I love this song and I am not ashamed

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

LOVE IT

LOOOOOOVE IT

I'm an all star, mofos

Cajungal

Cajungal

Enjoy it. :) Dance about your home with glee.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I love this song and I'm not ashamed!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Why would you be ashamed about liking all star? Its a classic.

Gusto

Gusto

Especially 2:25 into it when the fucking song actually begins.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

SMASHMOUTH EAT THE EGGS

Bowielee

Bowielee

I have a serious weak spot for 90s techno-pop.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I used to love All Star until it was played everywhere AND appeared in half of the movies around that time. Mystery Men, Shrek, and Rat Race to name a few.

Also, if it's wrong to unironically love this song, then I don't wanna know what's right:

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Yeah I like it too, the song of a freakin' era!

And people like "The Touch" ironically? Who are these people so I may punish them?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I had no idea there was so much support for All Star. I'm often criticised for my love of it. I'm pleased to know this is a safe space.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

GasBandit

GasBandit

So many near misses in this thread - you like All Star, I like Then the Morning Comes. You like Dr. Jones, I like Barbie Girl. You like Born This Way, I got hooked on Bad Romance for a couple months. You like Sweet Dreams, I liked Be My Lover. You like Best Friend, I liked Tarzan and Jane.

These were the songs played at cosmic bowling, after midnight when the lights went down, the blacklights went up, and 90's dance music went on the PA system. Ahh, a simpler time.

But I'll throw a new one out there, too.

I love this song and I am not ashamed!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If you are in the car with me and this comes on the radio, you will be subjected to me belting it out full force.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I had no idea there was so much support for All Star. I'm often criticised for my love of it. I'm pleased to know this is a safe space.
All Star was the first pop song I can remember being popular. It will always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I have ever not been in the mood for some all star.

Incidentally, I'm loving the nostalgia from this thread. I don't think I had heard or thought of Dr. Jones since the 90s, and until now I didn't know that was its name.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

All Star was the first pop song I can remember being popular. It will always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I have ever not been in the mood for some all star.

Incidentally, I'm loving the nostalgia from this thread. I don't think I had heard or thought of Dr. Jones since the 90s, and until now I didn't know that was its name.
Fun Fact: All Star was the very first song I downloaded on Napster, in the computer lab of my highschool. Which is where my friends and I would go to avoid pep rallies and play Jedi Outcast deathmatch.

Memories...

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

play Jedi Outcast deathmatch.
Oh my god now I want to play Jedi Outcast

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Gusto

Gusto

I just thought of another couple but I'm not in a position to post YouTube videos at work.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Spoilering for page load times, not because I'm ashamed to like Superchic[k]

GasBandit

GasBandit

Spoilering for page load times, not because I'm ashamed to like Superchic[k]

Yeah, I went back and spoilered mine too, load time was getting a bit hairy on this thread.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Though that is an awesome song, so no real shame there.

As opposed to this...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I love Smashmouth, I don't see how anyone would be ashamed of loving their music.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I love Smashmouth, I don't see how anyone would be ashamed of loving their music.
I'm not happy about the casual destruction of classic cars, but I have nothing against the music.
Also:
I love these songs and I am not ashamed:

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I love these songs and I am not ashamed:
Brofist for Blood, Sweat & Tears

Bowielee

Bowielee

I kind of feel like people are missing the point of the thread. It's supposed to be music that you SHOULD be ashamed of, but aren't, not good music :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I kind of feel like people are missing the point of the thread. It's supposed to be music that you SHOULD be ashamed of, but aren't, not good music :p
Hey, I posted a Europop video!

I also like

and

and

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Bowielee

Bowielee

Thank you for illustrating my point. I don't know in what hipster universe anyone would look down on you for listening to Queen or The Cars.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Bowielee

Bowielee

There ya go. /puts on headphones and blasts Britney Spears

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Thank you for illustrating my point. I don't know in what hipster universe anyone would look down on you for listening to Queen or The Cars.
Everyone born after 1993 apparently ;).

Bowielee

Bowielee

Everyone born after 1993 apparently ;).
Queen is one of the most sucessful, influental, prolific, and talented bands in the history of rock and roll. I don't think many people would dispute that. If they do, I fear for the youth of today.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Bowielee and I are kindred spirits.

Just Me

Just Me

Not Gilbert & Sullivan.
And I also love the movie!

Bowielee

Bowielee

This is really shameful to admit, but I loved the Popeye movie

figmentPez

figmentPez

Speaking of movies that just aren't quite right... I still love the Chipmunk Adventure music.

