I found a job !

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkangel6988

Well considering all of y'all have been great support in my life changing moment that took place this summer I wanted to share with all of you that I found a job...It's by no means glamorous or even that great of a job but it's a job !!!! I got full time and tons of hours ...I work with animals at Pet Expert lol !

It's good times and considering I love most animals it keeps me happy . I plan to go back to school eventually but one thing at a time. So I haven't been around much what's new with everyone on here? I must go threw the new threads and check things out....

Just wanted to share my happy news , I feel so much better being able to finally work and not have a husband to tell me to stay home ......Let's be real a 4 year stay at home vacation without kids is just a lil bit too boring !

Hope your all well :)

C

Chibibar

Yay!!! It is good that you found a job that you enjoy. I believe that is a real blessing.

Dave

Staff member
Congrats! I know how good it feels to finally find something after being off a job for a long time.

Good for you!

D

darkangel6988

Thanks everyone :) So far One week down all is still good....Good news is someone quit so I got me a ton of hours which Is awesome ! So parts of this job are kinda gross and nasty lilke cleaning of the animals but really the people I work with are so damn nice I really can't complain....YOu gotta start somewhere and I think this is the perfect start. I feel blessed too that it's right down the street from my house so I've saved money on transport and having to stand in the snow and cold this winter so that's always a bonus!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm off coffee has been drank and it's now back to work I go :) Working is awesome , I have totally missed it and will never allow anyone to make me take such a long break. It's nice waking up having something to do !

D

darkangel6988

I found a dead bird and a mouse got lose was not a good day on thursaday lol :)

D

darkangel6988

Yeah work sleep work sleep work sleep i wonder when i got so damn lucky !

R

rabbitgod

I'm with Espy on this. Those sound like awesome stories. The highlight of my day is that I find slightly more silly issues with the project that I'm working on. For example, the project I'm working on has issues where boxes going to a museum have been split into new boxes, but the museum doesn't take them that way. Some of the new boxes don't actually exist and recently I found out that, despite having been processed over one year ago, several boxes haven't actually been processed.

D

darkangel6988

Well here's a new story for yall then since you find it fabulously awesome......I had to clean the cat cages today and the smell of their shit was so bad I vomitted slightly in my mouth ....Then some bitch ass lady came to the cash and said U told me the wrong price i get it for free now....I really had to bite my tongue on that one....I have to keep remembering I'm no longer a housewife who can cuss out who I feel like , so I kindly told her I didn't have the wrong price and she threw a fit and made fun of me I had to call my other coworker to handle her ass cuz I was about to beat her with my stapler or poke her eyeballs out with my pretty red pen!

I realized today I have anger issues and I probably need anger management....I'm bitter and cold and mean !!!!!!!!! I don't get it when did I become this....atleast before I was happy and cute and bubbly....Maybe tomorrow something more exciting will happen who knows atleast I have a job so I'll just be thankful for that !

Anyone who dares to work in customer service must fight against the urge to become angry and bitter. It is the nature of the biz.

Well here's a new story for yall then since you find it fabulously awesome......I had to clean the cat cages today and the smell of their shit was so bad I vomitted slightly in my mouth ....Then some bitch ass lady came to the cash and said U told me the wrong price i get it for free now....I really had to bite my tongue on that one....I have to keep remembering I'm no longer a housewife who can cuss out who I feel like , so I kindly told her I didn't have the wrong price and she threw a fit and made fun of me I had to call my other coworker to handle her ass cuz I was about to beat her with my stapler or poke her eyeballs out with my pretty red pen!

I realized today I have anger issues and I probably need anger management....I'm bitter and cold and mean !!!!!!!!! I don't get it when did I become this....atleast before I was happy and cute and bubbly....Maybe tomorrow something more exciting will happen who knows atleast I have a job so I'll just be thankful for that !
How long has it been since you last had a job? Reentering the workforce takes a period of adjustment. You're on somebody else's time now, and it takes awhile to not feel like you'd rather be doing something else when you could previously do whatever when you wanted.

I experienced the same thing when I stopped working for a couple of years while attending college. The first job I got after that fucking sucked, because goddamn I don't want to be here retail shiiiiit!

After a month or two, you get better at it, and re-learn how to manage both your time and your temper.

This is hilarious!!! Is this the one on Auguste? I was coming back from a client on the south shore a few weeks back and stopped by at the Best Buy across the street to buy something I was meaning to buy for some time. I noticed the store but didn't go in as I was due to head back in the office. I like staring at the huge aquariums.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.