insanity".

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hsw1400fa.html

J

Joe Johnson

I don't "get" hot/spicy food. I try it, the first bite is good - it may make me tear up or what-not. Second bite, I no longer taste anything. - but it gets hotter.

Is it purely the "burn" that people like?

C

Chibibar

Joe Johnson said:
I don't "get" hot/spicy food. I try it, the first bite is good - it may make me tear up or what-not. Second bite, I no longer taste anything. - but it gets hotter.

Actually there are two kind (that I see it)

Pure hot food - these are HORRIBLE i.e. they just burn but has no taste.

Hot Spicy food - these DO burn BUT you can still taste the flavor and such. This is harder to find. I had my share of spicy hot food and well..... some places just don't know how to make it well (neither do I BUT my father can cook so I get my fix from him) The Thai place I posted earlier can do it also, but it is not cheap and does remind me of home (my father doesn't cook Thai food sadly)

Joe Johnson said:

It's the endorphin rush from the fight/flight response, but in a safe manner. Your sense of taste is telling you this food is dangerous, but you know it isn't (barring allergic reactions). Similar to roller coasters, your senses (equilibrium and eyes) are telling you that you are in danger (wild, unpredictable motion), but you know you are safe (barring mechanical failure).

When you've developed somewhat of a tolerance to hot foods, you can get the endorphine rush, but still taste the food underneath.

I can taste the difference between habaneros and jalapenos, regardless of heat...you can prepare habaneros in such a way as to be far less hot than jalapenos. Each has it's own flavor. I wouldn't ever use jalapenos in habanero-mango salsa for instance.

-- Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm --

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QVQLbwtHA:146v3zjz][/youtube:146v3zjz]

C

Chazwozel

Tinwhistler said:
When you've developed somewhat of a tolerance to hot foods, you can get the endorphine rush, but still taste the food underneath.

I can taste the difference between habaneros and jalapenos, regardless of heat...you can prepare habaneros in such a way as to be far less hot than jalapenos. Each has it's own flavor. I wouldn't ever use jalapenos in habanero-mango salsa for instance.

-- Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm --

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QVQLbwtHA:1e5f1z71][/youtube:1e5f1z71]

That is so fucking sexy.

-- Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm --

Joe Johnson said:

You get a rush from it. Nothing tells you you're alive quite like trying to eat solid fire.

Chazwozel said:
That is so fucking sexy.
That blonde girl Tiffany started off really strong, and ate two wham bam, back to back. Then spent 10 minutes pissing and moaning about how much it sucked.
lol

C

Chazwozel

Tinwhistler said:
Chazwozel said:
That is so fucking sexy.
That blonde girl Tiffany started off really strong, and ate two wham bam, back to back. Then spent 10 minutes pissing and moaning about how much it sucked.
lol

I remember buying a dozen Habenaros for my chili once, and my father-in-law mistook them for small tomatoes. He popped one in. Hilarity ensued.

L

lafftaff

CynicismKills said:
AngelofBitterness said:
Heh, as a kid my father always went "and Tabasco is VERY VERY hot! Just two drops in the bolognese sauce will make it spicy!". So when I grew up, I never ate much hot food until I was a student and got to make my own dinner. I started making my food more and more spicy. Now I empty at least 3 table spoons of tabasco in a pot of bolognese sauce and I still don't find it very hot.

I heard that Wasabi is very hot though?
My brother told a friend it was Guacamole once.

"Oh dude I love Guacamole!"

*eats the whole pat*

He threw up about 10 agonizing minutes later.
I've done the same thing. It was my first time trying sushi and while I thought it was odd they would pair guacamole with it I didn't question it. Things did not end well.

I'm a complete wimp when it comes to spicy food. I grew up having spicy foods prepared in my house but could never eat them. My family tells me I must have been switched at birth because of this.

Chazwozel said:
Tinwhistler said:
Chazwozel said:
That is so smurfing sexy.
That blonde girl Tiffany started off really strong, and ate two wham bam, back to back. Then spent 10 minutes * and moaning about how much it sucked.
lol

I remember buying a dozen Habenaros for my chili once, and my father-in-law mistook them for small tomatoes. He popped one in. Hilarity ensued.
We (my immediate family) all eat with some serious heat, and at one cook out we had some habaneros for chili. My dad and I were discussing the Scoville scale, and my younger (26) brother came up and said, "Oh, they can't be that hot." If popped one in his mouth and proceeded to turn from pink to red to purple. I thought we were going to have to take him to the ER. We still laugh at him for that. :rofl:

W

WolfOfOdin

I once had wings that were bathed in Naga Jolokia pepper sauce....

I have a high tolerance for spicy food, but dear god, it felt like i had just swallowed meat that was slathered with hydrochloric acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.