Export thread

HCGLNS has declared war on the Mods!!

Dave

Dave

Okay, folks! HCGLNS has declared war on the mods and admins. When I logged in, I had 33 PMs telling me he robbed my blind.

Espy has the same.

So that's it. It's war.

Steal from HCGLNS. Rob his ass blind. One random successful robber will get a prize from the Shoppe.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Don Gustio put a huge price on your head old man. The Maple Leaf Mafia is going to collect that bounty!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

My kin, thou hast been avenged.

You have successfully stolen funds.
HalBucks from Bank: 1915.26
HalBucks from Wallet: 0.15

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You can't win gentlemen, I've already dispersed 200,000 halbucks into legitimate enterprises and arranged for the local constabulary to look the other way.

All you can hope for now is that the Fumbling Morons lose on Sunday. >:D

Dave

Dave

You want to mess me me, you fucking cock-a-roach?!?

My sister robbed me once!

ONCE!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

"I'm going to get you, HCGLNS, if it's the last thing I do."

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

What is this noise? I'm not a mod and I am Canadian! You son of a bitch...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Bah, you twerps couldn't catch a cold in cold catching season with an electrified cold catching machine.

Admin Note: Bet me, Fucker! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Damn, stealing from folks who aren't mods or admins? What are you doing, trying to spread general chaos?

Waaaaiiit a minute....

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What is this noise? I'm not a mod and I am Canadian! You son of a bitch...
Sorry about that, you'll have it back in a minute.

Because I hate everyone and I'm a big jerkhead! I'll steal from you all!!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

There you go Chad, 7800 back in your bank account.

phil

phil

He robbed me so much I can't afford witness protection from future robbings.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Meh. I can make it back.

But maybe the old man can now afford to buy some RESPECT FOR OTHERS!

Bitch.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

He robbed me so much I can't afford witness protection from future robbings.
Well if you are going to leave 23,000 halbucks unprotected, it's going to find it's way into the hands of the Maple Leaf Mafia. Should have bought some protection >:D

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Haha, it's cool mate I hope you didn't think I was actually upset. But *clutches money* It's how I judge my self-worth!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Haha, it's cool mate I hope you didn't think I was actually upset. But *clutches money* It's how I judge my self-worth!
Just so there's no hard feelings, have another 4,000. Be a good idea to get some protection with that though.

Philosopher B.

Damn you, sirrah. I was saving up for a name-change. And a nose job. I stole like a couple bucks back, though! I think. I also lost a bunch.

*Comical fist shake*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Officer Charon, there are consequences to not accepting the hospitality of the Maple Leaf Mafia.

Pink looks good on you though.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I was only able to recover a paltry 3.83 Halbucks from this heninous theft. Which was enough to prompt a bribe attempt.

As I told him,

"Trying to bribe an officer of the law? I think you'll find that I'm..."

"Untouchable."

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oh, SHIT, old man. Who's the bitch, now?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Easy there, lets not get hasty. Wouldn't want to end up with a fluffy and rainbow user name would you. It could happen, is all I'm saying.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

That would be you, Mr Rob Liefeld Rules.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Damn you, Maple Leaf Mafia! Is there nothing you won't stoop to?! *shakes fist dramatically*

LordRendar

LordRendar

How can a semi-lurker like me earn 50k? maybe with some crime :D

Philosopher B.

How can a semi-lurker like me earn 50k?
Try currying favor with the mods. I suggest keeping them in cigarettes and Old Flappy Hooty Wash.

maybe with some crime :D
Or that!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

"What are we doing?"
"Oh, crime."
"Crime, ah."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

HCGLNS. You stole from me. From somebody with southern italian blood. YOU ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD.

makare

ive tried to steal from dave many times but no luck.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I am a sucky thief.but im gonna start posting more,so I can rob you people more often! (or at least try to...10% sucess rate...yeah,my chances with Megan Fox are better that stealing from someone.)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

HCGLNS. You stole from me. From somebody with southern italian blood. YOU ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD.
Oooh Look at the shakes I am having! Bring it on Princess Peach.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Oooh Look at the shakes I am having! Bring it on Princess Peach.[/QUOTE]

Keep playing with fire... I'm still plotting, but when I'm done plotting, you'll see... the... plot. Thickening?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That would be you, Mr Rob Liefeld Rules.[/QUOTE]

You have gone TOO far, sir!