I wonder what the "The Girls of Rock 'n' Roll" would sound like covered by a band without the chipmunk voice effect.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Please don't tell anyone how much I love this song. I have a hater image to uphold.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Just Me

Just Me

Nothing wrong with easy listening. Here are a few favorites I always have and always will rock to ;-)

Not just ABBA from sweden (whom I totally love!)

Bowielee

Bowielee

Speaking of ABBA and Techno-Pop

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Waiting for the music equivalent of Charlie to hop in and say everything we listen to sucks.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Waiting for the music equivalent of Charlie to hop in and say everything we listen to sucks.
Meh. Plenty of "wrong" music in this thread, but little "bad" music. Not everything has to be serious :p
(Also, I'm not a music Charlie. try Fade? :p)

Just Me

Just Me

THIS!

And everything else from him!
I just hope that somewhere out there he's now rocking with Freddie Mercury!

Gusto

Gusto

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Please don't tell anyone how much I love this song. I have a hater image to uphold.

I love this song!!![DOUBLEPOST=1368316221][/DOUBLEPOST]
And this!!

This thread makes me happy!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Queen is one of the most sucessful, influental, prolific, and talented bands in the history of rock and roll. I don't think many people would dispute that. If they do, I fear for the youth of today.
Yeah, the kids of today hate Queen and love Journey...

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

So, back to the point of this thread, I love this song and I am not ashamed:

Bowielee

Bowielee

[DOUBLEPOST=1368324809][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ain't nothing wrong with loving Pink.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm going to make a playlist out of this entire thread.

Here's another.

16 year old me would be so dissapointed.

16 year old me was also an idiot.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm going to make a playlist out of this entire thread.

Here's another.

16 year old me would be so dissapointed.

16 year old me was also an idiot.
I concur with

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ok...this thread has inspired me to be honest. I really like this song. It puts me in a great mood.

Just Me

Just Me

German Disco Pop!

LordRendar

LordRendar

I love singing this song in the shower.

Bowielee

Bowielee

You know that awkward moment when everybody's telling crude jokes and there's that one comment that someone makes that's just a bit over the line... That's what this post feels like :p
Ok...this thread has inspired me to be honest. I really like this song. It puts me in a great mood.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Me too!

Also, I admit having a fondness for the following songs...

I have a thing for sappy movie themes...

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Some people are starting to get the right tone for this thread :D

As for me:

and last but not least

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Jay

Jay

This :

and

Mostly because of what I relate this song to... you know... BAO BAO CHICKA BOW WOW SWIIIIING

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I love George Michael!

Mostly because of what I relate this song to... you know... BAO BAO CHICKA BOW WOW SWIIIIING
George Michael has that covered, too.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Not a joke, not trying to trick anyone. I really liked this song (still do), and got annoyed when it became the internet equivalent of Punk'd.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I've developed an odd fondness for "Freak the Freak Out" by Victoria Justice and "The Story of Us" by Taylor Swift

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, then. How about a bunch that always infect me, making my toes tap even though I almost feel embarrassed to be caught listening to them?

I didn't realize this was in Iron Man 3 until last week.

You think we're done/But we start up again/We ain't ever gonna end this song

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

I just adore this remix. It's particularly hypocritical because I used to give my little sister so much shit for loving Hansen.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I am not ashamed to have put this one in my library:

EDIT: can't get Soundcloud to embed. Follow the link Catbug Boogie

Frank

Frank

I'd judge you all in your taste in music if I hadn't been listening to Stabbing Westward for the last 2 days.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nostalgia strikes again...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Kati would like to chime in with the following:
"These people do not know how to properly not be embarrassed by embarrassing music."

"This took just about twenty minutes. I could go on, but you probably wouldn't want me to."

--PatrickKati

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh man. Snow - Informer. That. Is back in the DAY. It's hard to get more "early 90s."

Krisken

Krisken

I'd judge you all in your taste in music if I hadn't been listening to Stabbing Westward for the last 2 days.

That was once my favorite band. Saw them 5 times and a friend tackled some girl for the drumstick the drummer threw out to the audience and gave it to me.

Frank

Frank

That was once my favorite band. Saw them 5 times and a friend tackled some girl for the drumstick the drummer threw out to the audience and gave it to me.
They were one of my favorites too. I wasn't really old enough to ever see them live.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Oh man. Snow - Informer. That. Is back in the DAY. It's hard to get more "early 90s."
And even with scrolling lyrics, I -still- don't know what the fuck he's saying.

