[Announcement] Hi, I'm Adam, AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from France and decided to give Halforums another try.

Quick update: Lost much of my hair due to stress, lost 30lbs hopefully not due to the same, heading to Nashville in a couple days, tried to hook up with Bubble in Belgium to no avail, ask me anything.

Dave

Staff member
Adam! Are we sure it's you? DO you have a gif you could upload as proof?

:D

Welcome back, dude!

I've tried to portray a somewhat calmer persona than my actual personality would dictate. In cases where my notoriously fractious temper flares, it's easier for me to step away then to 'fire ze missiles'. In this particular case, several overreactions had the Adam Bombs ready to be dropped and I just couldn't pull the trigger. That said, apparently being a dipshit is a popular course of action around these parts so I'm not entirely sure I'm going to keep that trait under lock and key.

Young Leaders conference. Never been myself but we've got tickets to the Opry and that promises to be interesting.

The Opry owns. I went when I was a little kid to see George H W Bush speak and another time to see a performance.

Opry Mills is supposedly really nice. It's a huge mall type complex deal, got really really damaged due to flooding and reopened earlier this year. I still hold a huge grudge at it for replacing Opryland (theme park). Downtown has a lot of nice stuff around - assuming the conference thing is convention center? Demo's Steakhouse / Spaghetti is possibly my favorite restaurant of all time (also not super expensive). I've heard the Country Music Hall of Fame is nice, but it's not really my thing.

Im not much of a new country fan but I grew up with the older stuff like Charley Pride so the Opry will be a nice to-do. The conference is at the Frist Center for Visual Arts but other than that I'm basically going in blind. Apparently GracelNd is near by?

Graceland is in Memphis which is ~3 hours away by car.

OH! Can't believe I forgot the Frist. It's right across the street from my high school! (Hume Fogg represent) It's the one that looks like a medieval castle. The Frist is a pretty solid museum. I've been gone for a while, but usually they have a really great touring exhibit or two, hopefully you'll luck out. (If you like art stuff)

Well, no Graceland then! Did enough driving in France.

I'm moderately enthused by art stuff, preferring older sculpture and painting work to modern art. The conference is technology focused so I'm looking forward to a blend between the two.

How much cooler is Jay compared to say.... a random person on Halforums.... mmm.... Ravenpoe?
The Beard infinitely increases Poe's coolness factor. Jay remains simply infinitely cool + 1.[DOUBLEPOST=1348934075][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh my goodness!! I'm so happy you're posting again!

No question asked here so another picture from France.

This is at Omaha beach. We put 6000km on this rental over 2.5 weeks. And it actually wasn't half bad.

I see you have some espy points saved up. Would you like trade them in for tickets or keep playing for more?

Glad to have you back man. Where you belong. Down here with the rest of us. :Leyla:

I'm just going to assume AMA stands for Adam Macarena A-go-go.
No question here either, France picture:

This is an ancient oak wine cask, one of the largest in France.[DOUBLEPOST=1348934422][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see you have some espy points saved up. Would you like trade them in for tickets or keep playing for more?

Glad to have you back man. Where you belong. Down here with the rest of us. :Leyla:
I see how it works. Espy points -> Tickets -> Badges -> Chits -> Checks -> Token -> Vouchers. I will continue to play for more.

When are we going for beers?

(also, I'm glad to see you're back!)

Also also, why France?

(also also also, have fun at the conference!)

When are we going for beers?

(also, I'm glad to see you're back!)

Also also, why France?

(also also also, have fun at the conference!)
You are now in Vancouver, yes? Next time I'm in town, I will let you know!

I've been to France before, but always as part of a tour so you really don't get too involved in French culture, just Parisien culture (Which is shit). Last year, my wife and I went to Scotland to visit my heritage, where my family originated, places and towns named after us, etc. and this time, because my wife is Quebecois, it was off to visit her heritage in France.

I see how it works. Espy points -> Tickets -> Badges -> Chits -> Checks -> Token -> Vouchers. I will continue to play for more.
I'm just saying, cash out now and this tiny comb could be yours. Take the risk and keep playing and you could win things like this rubber snake or this amazing tape cassette player!

I'm just saying, cash out now and this tiny comb could be yours. Take the risk and keep playing and you could win things like this rubber snake or this amazing tape cassette player!
I'm intrigued by your offer and wish to subscribe to the Espy Newsletter. Also, no question so picture of France:

Most everyone has heard of the song "Sur la Pont d'Avignon" however what very few people know is that the song actually originated as "Sous la Pont d'Avignon" as a missive on the parties that would be held under the bridge, not on top of it as the modern version proclaims.

I'm intrigued by your offer and wish to subscribe to the Espy Newsletter. Also, no question so picture of France:

Most everyone has heard of the song "Sur la Pont d'Avignon" however what very few people know is that the song actually originated as "Sous la Pont d'Avignon" as a missive on the parties that would be held under the bridge, not on top of it as the modern version proclaims.
Did you meet any hobo manpleasers under that bridge?

You are now in Vancouver, yes? Next time I'm in town, I will let you know!

I've been to France before, but always as part of a tour so you really don't get too involved in French culture, just Parisien culture (Which is shit). Last year, my wife and I went to Scotland to visit my heritage, where my family originated, places and towns named after us, etc. and this time, because my wife is Quebecois, it was off to visit her heritage in France.
Vrii is out there now too. I think the BC crowd dwarfs the Ontarians on here now.

Also, that is a really cool way to spend the trip. I've always wanted to go visit Ireland and find out my family history on that side of the family. Trouble is we'd really have nowhere to start. We're not even sure what part of Ireland my grandma came from.... like even if it was North Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. And as far as the other side of the family, well, looking up "Spencer" in England would be a most daunting task, to say the least. And we aren't even sure that's where the Spencers came from. Reportedly there were a large number of Spencers who emigrated to Cape Breton from Northern Ireland during the potato famine... which lines up with the family history.

Status
Not open for further replies.