[Music] In today's "No Shit" file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, what it says is that music has become more homogenous. You could argue that, over time, we have learned to distill the favorable essence of music, discarding that which does not work, such that now all music is pleasing to the ear. Science has just proven that modern music is better. :troll:

S

Soliloquy

Actually, what it says is that music has become more homogenous. You could argue that, over time, we have learned to distill the favorable essence of music, discarding that which does not work, such that now all music is pleasing to the ear. Science has just proven that modern music is better. :troll:
In time, there will be only one song, and it will be perfect.

All hail Hypnosong!

Yeah, the loudness war has gotten out of hand. All the subtlety is gone when albums are mixed, every note is just cranked up to eleven.

But modern pop artists, and the music they make, are really no better or worse then they have ever been.

M

Magister Moonie

Does it suck? Or has it been so RIGOROUSLY PERFECTED that we now know the perfect formula for musical enjoyment? Perhaps we have reached peak music.

Dave

Staff member
Bieber and "You a ho, you a stupid ho" are the pinnacle of musical perfection? I somehow doubt it.

M

Magister Moonie

Bieber and "You a ho, you a stupid ho" are the pinnacle of musical perfection? I somehow doubt it.

Nicki is a crazy person, I don't know if that's good or not.

Justin Beiber is the shit. Listen to this. IF I WAS YOUR BOYFRIEND, NE'ER LET YOU GO. KEEP YOU ON MY ARM GIRL, NEVER BE ALONE. I CAN BE A GENTLEMAN, ANYTHING YOU WANT

look at how dark this is. He's changing for this woman. He has so much money in his pocket but his identity is intrinsically linked to his relationship with another person. Justin Beiber is defined not by the merits of his own success but by the affection of others. That's deep.

Nicki is a crazy person, I don't know if that's good or not.

Justin Beiber is the shit. Listen to this. IF I WAS YOUR BOYFRIEND, NE'ER LET YOU GO. KEEP YOU ON MY ARM GIRL, NEVER BE ALONE. I CAN BE A GENTLEMAN, ANYTHING YOU WANT

look at how dark this is. He's changing for this woman. He has so much money in his pocket but his identity is intrinsically linked to his relationship with another person. Justin Beiber is defined not by the merits of his own success but by the affection of others. That's deep.

Seems like a good place to post this.

That especially works with songs in a piano bar...

I spent a day getting smashed in a piano bar under a hotel once, and the piano player just read the lyrics to the same tune. Whether or not if the song fit the tune he was playing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dynamic range has definitely suffered in favor of raw volume, I can attest to that much in a professional capacity.

What's interesting is that the study concludes dynamic range has basically held steady since the 50's. I guess it's harder to tell when it ranges between loud and superloud.

GasBandit

Staff member
What's interesting is that the study concludes dynamic range has basically held steady since the 50's. I guess it's harder to tell when it ranges between loud and superloud.
My needles tell a different story. So much contemporary music just holds them in the red and vibrates them.

Status
Not open for further replies.