Other than licky boom boom down.

Frank

Frank

Infooooormah, a liggidy boo daw ba ha lew blaaayaaam ah licky boom boom doooooown

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Yup - THAT'S a winner. That's the kinda trash we're talking about. I thought about putting Rico Suave up, but that has too much kitsch value. I will say that I do actually own the Gerardo CD, whereas I only have the Informer mp3.

As for Informer, Ravenpoe, do you mean you don't know the words scrolling across the screen or you don't know what those words mean?

Bowielee

Bowielee

"This took just about twenty minutes. I could go on, but you probably wouldn't want me to."

--PatrickKati
Dear Kati,

Bette Middler is a national treasure and talent for the ages.

Sincerely,

They Gays

Just Me

Just Me

Oooooh yeaaaaah rock me Redhead!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dear Kati,

Bette Middler is a national treasure and talent for the ages.

Sincerely,

They Gays
I don't dispute it, and neither does she, but when she was in college, her neighbor in the dorm would belt* along to this at least 3 times/day. Poorly.
And so for her it has a certain association.

She did think of this one after...

--Patrick
*warble/screech/yodel/yowl/etc.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Um, I touch myself was the Divinyls, not Blondie.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I freakin' love I Touch Myself.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I freakin' love I Touch Myself.
I was a Karaoke DJ for a few years and the amount of times I've heard drunk frat boys sing this song is astronomical.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I've only done karaoke once, but, I could see myself drunkenly singing that song.

Siska

Siska

One of the few records in English that I actually went and bought. In my youth I mostly listened to Swedish music + whatever was on MTV.

Pretty suggestive lyrics for a 12 year old to listen too. Of course I barely understood English back then.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Pretty suggestive lyrics for a 12 year old to listen too. Of course I barely understood English back then.
Could have been worse :

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Breaking my usual anti-rap stance. Because Ludacris.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Um, I touch myself was the Divinyls, not Blondie.
Both, actually.
And Kati specifically called out the Blondie version. So that's the one y'all get.

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

Both, actually.
And Kati specifically called out the Blondie version. So that's the one y'all get.

--Patrick
Nope, that was definitely the Divinyls.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Both, actually.

--Patrick
Quick research suggests there is no Blondie version, it is erroneously believed to exist. Divinyls all the way![DOUBLEPOST=1368753460][/DOUBLEPOST]
Breaking my usual anti-rap stance. Because Ludacris.

There's a Ludacris song I like but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called and I can't find it on YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1368753671][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind.

Never mind.

I'm a racist.

It was Lupe Fiasco.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

There's a Ludacris song I like but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called and I can't find it on YouTube.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I am a little embarrassed, actually.

Dave

Dave

Fuck, N_R! I have never heard that before and I fucking love it! Time to look up some of their other stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1368756184][/DOUBLEPOST]And tell Kati I liked almost all of those songs. For myself? A song I thought everyone loved but I hear almost universally now that they always hated it...

edit: Fuck you, Vevo.

Krisken

Krisken

FUCKING LOL, I JUST LISTENED TO THAT. Like, 3 minutes ago.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I love Beds are Burning. Both the original version and the Novaspace club version.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fuck, N_R! I have never heard that before and I fucking love it! Time to look up some of their other stuff.
I love Poets of the Fall. I first heard of them from Max Payne 2 (which I loved), where they were asked to write a song that was featured in the game.

Just Me

Just Me

Wild 80s...

Also:

LordRendar

LordRendar

My brothers boyband.It is hilarious and I love it.

I realy like this song from "Die Antwoord" a South Afrikan band. Warning this is VERY NSFW

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Yesssssss

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I agree. I don't really care for Queen (though Mercury was a seriously talented dude), but The Cars are fantastic.

I do like Princes of the Universe, but I just get tired of Another One Bites the Dust, We are the Champions, and Bohemian Rhap.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I don't care if it's getting over-exposure on some radio stations. I love this song.

Dirona

Dirona

I don't care if it's getting over-exposure on some radio stations. I love this song.
For reasons I don't understand, it reminds me of one of my favorite songs by my absolute favorite band.

PatrThom

PatrThom

For reasons I don't understand, it reminds me of one of my favorite songs by my absolute favorite band.

Really? Musically, it reminds me of some kind of blend between these two.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Informer is absolutely awesome in its very own way.

That said....

