Export thread

Holiday Treats

makare

I thought we could have a thread dedicated to favorite holiday recipes. I don't have mine here at school with me but I wanted to start the thread before I get home just in case I wanted to make something someone posts. ^_^

So what are your favorite recipes for holiday goodies?

Jiarn

Buneulos by the truckload:

Every year!

makare

How do you pronounce that?

Shakey

Shakey

I love these, and they are super easy to make.

makare

well tell us how dancing prospector guy.

Gusto

Gusto

Christmas means cheesecake.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I just need to not look in this thread anymore.

strawman

strawman

What kind of Holiday Treats are the best?

To crush your arteries, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of your organs.

Shakey

Shakey

Put a bunch of pretzels on a cookie sheet, and place one Hershey Kiss on top of each one.
Put it in the oven for a few minutes until the kisses get soft and you can squish them down.
Put one M&M on each kiss and squish.
Wait till they cool.
Eat.

Fun Size

Fun Size

The best is chocolate cake bourbon balls with a cherry in the center. I haven't made them in a few years, but when I did, ye gods they were good.

makare

Put a bunch of pretzels on a cookie sheet, and place one Hershey Kiss on top of each one.
Put it in the oven for a few minutes until the kisses get soft and you can squish them down.
Wait till they cool.
Eat.[/QUOTE]

That sounds super easy. I might have to make those with my niece.

Shakey

Shakey

That's usually what we do. The little ones really like making them.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Wait till they cool.
Eat.[/QUOTE]

That sounds super easy. I might have to make those with my niece.[/QUOTE]

We did something similar last year, except with Rolos instead of Kisses, to add a bit of caramel to the mix.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Christmas tarts.

Okay, those are nice too. But I was talking about these:

strawman

strawman

You are all treat geniuses! Geniuii? Whatever. I'mma make some treats tomorrow with the kids!

makare

My favorite treats all involve caramel.

Shakey

Shakey

Cajungal

Cajungal

One of my favorite things to make during the holiday are Coconut-Orange balls. Take crushed graham cracker and mix with some OJ concentrate, mix in some unsweetened coconut flakes, roll up, and then dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate and serve. Tangy and tasty.

Also, my pecan pie is the best... but in truth it's just the recipe on the back of a Steen's Cane Syrup can with just a little extra taste of vanilla and way more pecans... and no damn frozen crust.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm going to try and make these for my Christmas party!

I wonder if they feeze well....

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Bitches don't know 'bout my Mince Pies...

Tress

Tress

I bake every year and give out stuff to my friends. It's fun! My grandmother taught me how to bake and passed on her recipes. I'm often told it's not the manliest thing ever, but I love doing it.

I need to come up with some new things this year. I always try to find something new or weird and make my friends try them.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Wait till they cool.
Eat.
Snaps work better than the usual pretzel shape.

Plus, Snaps + Hugs = Snugs, which is cute name, and I'd rather have more pretzel than an M&M on top.

makare

but the ms looks so cute.. and lower case

Denbrought

Denbrought

Tortell de Reis, fo' so'. It's like a marzipan... cake... pastry... thing. And there's a figurine of a king and a bean (made out of plastic, ceramic or just a dried bean) stuffed inside, for the people who eat it to find. It's fun :D

Krisken

Krisken

So simple but so delicious. I wait every year for these things. First, it's awesome cake in November, and then peanut butter cookies w/ Hershey kisses on top for December.

makare

Krisken I was going to post those the ones we make with the peanut butter cups because they are the inverse of the ones already posted. Haha

Baerdog

Baerdog

Our Christmas cookie roster consists of Scottish shortbreads, pecan cups (think bite-sized pecan pies), English toffee, and Linzer tarts (star-shaped sandwich cookies filled with raspberry jam with powdered sugar on top). The Linzer tarts are kinda fiddly to make, but they are divine.

General Specific

General Specific

Mom always makes some Nut Drop Balls (they're cookies, you sick perverts).

I don't know the actual recipe, but they're nut drop cookies that are spheres and have red &/or green sprinkles on them.

strawman

strawman

The rolos need to be heated longer than the hershey kisses, and I suspect that 425 may be a bit high (put them in after my pizza rolls...) but it only takes a minute or three and poof! instant treats.

Obligatory

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Shakey

Shakey

It's seems as though a little mousey has been nibbling on the corner of one of your pretzels. ;)

I want to try them with Reese's Pieces some time instead of M&M's. I like Reese's a little better anyways, a side effect of growing up as an ET fanatic.

strawman

strawman

It's seems as though a little mousey has been nibbling on the corner of one of your pretzels. ;)

I want to try them with Reese's Pieces some time instead of M&M's. I like Reese's a little better anyways, a side effect of growing up as an ET fanatic.
Yeah, the bag of pretzels we bought seems to have only 15-20% fully intact pretzels, and I let that one slide past the TSA scanner (Treat Supply Analysis) thinking it couldn't possibly take out a whole tray of treats all by itself.

I'll have to get some reeses - While the M&M --> Kiss --> Pretzel combination is good, I think that the chocolate + chocolate could be spiffed up a bit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My step-aunt spreads peanut butter between two half-cracker, half-pretzels and then dips them in chocolate. Goooooood, and takes like a second. And it's not Christmas without my Nanny pauline's pecan tartlets.

makare

To keep from taking over the general board with Christmas stuff Ill just post this here.

I am watching A Muppet Family Christmas!

I love that movie. It gives me the warm toasties.