Element 117

I am a sucky thief.but im gonna start posting more,so I can rob you people more often! (or at least try to...10% sucess rate...yeah,my chances with Megan Fox are better that stealing from someone.)
You have a ten percent success rate with Megan Fox?

Also, I started stealing from HCGLNS because he didn't steal from me and I was offended.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Also, I started stealing from HCGLNS because he didn't steal from me and I was offended.
Don Gustio said not to rob you unless you got feisty.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dude, HC, you even stole from me. You stole a lot from me.

I'll see you at D&D tomorrow night. And you'd better pray to Pelor.

strawman

strawman

Apparently stealing is hard and unprofitable - at least it has been for me.

Oh well. Guess I need to save up for a theft upgrade.

Element 117

Don Gustio said not to rob you unless you got feisty.[/QUOTE]

So basically you do what others tell you to do? Like a bitch? Hmm. I had expected as much.

Disconnected

You have a ten percent success rate with Megan Fox?
Doesn't every one? ooooooooooo

Cajungal

Cajungal

All those messages were annoying. You could have just asked for it. That would have taken... ONE message. Maybe two if I wasn't feeling generous. Jeepers.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You were the most difficult mod to crack. But you had to fall if Don Gustio is to take over.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Well, easy come easy go.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You thought you hide your funds from Don Gustio by putting it in the bank? You thought wrong.>:D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Mostly, I thought I could collect 1.75% daily interest, but sure, there was malicious intent in my constant banking.

PS: What is a Don Gustio? It sounds like a brand of hard liquor.

Krisken

Krisken

So just out of curiosity, how well does the Vault protect someone from theft?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You are immune.

Hmmm, I seem to crippled the Halforums economy.

Start posting people! Don Gustio needs to drop another dime on football this week.

Matt²

hehe

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A kitty cat? There's no kitty cats in the Maple Leaf Mafia! Yeach!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

He stole from me. I find it adorable considering how much I extort from his Mafia on a daily basis. He continues drawing breath due to the amusement it has provided me.>:D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

He stole from me. I find it adorable considering how much I extort from his Mafia on a daily basis. He continues drawing breath due to the amusement it has provided me.>:D
You are just the cutest little fraggle!

=fraggle hugs=

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

How can a semi-lurker like me earn 50k? maybe with some crime :D
If you're interested in a life of crime, crime is interested in you.

figmentPez

figmentPez

One successful steal took 83% of my Halbucks?

WHAT?

This system is STUPID! How do I say I don't want to play this damn game and just have the ability to do the stuff Halbucks allow? (and dont' fucking tell me that there's something I have to god damn buy to stop it, because I don't have the money now you douchebags.)

General Specific

General Specific

You have to buy the protection... *reads bolded line* awww.....

Krisken

Krisken

You are immune.
[/quote]
Bitchen!

FigmetPez, if I had enough Halbucks to buy witness protection and a vault for you, I would.

figmentPez

figmentPez

FigmetPez, if I had enough Halbucks to buy witness protection and a vault for you, I would.
Is that what Witness Protection is for? It needs a better description and to be listed under "Immunities". Also, I don't see a "vault" listed for purchase.

I didn't purchase either because I didn't know what they'd do. Also, I had no clue that ONE successful steal attempt could take over 25,000 Halbucks that had taken me weeks to accumulate. Over 80% of the Halbucks I had collected gone in ONE blow. How the fuck was I supposed to know that was possible? WHY IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Also, if only 3,000 is protected by the bank, why does it cost at least 10,000 to be immune? Some asshat griefer could steal from someone once a week and keep them from ever having enough to buy their way out. FUCK THIS STUPID SYSTEM!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

"Did I win?"

Krisken

Krisken

Sort of. Witness Protection gives you access to buying The Vault, which gives immunity. So altogether it takes 20,000 to be immune from stealing.