Considering I was, at the time, being mocked in school for listening to opera and classical music, my love for this song is completely odd.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Also, skip the intro's and crap, song starts at about 30 seconds in - I like this version better than the original:
http://vtm.be/the-voice-van-vlaanderen/mayken-en-ziggy-krijgen-de-studio-stil

BananaHands

BananaHands

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

A little off topic, but I do love this song.

What American English sounds like to non-english speakers.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Of all Time!

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I feel like you need an intervention.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I feel like you need an intervention.

Emrys

Emrys

That clip makes me blow milk out my nose every time I see it. Even when I'm not drinking milk.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ok, a few more.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Because for some reason I couldn't find the What are you listening to thread (I even searched!) I'll post this here instead.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Bowielee

Bowielee

The sins of my youth that still linger!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I may make this my ringtone:

phil

phil

Bubble181

Bubble181

--Patrick

Had never heard it, but great song :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

My brotha by anotha motha.

phil

phil

My brotha by anotha motha.

also:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

GasBandit

GasBandit

I used to have a dot matrix printer that sounded like that whenever I turned it on.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I used to have a dot matrix printer that sounded like that whenever I turned it on.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Is it bad that one of my primary reactions to that was "they are going to ruin those hard drives."?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you like stepper motor music, you need to check out this youtube channel.

Bowielee

Bowielee

This is officially the nerdiest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

NO SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowielee

Bowielee

NO SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a kick ass remix of this song.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ian Van Dahl is nothing to be ashamed of.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

This has probably already been posted (it might have even been by me) but I can't be bothered to back read.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I love Cascada! And Natalie Horler (who recently did a Playboy photoshoot :unibrow: )

GasBandit

GasBandit

Heh, this is turning into a Trance support group.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Heh, this is turning into a Trance support group.

I'm not gay, but if I was I'd fuck the shit outta BT. I'd bang JES too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm not gay, but if I was I'd fuck the shit outta BT. I'd bang JES too.
Last month I went to a family reunion, one of my little cousins (of about 14 or so) had just discovered Basshunter, and she gushed over him like he was Justin Bieber or something. It was kinda cute, in an eyerolling way.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Considering what I look like, people getting in the car and hearing this girl's music is always hilarious.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Considering what I look like, people getting in the car and hearing this girl's music is always hilarious.
Hey, PonPonPon lit up the Internet pretty well for a while there.

--Patrick

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah that got me started, ended up hunting down her singles and what not afterwards.

Bowielee

Bowielee

PatrThom

PatrThom

Rockin'-est song ever about cannibalism.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

I like this artist even though his songs are...

DUBSTEP!

(some of you might recognize this one from Little Big Planet Karting)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

PatrThom

PatrThom

Really? The one from the movie that I couldn't pry out of my head for days was this one.

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

I like the movie, but I don't remember the music at all.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I like the movie, but I don't remember the music at all.
The only music I remembered afterward was actually the Sugar Rush theme song with all the japlish in it. You know... ESS YOU GEE EE ARR Jahpintooyaracin-car SUUUGAR RUSH! SUUGAR RUSH! It was a freakin ear-worm.

evilmike

evilmike

I appreciated the following song from Wreck-it Ralph because of the Easter egg nature of it:

After all, how can you make a movie about video games and not give him a theme song by Buckner and Garcia?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I appreciated the following song from Wreck-it Ralph because of the Easter egg nature of it:

After all, how can you make a movie about video games and not give him a theme song by Buckner and Garcia?
Hey now, Garcia is dead (and had no more extra lives).
Also, I own the 1999 CD.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Not really a song, but I finally have the courage to come clean and be truthful to myself.

I like Nickelback. I enjoy more of their music than I dislike. I really do not understand why everyone hates them.

Dave

Dave

Not really a song, but I finally have the courage to come clean and be truthful to myself.

I like Nickelback. I enjoy more of their music than I dislike. I really do not understand why everyone hates them.

Probably because their entire catalog sounds like it was written by a "rock generator" computer program. Nothing is original. Everything is boring, derivative and musically takes absolutely no chances at all. It speaks - I'm sorry to say to those who like them - to the lowest common denominator. Their music is just commercial and bland without a shred of heart or soul. I know you can say that about a lot of bands, but not about a whole catalog of music by a single group. Unless they are either unknown or struggling. Nickelback's fame amazes me.

evilmike

evilmike

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, I liked that movie. Even though I've only ever seen it one time, edited for television.

--Patrick

tinabeebz

tinabeebz

can't stop
2 kawaii
2 metal