I didn't even know he was making another movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good people at the Toronto Zombie Walk have just sent me the following:
On September 12, 2009, join us for a special Zombie Walk, a “Special Director’s Cut Edition”, to mark the North American premiere of George A. Romero’s Survival of the Dead in the Midnight Madness selection of the Toronto International Film Festival. Aside from paying a fitting tribute to George Romero on the event of his newest film, we will also be celebrating Romero’s recent status as a bona fide Canadian citizen and Toronto resident!

Toronto has truly become the city of the living dead.
Then of course info on the extra special zombie walk.

I'm not sure if I can go to this because most of my friends aren't nearly as big on zombies as I am, but nonetheless, coolio!

Hey now, if he didn't care about quality he wouldn't have moved to Canada. :zoid:

I actually didn't mind Diary of the Dead as much as most. Land of the Dead was atrocious though. I doubt he'll ever reach the level of quality of the original three again, but so long as he can piece together an entertaining zombie film I'll still watch.

I also neglected to quote the part about Romero being there to meet and greet the zombies at the end of the walk, which is mostly why I'd want to go.

I enjoyed land of the dead, but it certainly did have large flaws, particularly with how far they went with the zombie psychology thing. I'm cool with zombies starting to remember their old life, learn, adapt and so on, but it felt really quick and forced. The main zombie happens to grab an assault riffle, something he probably wouldn't have known how to use properly assuming he had only ever been a gas station attendant and the next thing you know he's fuckin' Rambo leading a charge.

Diary of the Dead was a neat little re-boot, I thought. I liked the first person perspective, for the most part. I'd be interested to see where he goes with it this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.