Export thread

How long are your fingers?

drifter

drifter

So I came upon the notion that guitarists have longer fingers on their fretting hand versus their strumming hand. Sure enough, each finger on my left are about 1/8" longer than the ones on my right.

Still, this may not necessarily be a guitarist thing. Just curious if anyone else has differing finger lengths. And if you do, do you think any activity you practice might contribute to it, as I think playing guitar might for me?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My fingers are the same length, but I've got really strong palms.

Jay

Jay

My fingers are the same length, but I've got really strong palms.
QafEb.gif

figmentPez

figmentPez

My fingers are the same length on each hand. I have short and small fingers, though.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

This is no time for a finger measuring contest!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I play guitar, piano and drums and my fingers show no appreciable differences in length between the two hands

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Fingers on my non-dominant hand are slightly longer.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Apparently mine are slightly longer on my non-dominant hand. Never noticed that.

Gusto

Gusto

Same on each hand, and my hands are bigger than yours.

Wahad

Wahad

I have pretty long fingers, but they're the same on each hand.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Long enough to reach certain... spots... :unibrow:

Emrys

Emrys

Same length fingers and very small hands, which made playing the piano and bassoon a chore at times.

Jax

Jax

Funny, I never noticed it before, but the fingers on my left hand are slightly longer than my right hand. And I'm assuming that my left hand is the dominant one; I do better in sports with my left hand, but I write with my right hand (as well as using the mouse and strumming the guitar). Probably because I just learned it that way

Frank

Frank

The fingers on my silly big hands are identical in length.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Same length on both sides. BILATERAL SYMMETRY BITCHES!

strawman

strawman

I'm not going to check. If I do, it'll be like finding the bad pixel in a new monitor, and I'll never again be able to not notice.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm not going to check. If I do, it'll be like finding the bad pixel in a new monitor, and I'll never again be able to not notice.
Or when you notice the constant squeaking of shoes during a basketball game... you never stop hearing them again... and it drives you nuts.

strawman

strawman