Export thread

I learned something today..

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

By pressing the Esc button I can stop animated gifs from, well, animating. This is in firefox, but maybe it's like a general function in browsers.

Anyone know any other handy browser tips I/we might not be aware of?

Shakey

Shakey

Don't you like my dancing? :(

tegid

tegid

Aw shit! I tried it and now Shakey's dancer won't dance anymore! Got any way of fixing it??!

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Refreshing the page seems to undo the effects... Neat though!

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Yeah a simple refresh does the trick. It's mainly usefel if you're on a slow connection, or if people make annoying/annoyingly large gifs.
And I love your dancing Shakey :D

tegid

tegid

(Of course, I was joking)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Doesn't work in Chrome.

Rubicon

So, how bout those Celtics? That three pointer from half court by Utah to win the game the other night must have been a crushing defeat

Calleja

Calleja

THat's a neat trick.. I love little things like that. The other day I discovered Windows 7's "shake the window" trick to minimize everything else. Pretty awesome, too.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I found Windows 7's "return to desktop" button is at the bottom right of the screen. I missed that button.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Cool! I would have used the heck of it before my coputery friend came and fixed my computer's overheating problems, but it's still a neat trick!

Shadazz

If you press CTRL + Enter instead of just "Enter", it'll add the www. & .com automatically.
So basically, if you typed halforums it'd pop up with www.halforums.com.
Nifty!

Hylian

Hylian

If you press CTRL + Enter instead of just \"Enter\", it'll add the www. & .com automatically.
So basically, if you typed halforums it'd pop up with www.halforums.com.
Nifty!

And if you use FF you can use

ctrl+shift+enter to add .org

ctrl+shift to add .net

General Specific

General Specific

I found Windows 7's "return to desktop" button is at the bottom right of the screen. I missed that button.
You could have just hit the windows key + D to do the same thing

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

GS, for that little tidbit, we should shake hands sometime.

fade

fade

THat's a neat trick.. I love little things like that. The other day I discovered Windows 7's "shake the window" trick to minimize everything else. Pretty awesome, too.
For Mac users, Macs have done that for-like-ever with cmd-opt-h.

Dave

Dave

GS, for that little tidbit, we should shake hands sometime.
And hitting Windows-E brings up Windows Explorer.

Alt-Tab moves you between active windows. I thought everyone knew that and I did it the other day and my boss went, "How'd you DO that?!?"

Shakey

Shakey

Windows key-tab is the same as alt-tab but fancier.

Dave

Dave

Really? I like Alt-Tab better because it brings up the icons and not just cycle through the tabs at the bottom.

Hylian

Hylian

Really? I like Alt-Tab better because it brings up the icons and not just cycle through the tabs at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

↑ this

Shakey

Shakey

Really? I like Alt-Tab better because it brings up the icons and not just cycle through the tabs at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

In Vista I should say. It brings up a tiled view of all the windows. XP is different.

fade

fade

CMD-tab for mac. cmd-` (backtick) for cycling through a program's windows. In Mac OS, the little overlay that pops up is also mousable, and other shortcuts that affect programs work. cmd-tab to program icon, let go of tab and hit q to quit or h to hide. Useful for closing a bunch of programs quickly)

Deschain

If your computer starts shutting down for some reason and you don't want it to, open up Word very quickly. If you're fast enough it'll open and then save 'Do you want to save this document?' since it's a new one, hit cancel and the shutdown is averted.

Also I was going to mention Windows+D but you stole it GS.

Dave

Dave

Windows-Break opens a Systems menu. I found this one by accident as one day I hit windows-a, windows-b, windows-c....Just to see what the keys would do.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

control-w usually closes the window that currently has focus.