Jesus, Silverjelly, wtf?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Sort of. Witness Protection gives you access to buying The Vault, which gives immunity. So altogether it takes 20,000 to be immune from stealing.

Jesus, Silverjelly, wtf?
I... embraced the custom title HCGLNS bought me. I have no Halbucks, he stole them all, I have to find other ways to react :_(

EDIT: also, it made someone happy, so there :tongue:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That image is so accurate it's eerie.

Also the Vault is not a permanent immunity. Should you choose to steal from someone, you lose the protection it offers.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I have to confess that I don't get how stealing is supposed to work. Is it 15% of your money that you can make (and thus end up with 115% of what you started with)? It's obviously not 15% of their money, since our Canadian friend is stealing folks' entire stash.

If that's the case, it seems like there's no profit for people with no cash to steal anything, which seems counter-intuitive.

Dave

Dave

If you steal you get 15% of THEIR stash. You can buy stuff that let's you steal more or have a better chance of stealing.

If you fail you lose 5% of YOUR money.

figmentPez

figmentPez

If you steal you get 15% of THEIR stash. You can buy stuff that let's you steal more or have a better chance of stealing.

If you fail you lose 5% of YOUR money.
Let me again say that this is a stupid system. There is no way that the system should allow 80%+ percent of a person's Halbucks to be stolen in one attempt. That's broken.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Nothing broken about the system at all. Anyone can use it they way I chose to, I was just the first to do so.

Element 117

Yeah, and inspired a bunch of people to want to knife you dead while your kids watch. Or at least cuss you out. :D

Seriously, kids, don't knife people in front of childrens. That's how batmans are born.

Disconnected

I did not know I had to buy protection to opt out of the stealing thing.

also WAR ON NORTH_RANGER! A mod stealing from me? Bitch better step off.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Now that's just low. Mods can give themselves all the money they want, why would North_Ranger decide to steal from you. Must be some sauna induced hysteria.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nothing broken about the system at all. Anyone can use it they way I chose to, I was just the first to do so.
Not if they don't want to take the time. I'd rather spend my time on something better. I don't want to make Halbucks at the expense of others. I don't want to spend all my Halbucks on ways to take more Halbucks from others. And I want a clear way to keep my Halbucks safe. Not some fucking expensive hidden add-on that isn't listed under "Immunities" where I thought I'd go to look for "Immunity from stealing"!

May a thousand balding men empty their electric razors into your coffee mug!

Dave

Dave

Should I raise the amount of cash that is safe in the bank? Right now 3,500 HB is perfectly safe from harm as long as you bank it.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

figmentPez has a valid point in that some one could steal from people continuously to prevent them from ever being able to buy the immunities. If you lowered the Witness Protection to to 5000 halbucks, people could easily save up for it with their 3500 in the bank safe from harm. Keep the vault at 10,000 though, WP should be enough to deter most thieves.

Dave

Dave

Not a bad idea, you thieving scum.

Done.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Done.
GO FUMBLING MORONS!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Should I raise the amount of cash that is safe in the bank? Right now 3,500 HB is perfectly safe from harm as long as you bank it.
Is there any way to link how much is safe in the bank to if you've bought any of the stealing bonuses? Like, you can keep 10,000 safe in the bank by default, but if you buy a loot bag or join the underworld you can only keep 2,000 in the bank.

There should be a cost to stealing beyond the risk of a percentage loss, and it should scale with the maximum amount of possible stolen dollars (not percentage). Someone who has 1,500 Halbucks shouldn't be able to steal tens of thousands with only $75 at risk (and, no, I don't care how much money they may have sunk into stealing upgrades.)

I find it absurd in general that the system even allows 80%+ of a person's money to be stolen in one swipe. Especially since there's no indication that such a large theft is possible if you haven't bought any of the criminal upgrades.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

And what the hell does Witness Protection do anyway?

Shakey

Shakey

There should be a cost to stealing beyond the risk of a percentage loss, and it should scale with the maximum amount of possible stolen dollars (not percentage). Someone who has 1,500 Halbucks shouldn't be able to steal tens of thousands with only $75 at risk (and, no, I don't care how much money they may have sunk into stealing upgrades.)
That seems like a good idea. You can still go on a stealing spree with little to no loss by transferring your money out to another user or alt.

