Hey, Canadians!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

GO VOTE.
Students, you don't need to be registered:
http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=vot&dir=ids&document=index&lang=e

You don't need to jump through hoops to find your polling station:
http://www.elections.ca/scripts/pss/FindED.aspx?L=e

You don't have to miss the vote for work. Your employer is required by law to give you three consecutive hours off to go and vote.

You have no excuses. Go.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Already done. Packed up the baby and the husband. Picked up the sister and three other friends, went to the polling station and did our part. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Voted on Good Friday.

Wahad

Wahad

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'll be voting tonight after work... not that I believe things will change much (with the possible exception of Liberals losing a lot of support to the NDP).

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Not gonna bother.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Not gonna bother.
Don't make me come over there! *shakes fist*

:p

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I live in a Conservative stronghold. My vote, which is worth 1/5th of a Quebec, Saskatchewan or territory vote, is pretty meaningless here.

I did do it anyway.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Not gonna bother.
*also shakes fist* For shame!

On my way to vote now.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry, I just don't give a shit about politics.

Emrys

Emrys

C'mon, TNG. If I can drag my cynical and apathetic ass into the polling station, you can too.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

Leave TNG be... If he doesn't want to vote he doesn't want to vote.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

If you aren't going to vote, you should go and legally abstain, so that your lack of confidence in the candidates presented is actually documented by Elections Canada.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Every time I vote, I time myself. This year it took me 55 seconds from the time I stopped my car got out and voted to the time that I restarted my car. New Record! And the naysayers said the 1 minute vote was impossible! Look at me now baby look at me now!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Every time I vote, I time myself. This year it took me 55 seconds from the time I stopped my car got out and voted to the time that I restarted my car. New Record! And the naysayers said the 1 minute vote was impossible! Look at me now baby look at me now!
I have honestly never timed myself, but I would be surprised to learn I was in there for more than a minute either. No line at all. One of the benefits of low voter turnout? :p
Added at: 13:34
Leave TNG be... If he doesn't want to vote he doesn't want to vote.
No one's jumping down his throat... And he did post in the thread, so it's not far gone to assume he is willing to be part of the discussion :p And I give a little heck to everyone who doesn't vote: I've already given my sister a bad time since... Well since the election was called! She never votes, and then proceeds to complain about the government. Erg.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Sorry, I just don't give a shit about politics.
You can always draw penises on your ballot...

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Write in Alfie!

Emrys

Emrys

I'm going to write in Dave.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

You could always vote for me, also. I'm definitely okay with that.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Vote for my penis.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Sexington/Allen's Penis: Names You Can Trust!"

MindDetective

MindDetective

Your penis is too conservative.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I totally destroyed this thread :rofl:

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Allen, your penis can be my running mate anyti--

...wait.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Your penis is too conservative.
My penis stands firm in its convictions. No flip-flopping here.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm very interested and wish to subscibe to your newsletter. Does it have pictures?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Guys, I'm going to have to be honest. My penis is honored at the support it's getting here. It's time we all stand, erect and defiant, and take back the Canadian government from whatever party currently controls it.

My penis will be a firm, but gentle, leader. It's tough on crime and pro-family.

Vote my penis. It's pointing to the future. Are you ready to follow?

If my penis stands erect and defiant against the current party in control of the Canadian government for more than 4 hours, I'll need to see a doctor.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'm sorry, but your penis is just too soft on such hard issues as "Surprise Buttsexx!" and "sounds like Nicks prom night!"

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

My penis doesn't deny that it shrinks away from these issues, but that's because it feels they're distractions from larger, more important problems that Canada faces today.
Added at: 13:21
Anyway, before I head out, I'd like to let you all know that I'm painfully aware that my penis can't please everyone. But, if the voters give it the chance it deserves, it will be able to bring Canada into a new age of prosperity.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm sure you will take the matters facing Canada in hand and get down to business once you're elected into office.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Don't listen to the rhetoric! Allen's penis will piss away the budget and screw the middle class, one household at a time!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Well, as long as he is an honest penis, and not a dick...

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Wouldn't be the first time a Dick has gotten office...

(Come on, someone had to say it, eventually.)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

And look how well that turned out.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

My fellow Canadians, my penis is not a crook.

LittleSin

LittleSin

It gives as much as it receives.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That's a ballsy statement, Allen.

Also, I'm gonna go vote, after all. Been depressed today, so maybe walking to the voting station will do me some good. Debating whether to vote NDP or Green.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Are we allowed to reveal how we voted?

Is that taboo?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm sure as hell not voting for Harper. I'll announce that publically with a megaphone if need be.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Oh well. I voted NDP.

I like Laytons mustache.

The truthstache.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I was torn between Green and NDP. I figured the NDP had a better chance of keeping Harper out of office hence my vote for the NDP.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I rarely disclose how I vote, though anyone who knows me would find it ridiculously easy to figure out. I especially try to avoid it if I'm encouraging someone to go vote, as I don't want them to think I'm just trying to push my views. Mostly I am just glad if I can successfully convince people to take advantage of the privilege.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Steven Harper and the conservatives have won majority.

To compare, this would be like Bush getting re-elected for Americans.

So, basically:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!

Null

Null

I understand there was some problem over voting locations, or at least misinformation? (the headline was "potential for massive voter fraud")

Far

Far

Went earlier today and it was very smooth and quick. While I can't say I'm happy with the results I'm not really surprised either.

Emrys

Emrys

Meh.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I've never really been jealous of the US two party system until today.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

It was an exciting night! I love watching elections.

What an upset for the Liberals, and wow... The Bloc was decimated! But my congratulations to the NDP, a very impressive earning, their first time sitting as our Official Opposition. Congratulations to the Conservatives for their much-sought majority parliament. I can't stand Elizabeth May, so hrmph, I say, to her election. But I suppose the first Green candidate does add one more historic moment to the election night. But a SMALL one. :p

I thought Mr. Duceppe's speech was very impressive and honourable. He boldly and unequivocally accepted blame for his party's massive defeat. Graciously congratulated Layton on giving the Quebecois a Federalist voice, and fairly advised him of his obligation to Quebec.

Also, of all the speeches, Harper's crowd was the only one that applauded, instead of booed, at the mention of rivals. That was classy. But, on the other hand, perhaps it's easy to applaud when you're the victor.

All in all, an exciting night for Canada. I had fun watching it!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I honestly figured not much would change. I thought the conservatives would hold steady +/- a few seats and that the NDP would gain a few at the expense of the Liberals. I never counted on the NDP getting 66 extra seats, the Bloc Quebecois getting decimated and the Conservatives getting a majority government. Also, kudos to the Greens for earning their first seat... hopefully Elizabeth May will be included in the leader debates in the future (I always thought it was B.S. that they excluded her).

Congrats to Jack Layton though... the man is a trooper and his charisma and smarts on how to run a campaign have done him proud (seriously... I swear every second youtube ad I had to watch was an NDP ad).

Steven Harper and the conservatives have won majority.

To compare, this would be like Bush getting re-elected for Americans.

So, basically:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!
Hyperbole much?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Did not see it going that way. The country's political map has completely changed. I can't believe the NDP tripled their seats, or that the Liberals and Bloc both were defeated in such numbers.