Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No, I use Grue for all my web needs

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been using Google Reader for about a year now, and I'm wondering why it took me so long to use RSS feeds. I especially love using it for blogs that are rarely or irregularly updated, never having to bother to check only to find the same content that was up for the past month.

Any other Google Reader users here? Other RSS clients? Or do most of you just browse from site to site.

Definitely love the RSS reader. I use Google but have an app on my iPad that displays the feeds really well. It is quickly turning into a morning ritual to read my feeds in the morning with breakfast, not unlike a newspaper.

What do you use on the iPad? I tried flipboard, but while it's very nice in presentation, I don't like how it never gives me the full feed without having to tap on it.

I'm pretty silly. I load up about 70 tabs when I do my "daily" reading, and go through them one by one. I'm quite certain RSS would be more efficient, but every time I've tried, I've missed features of the various sites I visit. I suppose I'm not simply there for the content, but for the interaction...?

I use mobileRSS. You can force it to remember to give you the full feed. Of course, some feeds only give a taste anyway, but you can navigate to the site easily from mobileRSS without having to open Safari.

I use mobileRSS. You can force it to remember to give you the full feed. Of course, some feeds only give a taste anyway, but you can navigate to the site easily from mobileRSS without having to open Safari.
I don't mind when the feed isn't the full article, I just hate how flipbook will even cut those feeds, take out pictures, etc. I'll have to give mobileRSS a look.

If you don't mind having to touch the "download full post" button, which it will remember, then you shouldn't have any such problems.

fade

Staff member
I use Google Reader religiously. It's the first thing I check on the web. I love Recommended Items. Well almost. I hate that the "not interested" button seems to do nothing. I keep getting family photo shoots for some reason, and clicking "not interested" doesn't seem to do anything. I've Googled it, and apparently everyone's having this problem. It's like the "Close Door" button on an elevator.
Added at: 15:14
I also love Read It Later.

GasBandit

Staff member
Welp, you guys got me hooked on google reader now. I used to have nested bookmarks, and I'd "open all in tabs" and my firefox would grind to a halt for a minute or so... then I'd go through each tab looking for new content.

This works much better. And of course, I had to set up a public "shared" feed for the friends and relations at http://www.google.com/reader/shared/gasbandit . Which then got my Dad interested in reader, and he set his up and had it follow my feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.