Dave

Dave

There are tickets open at DBT and they are planning to have the following in soon-to-be-released updates:

1. Maximum amounts stolen.
  2. Stealing amounts based on YOUR money, not the money of the target.
  3. Item controls which can stop people from buying the same item more than once. This would help eliminate the person's ability to buy cheap upgrades multiple times.
Right now the stealing is broken. But sine your HB doesn't really DO anything it's not that big of a deal. Once we get it integrated with the arcade, RPG or something else useful it'll be a different story.

HCGLNS was just the first to jump through the loophole. Disconnected looks to be the second.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Right now Witness Protection doesn't do much other than allow people to buy stealing immunity. But it'll have things soon like guard dogs or armed security that limits the chances of stealing, the amount stolen, etc. When these get implemented I'll be raising the cost to join it again.

So the Underworld will have:

Steal more HB: cheap, medium & expensive
Steal easier (+ to steal %): cheap, medium & expensive

Witness Protection will have:

Attackers steal less: cheap, medium & expensive
Attackers steal a lower %: cheap, medium & expensive
Stealing immunity: VERY expensive

If you are a part of one you can't be in the other. If you are a part of neither when you steal you suck at it, you lose money and PROBABLY fail.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Right now Witness Protection doesn't do much other than allow people to buy stealing immunity.
So it costs a lot of money, does nothing, and I'd still have to save up more to actually protect my money? All in the midst of a crime wave. It would have been nice to know that there were options to secure my Halbucks before I found out that 80% steals were possible.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I did not know I had to buy protection to opt out of the stealing thing.

also WAR ON NORTH_RANGER! A mod stealing from me? Bitch better step off.
Bitch? Only to Stephen Fry if he asks. And brother, you ain't Stephen Fry :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Witness Protection right now hides you from theft and costs money to the thief for attempting to steal. They can still steal from you but the chance of success is negligible.

Stealing right now isn't broken. If you want to steal, you can't keep the money you have stolen.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Witness Protection right now hides you from theft and costs money to the thief for attempting to steal. They can still steal from you but the chance of success is negligible.
What does "hides you from theft" mean, anyway? Also, why does the loot bag have a clear and simple description, but Witness Protection doesn't?

Stealing right now isn't broken. If you want to steal, you can't keep the money you have stolen.
And if the thief doesn't care about keeping the money, and just wants to keep others from having any? They can do that all they want, and very effectively. It's not just whittling down the amount that someone has, but taking most of what they have in chunks larger than most posters will see in months of posting.

Krisken

Krisken

Interesting. It was someone stealing from me a ton of my cash while I was in Witness Protection that caused me to save up for The Vault.

Shakey

Shakey

Interesting. It was someone stealing from me a ton of my cash while I was in Witness Protection that caused me to save up for The Vault.[/QUOTE]

:whistling: I think I was only getting a small percentage from you each time. You just had a lot, and I did it a whole bunch of times. That was when you could just dump your money in the bank and you didn't get charged for stealing.

Krisken

Krisken

Lol, that's right, it was the grizzled prospector there :D

So, just out of curiosity, when all of this gets "fixed", Dave, am I going to have to buy all this all over again?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Right now if you don't like stealing, don't steal yourself as this negates the protections of the Vault and Witness Proctection. Keep your money in the bank where it is protected and save up to purchase the Witness Protection item.

When you try to steal from someone in Witness Protection you get a message that you could not find them and are charged a fee for trying to steal. You do not get a success or failure notice. If you are persistent enough you can eventually find them and then get either a success or fail message.

If you try to steal from someone who has purchased the Vault, and they have not used the steal function you get a message that they are immune from stealing and redirected back to halshoppe.

Krisken

Krisken

Right now if you don't like stealing, don't steal yourself as this negates the protections of the Vault and Witness Proctection. Keep your money in the bank where it is protected and save up to purchase the Witness Protection item.

When you try to steal from someone in Witness Protection you get a message that you could not find them and are charged a fee for trying to steal. You do not get a success or failure notice. If you are persistent enough you can eventually find them and then get either a success or fail message.

