[Question] iPod Touch question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded a podcast directly onto my ipod. Decided I didn't want it anymore, so I deleted it from my iTunes library. Next time I plugged my iPod in, it just copied it over again. Changed the podcast settings on my ipod so only podcasts I select will be on there. While it no longer shows up when I look at the list in iTunes, it is still there on the actual iPod. How do I delete it permanently? I even tried doing a factory reset, but an unspecified error prevented that.

I've done that. It is unchecked, I have it set to only sync episodes of selected podcasts, its not listed as a podcast on the device...but it is still saved on the device. And when I sync it, it copies back in to my library.

iOS 6 might have a bug. 6.1 is due soon. Other than that, since I haven't seen that issue, I don't know what else to try.

Norris , are you trying to delete an individual episode, or an entire podcast's history?
Also, are you doing this from inside the Podcast app, or from within Music?

--Patrick

iOS 6 might have a bug. 6.1 is due soon. Other than that, since I haven't seen that issue, I don't know what else to try.
Not running iOS 6, actually.
Norris , are you trying to delete an individual episode, or an entire podcast's history?
Also, are you doing this from inside the Podcast app, or from within Music?

--Patrick
Well, I only downloaded one episode. So both. And I'm trying to do it within iTunes, because I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the iPod itself.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the iPod itself.
If you are using the iPod "Podcasts" app, you can delete an individual episode with the iPod's usual "swipe horizontally to reveal a delete button" gesture. If you are trying to delete the entire podcast (all episodes) from the iPod, go to the top level podcast page (the one that says "Catalog" in the upper left corner) and swipe down on the screen to reveal the "Edit" button, which will then let you delete that podcast.

If you want the computer and iPod to stop trading back and forth, delete it individually from each, and the next time you sync there won't be a podcast left to get passed back and forth.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.