I think I'm what's wrong with America

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on my W2 I claim 8. They take out $0 for my federal income tax. I just filed my taxes I get $7990 back. Think about that, I paid them $0 bucks and their like oh hey, you paid us too much money, have 8k back!

Even with 0 income tax, you still pay social security, medicare, and so forth. Certain exemptions allow you to reduce those taxes as well.

Some credits, such as the child tax credit, are not tax reductions, but truly credits - you get that money even if you don't have any taxable income.

I know, FLP, just trying to be like hell yeah 8k for free!

BTW, The Child tax credit, Earned Income Credit, it's basically saying here's money for getting laid at least once, good job awesome guy!

Dave

Staff member
I've never gotten back more than a thousand or maybe 1500. How the hell do you do it?

I managed to get $1,000 for my tax return this year. Half of it will go towards bills and the other half will go towards a Nintendo 3DS and money for the Emerald City Comicon.

I've never gotten back more than a thousand or maybe 1500. How the hell do you do it?
Dear Dave: Have more sex so that you can make more kids, so that you can get more money, so that you can have more sex, so that you can make more kids, so that you can get more money (the old cocain commercials from back in the day)

W

Wasabi Poptart

Last year we got back more than what Crimson Soul is getting. Since my husband is military we get back all of the taxes he pays, plus we had other credits because of the two kids and me being in college. :D I'm looking forward to this year's return.

J

Jiarn

You have to have at least children, but make under a certain amount in the state of Texas. I think you have to make less than 28k a year. It really doesn't balance out more than having a better paying job.

My tax return this year is going to suck. Lost my job, got a new one, had unemployment payments. Thankfully, the wife of one of my friends is an accountant... :D

You have to have at least children, but make under a certain amount in the state of Texas. I think you have to make less than 28k a year. It really doesn't balance out more than having a better paying job.
Texas has nothign to do with federal taxes and depending on if you're married or not it varies from like 25k or so to like 45k or so

GasBandit

Staff member
I've never gotten a tax "refund." I refuse to make interest-free loans to the government.

Edit - doh, Neon Pirate said that already. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.