I cant understand the D&DI web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am signed into an account which is subscribed and I can't find the download links for the subscriber products.

I know some of you have D&Di accounts, could someone help me here? Where do I get the dowloads?

doomdragon6

Staff member
I notice that you say "an account that is subscribed" and not that you are subscribed, and that makes me laugh.

And anyway, each thing should have its own section. Like, the "DDI Character Builder" page should have that, and so on.

I think there is only one program to download as a subscriber and that is the Character Builder. All the other programs are accesable through the D&D insider tab under "Bonus Tools". There you will find the Encounter Builder, the Ability Generator, and the Monster Builder. From the tab you can also gain acces to the D&D Compendium which is essentially written stats on every monster, ability, feat, class, item, whatever in the game. And that includes anything from the online magazines which you also now have access to.
The monthly charge is a bit expensive, but everything you get with it certainly makes a player's life easier.

doomdragon6 said:
I notice that you say "an account that is subscribed" and not that you are subscribed, and that makes me laugh.

And anyway, each thing should have its own section. Like, the "DDI Character Builder" page should have that, and so on.
i'm just trying to use unambiguous language. rest assured i actually made the mistake of paying wotc : /

Shawnacy said:
I think there is only one program to download as a subscriber and that is the Character Builder. All the other programs are accesable through the D&D insider tab under "Bonus Tools". There you will find the Encounter Builder, the Ability Generator, and the Monster Builder. From the tab you can also gain acces to the D&D Compendium which is essentially written stats on every monster, ability, feat, class, item, whatever in the game. And that includes anything from the online magazines which you also now have access to.
The monthly charge is a bit expensive, but everything you get with it certainly makes a player's life easier.
nope, when i get to "bonus tools" it doesn't give me access to the tools; it tells me to subscribe so i can get the tools.

the faq says this might be an issue with cookies/cache but when i clear that, nothing changes. for all i can tell the transaction went through.

i am going to do 2 things
1. Pirate an old version of the char. builder and then try to update it using my account
2. send WotC an email

EDIT: updating the char. builder works. so, for some reason, the main page doesnt want to believe i am a subscriber. i'm going to leave it until tomorrow and then shoot them an email.

I had a similar issue. This is what I did to fix it.

I get to the webpage where all the tools are offered. I make sure I'm logged out. I log on. It works.

I have to do this EVERY session. For a site directed to techs and nerds, it sure is a half-assed system.

Status
Not open for further replies.