Iron Man 2 footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elph

[spoiler:10l5sr04]This is a bit confusing. In the one scene you have Stark saying 'you cannot have my Iron Man' and then in another you have the War Machine suit in a military hanger with Rhodes saying 'I want it all'. So, since (as I remember) in the comics, Stark was pretty much secret about the suit and there really wasn't much the government could do because they really didn't know who to go after. In this one, the government knows who Iron Man is, they're denied, but Rhodes gets a suit anyway...[/spoiler:10l5sr04]

That seem about right, or did I miss something obvious?

Either way, can't wait till next summer. This looks very cool.

elph said:
[spoiler:2zrrd8z1]This is a bit confusing. In the one scene you have Stark saying 'you cannot have my Iron Man' and then in another you have the War Machine suit in a military hanger with Rhodes saying 'I want it all'. So, since (as I remember) in the comics, Stark was pretty much secret about the suit and there really wasn't much the government could do because they really didn't know who to go after. In this one, the government knows who Iron Man is, they're denied, but Rhodes gets a suit anyway...[/spoiler:2zrrd8z1]

That seem about right, or did I miss something obvious?

Either way, can't wait till next summer. This looks very cool.

You could have missed like 45minutes of movie that take place in between those two scenes?

I can't wait for this movie.

[spoiler:2ddngk1g]I'm betting that the compromise reached is that Stark gets to keep his if he provides another one for the Gov't to use. Thus, fuckin' War Machine![/spoiler:2ddngk1g]

I, personally, still want Terrance Howard as Rhodey, as he fits the bill better than Don Cheadle, but at this point there's not much that can be done about it.

I still don't see how whip guy can really be a threat to iron man. The guy has no defences that I can think of, unless those things deflect Stark's mostly energy based weapons.

phil said:
I still don't see how whip guy can really be a threat to iron man. The guy has no defences that I can think of, unless those things deflect Stark's mostly energy based weapons.
I got the impression he attacked while Stark didn't have the armor. Perhaps that's a major plot point... he only attacks when the armor isn't being used?

I don't know much about Whiplash, but I THINK (and don't quote me on this) his whips were electric, so they caused the armour to short out. Something like that.

R

Rubicon

phil said:
Even if they deflect Starks repulsor energy, iron man still has rockets and other armanents and HE CAN FLY. Unless those whips are miles long once extended, Iron Man can, ya know, simply hover out of range of the guy. Kinda like a tall guy putting his palm against a short guys head and holding him back.

Villains never have to fly, or climb, or whatever.
A flaw that heroes have is that they don't like to get other people hurt in the process.
So if you want a hero to come to you, just start killing people.

[spoiler:339vbtv4]WAR MACHINE.[/spoiler:339vbtv4]

Oh man I'm so excited. I hope they release this as a real preview so the audio isn't so hard to make out.

Even if they deflect Starks repulsor energy, iron man still has rockets and other armanents and HE CAN FLY.
Eh, kinetic energy is still energy...

But Whiplash isn't a big enough villain for an entire movie... especially if we also get [spoiler:ig3hqub3]War Machine[/spoiler:ig3hqub3] too [spoiler:ig3hqub3](which btw i'm hoping get made coz Stark got incapacitated somehow and Rhodey takes the armour that the government stole from Stark)[/spoiler:ig3hqub3]. Hopefully [spoiler:ig3hqub3]Black Widow's[/spoiler:ig3hqub3] employers have other surprises in store for IM besides Whiplash.

I would not be surprised to see Whiplash in a suit of power armor by the end of the film. So far we're just seeing "prison break" Whiplash.

I

Iaculus

Looks cool, but I can't wait for a better-quality vid. That was freakin' awful.

Bellygrub said:
I would not be surprised to see Whiplash in a suit of power armor by the end of the film. So far we're just seeing "prison break" Whiplash.
Seeing some pictures a while ago it looks like he goes all Crimson Dynamoish when he builds an actual suit.

Frankie said:
Bellygrub said:
Seeing some pictures a while ago it looks like he goes all Crimson Dynamoish when he builds an actual suit.
I've heard that they smashed the two characters (Dynamo and Whiplash) together so that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.