Here's your next cell phone, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
It certainly has a "cool" factor, and it's very intelligently innovative, before I get the tired old "fade hates it bit". Here comes the thought-out constructive criticism part people mistake for me "hating it". I think the whole point of a computer is a self contained information device. I find a smartphone far more appealing than projecting information onto a surface for the very things he cites as a weakness (not to mention the privacy factor). The use cases presented are preliminary, of course, but they're weak. He really lost me around 9:30 when he created a smart phone by using a phone-sized device, a wire clipped back to his neck, and a piece of paper. My phone already does that without all the extra stuff. Overall, it's clever, but the projected, interactive screen has been done and rejected before. A less clever but possibly more useful (and marketable approach) is augmented reality. Make better use of the phone camera and do it in the self-contained information box, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.