Homeland Security tackles file sharing terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
They came for cheapscarfshop.com and I don't wear scarfs so I did nothing. Then they came for discountpetmeds.com and I don't have a pet so I did nothing. Then they came for hotcoedsbathinginpuddin.com and I died a little.

Makes you wonder how this will end. Homeland security has no checks and balances. They operate by their own rules. This is just another step in that direction. So they can seize web domains without any notification to the owner? You might discount this as most of the domains listed are small but this is a precursor of whats to come. Next they start going after the larger sites. Where do they go next? Pulling records from the seized sites and start going after certain individuals on the list? You can say that won't happen but who would have thought the Department of Homeland Security would seize domains? I'm all for protecting us from terrorists but I'm failing to see how this is their territory.

Makes you wonder how this will end. Homeland security has no checks and balances. They operate by their own rules. This is just another step in that direction. So they can seize web domains without any notification to the owner? You might discount this as most of the domains listed are small but this is a precursor of whats to come. Next they start going after the larger sites. Where do they go next? Pulling records from the seized sites and start going after certain individuals on the list? You can say that won't happen but who would have thought the Department of Homeland Security would seize domains? I'm all for protecting us from terrorists but I'm failing to see how this is their territory.
Because without cheapscarfshop.com the terrorist won't be able to have turbans (They use scarfs ya know) and without turbans they won't attack, it's the basic law of supply and demand, DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.