How to get rid of a fever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkangel6988

Morning Everyone,

Well I didn't sleep well last night and i've been feeling mighty icky all morning but I thought it was cause I didn't sleep. I took my temperature and I have a very tiny fever of 100F which is barely a fever but it's only 11 am .

Anyhow I have to get rid of this fever I am having movie night with my friend and wine drinking fun and I haven't seen her in forever and I don't want to have to cancel because of a damn stupid fever . So if you have any suggestions aside tylenol (thats been done I don't feel better lol) Let me know!

Zappit

Staff member
Just keep yourself cool and in one place. Sit your butt down and drink a lot of fluids. That's about the only way to bring it down that I can think of.

You people are being irresponsible making suggestions with so little information. We don't even know what kind of fever we're dealing with here. Boogie? For the flavor of a Pringles? There's a reason doctors ask all those questions you know.

D

darkangel6988

Well ok .....I'll take a cold shower and pray for the tylenol works......I cannot skip the wine sadly. It is Official wine drinking wednesday lol ! It must be done fever or no fever.
I'm in need of some serious fun...i've been bored and cooped up alone!!!!!! and Drinking wine and a movie with one of my closest friends is very crucial to my survival over here in snowy canada while my hubby is away .
It's crucial in order for my brain to stop working on overtime to so I can sleep. I promise though to not post drunken posts or blogs ....

I'll drink lots of OJ too and play video games and possibly watch the stupid movie called Friends with Money! Wish me luck

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

You people are being irresponsible making suggestions with so little information. We don't even know what kind of fever we're dealing with here. Boogie? For the flavor of a Pringles? There's a reason doctors ask all those questions you know.

Boogie lol .....Ur avatar is freaky lol!

Dave

Staff member
I know. It's about tinnitus or whatever that disease is where they hear high-pitched sounds constantly. I laughed my butt off the first time I heard the commercials about it.

Cajungal

Staff member
Do that dramatic thing they do in medical TV shows--have someone rush you into an ice bath while you're screaming and crying or something.

C

Chazwozel

ffppttttt.... doctors are for broken bones. You sound like my mother in law. One cough or sneeze and "you better call the doctor in case you're coming down with something." Unless her fever breaks 102, she's fine.

Do that dramatic thing they do in medical TV shows--have someone rush you into an ice bath while you're screaming and crying or something.
Wait, that was a medical thing for fevers? I just saw it on a soap opera once.

Well, I guess that explains why my wife stopped talking to me for a week after our wedding night...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

ffppttttt.... doctors are for broken bones. You sound like my mother in law. One cough or sneeze and "you better call the doctor in case you're coming down with something." Unless her fever breaks 102, she's fine.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I thought it was 104. Guess I've been playing it risky all this time.

C

Chazwozel

Wait, that was a medical thing for fevers? I just saw it on a soap opera once.

Well, I guess that explains why my wife stopped talking to me for a week after our wedding night...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

ffppttttt.... doctors are for broken bones. You sound like my mother in law. One cough or sneeze and "you better call the doctor in case you're coming down with something." Unless her fever breaks 102, she's fine.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I thought it was 104. Guess I've been playing it risky all this time.[/QUOTE]

102-103 is a moderate fever, above 104 is high fever. I guess you could hold out till you have a high fever. I dunno, I barely go to the doctor for anything less than a broken bone protruding out of the skin.

K

Kitty Sinatra

oh dear god! That's a link I shall avoid given the context.

Anyhow, my advice to darkangel is: Kill it with firewater.

Ibuprofen is compatible with alcohol, so switch to it if it's been more than 6-8 hours after the tylenol, you still have the fever and, you know, you haven't gone to see your friend yet.

D

darkangel6988

Thanks everyone I feel a slight bit better....Still coughy and icky a lil but better then this morning had a nice nap , drank lots of fluids took Ibuprofen instead of tylenol and now let the wine drinking movie night begin. I hope i don't screw myself and feel worse tomo. Maybe i'll stick to one glass instead of the whole bottle lol !

Dave

Staff member
How could I have missed this?!?

You have a fever? The only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

D

darkangel6988

Lol the night went fine... didnt drink as much as I would have wanted to but I'm off to bed since I still don't feel so hot. So sadly no drunken texts, or blogs or forum postings for tonight lol. Sleep well everyone xo

Status
Not open for further replies.