If you try to steal from someone who has purchased the Vault, and they have not used the steal function you get a message that they are immune from stealing and redirected back to halshoppe.
So there is no punishment for trying to steal from someone who is immune? Boo-urns!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yeah all you get is a message that they are immune. Still haven't learned who the 8th person with immunity is yet.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Except the bank only protects about a third of the cost of Witness Protection, and it'll take the average poster weeks to cross the gap. Plenty of time for trolls, scumbags, griefers and the like to keep them from ever getting any sort of real protection. Not to mention that they have to know what they need to buy in order to realize they're saving up for something (and another something that's hidden).

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Except the bank only protects about a third of the cost of Witness Protection, and it'll take the average poster weeks to cross the gap. Plenty of time for trolls, scumbags, griefers and the like to keep them from ever getting any sort of real protection. Not to mention that they have to know what they need to buy in order to realize they're saving up for something (and another something that's hidden).[/QUOTE]

See previous page where I agree with you and promote a solution to this problem and Dave agrees to implement it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

See previous page where I agree with you and promote a solution to this problem and Dave agrees to implement it.
It's not a solution if Witness Protection is as useless as the Mods say it is, and it remains poorly labled in the Shoppe.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

North Ranger has stolen my moneys? Guys, I'm already a fucking princess, what more do you want?!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

North Ranger has stolen my moneys? Guys, I'm already a fucking princess, what more do you want?!
That's just the disguise function of the underworld. You steal the money but North_Ranger gets blamed.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I hate you.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Done.
It's still 10,000 for WP.

Dave

Dave

Mods can give themselves all the money they want
I don't think so. Admins can but it seems silly to do so.

I'd like to point out that I think the entire stealing ability is retarded and should be removed from the system altogether. Then users can save up HalBucks in peace for simply being an active member. Honestly, I think that's how it should be.

Not have 50k swept away while they really wanted to buy that cool thing in the shop, or were going for a name change and now have to wait two more f'ing weeks (IF they don't get robbed again in the meantime). We have plenty of games were we can 'fight' each other. And Forumon RPG will allow that too, soon. Why add this poorly constructed stealing ability to this?

Note: This has not been posted as a grudge response as I have never been stolen from, and cannot even be stolen from, I just think the system is retarded as it is punishing active people for trying to save up their HalBucks.[/QUOTE]

Want to hear something funny? I think the same thing about the Rep system. :)

But let's not argue in front of the kids, dear.

Krisken

Krisken

Remove the rep system. I know I'm cool with it.

Philosopher B.

Nooo. I'm just getting used to the rep. Plus it allows me to reward awesome posts.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Keep it all the same!

I'm like an old man. I'm afraid of change.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Keep it all the same!

I'm like an old man. I'm afraid of change.
Then I have some VERY bad news for you.[/QUOTE]

Is it about Santa?

Dave

Dave

Ame, I'm about to leave and head home. Let me get there and I'll get on IRC with ya. If you aren't asleep.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well, what ever you decide I think Silver Jelly deserves a reward for being such a good sport.

Krisken

Krisken

I agree HCGLNS. Silver Jelly, you get a star.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Yaaay! ^__^

I still hate you though, HCGLNS.

(Edit: Just got it in the mail!)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Compromise and remove both? :p

Meaning: remove the entire REP system, keep the HalShoppe but remove stealing
But how will I manage to be passive aggressive then?

Krisken

Krisken

Compromise and remove both? :p

Meaning: remove the entire REP system, keep the HalShoppe but remove stealing
But how will I manage to be passive aggressive then?[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, you are.

strawman

strawman

Not if they don't want to take the time. I'd rather spend my time on something better. I don't want to make Halbucks at the expense of others. I don't want to spend all my Halbucks on ways to take more Halbucks from others. And I want a clear way to keep my Halbucks safe. Not some fucking expensive hidden add-on that isn't listed under "Immunities" where I thought I'd go to look for "Immunity from stealing"!

May a thousand balding men empty their electric razors into your coffee mug![/QUOTE]

:tina: