Export thread

Iron Man 2 Release Date in Mexico:

Calleja

Calleja

April 30th.

Release date in the US: May 7th.

Calleja's reaction: WOO HOO!! SUCK IT, SUCKERS!!

Hylian

Hylian

April 30th.

Calleja's reaction:

FTFY

Chazwozel

April 30th.

Yeah, at least our movie theaters aren't powered by a donkey/ carrot on a stick assembly on a treadmill!

Calleja

Calleja

Wanna suck it even more? Our move theaters are just as good and sometimes even BETTER than the theaters I've seen and been to in the US, and we pay about 4.50 USD tops for a normal ticket, about 6 if it's 3D :biggrin:

This is a blurry shot of the theater I was in yesterday:

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

What?!

Well thanks. I was happy about this midnight premiere ticket, but knowing it's a week later just makes it empty.

Calleja

Calleja

You're all gonna be like "WOOO! WAR MACHINE!!!" and I'll be all like "yawn, man, that's so last week"

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

:'(

LordRavage

That picture of the theater looks 'shopped. ;)

tegid

tegid

Yeah, I'll see it May 1st... but the theaters here are stupidly expensive. 7 € for a 2D ticket? the fuck?

Calleja

Calleja

Uh? Why? You don't believe there's a Cinemex chain?

http://www.cinemex.com/

It's an old chain so for instance in Mexico City a cinemex could be the oldest, crappiest theater or the newest better one, depending on which complex you go to. My town has just opened 2, though, so they're pretty good, modern, 3D/IMAX theaters. We have another 4 decent theaters and about 3 really crappy ones.

tegid

tegid

The original one looked more like this

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh nooooooooo I have to see it a week later, my life, she is meaningless

No

Wait

Perry, maybe you can help me out here.

Thanks, Per-Per.

Calleja

Calleja

I'll be all like "Whoa! Didn't you guys LOVE it when Black Widow was all--- oh, wait, you won't see it for another week! My bad"

And you'll all be like "Dammit, Calleja!!"

Chazwozel

The original one looked more like this

[/QUOTE]

He's lying. That's a movie plex in San Diego.

Calleja

Calleja

If I had my car right now I'd so drive up there and take a picture of myself in front of that theater holding a "SUCK IT!" sign, but since the car won't be here for another hour and by then I'll have lost all interest I'll just say SUCK IT next Friday when I'm watching Tony Stark be all funny while you people are eating big macs or whatever.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I almost want to care, because the little guy's trying so hard.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Which is the country that everyone wants to go to, Mexico or the US?

Calleja

Calleja

Everyone? Neither?

Ezeran

April 30th.

It's out on the 29th in the UK. What do I win?

Chazwozel

I was going to wait for Iron Man 2 to come out on DvD...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Everyone? Neither?
You know what I mean. The US is the one that has a problem with all the Mexicans trying to come here. Don't think theres a major problem the other way...

Calleja

Calleja

Actually there's a several months-old thread around here with a link to a Daily Show piece on how lots of american citizens, especially elderly ones, are crossing the border (albeit legally) to use Mexico's health care system instead of theirs... so.. NYAH!

Dave

Dave

I've seen Tijuana and Juarez. Dirty places.

That's what I like about Mexicans. They never take their work home with them.

[/racist bastard]

Have fun at the movie but please don't spoil it. I'm taking my son midnight on Thursday.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm gonna be mad spoilerin' left and right all next week, bitches, I'm gonna be all like "yo, Dave, that's an interesting post, it reminds me of how in Iron Man 2 Warmachine saved Iron Man from that super secret villain!"

....yeah ok, I won't, please don't ban me.

Dave

Dave

I would never ban anyone for spoilers. I may edit the post and berate you verbally, but wouldn't outright ban you.

Chazwozel

I like to give Calleja his moments, like not mentioning his 'four men crossing the street' tramp stamp. :)

Calleja

Calleja

Pssh, you're just envious of what a clueless girl recently called my "pedestrian tattoo"

Biardo

hi calaja just want to say relaese date in Belgium: 28/04 so nah:awesome:

@Li3n

@Li3n

hi calaja just want to say relaese date in Belgium: 28/04 so nah:awesome:
It's also showing here starting on the 28th, but it's an avant-premiere and most of my friends still don't have jobs, so they have no money for it...

LordRavage

Pssh, you're just envious of what a clueless girl recently called my "pedestrian tattoo"

I knew you looked familiar!

;)

Calleja

Calleja

I WISH I LOVE THAT MOVIE

No, but yeah, I'm pretty fucking pale. The sun is trying to kill me.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

My friends in South Korea say it's coming out this Thursday. That makes me the opposite of happy. Unhappy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

"Pedestrain tattoo," heehee.

Man, I'm more jealous about the ticket price than the release date. There's one theatre about 15 minutes outside my hometown that still have a 5 dollar matinee. Even though it's far, I think it's worth it... no just because it's cheaper (day AND night), but because the crowd there is always much more polite than the ones in the city.

Calleja

Calleja

Down here the politeness of the crowds vary more by the time than the location, mostly. You have to know at what time to go to avoid the screaming, stinky masses.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Yeah, I can go to pretty much any 11:30 am/noon feature after something's been out a few days and expect an older, quieter crowd. I love them "early bird" showings.

Calleja

Calleja

I do the opposite and go the to the very very last showing, at like 10:40pm on a weekday. almost no crowds, no children, quieter.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I saw Kick-Ass at 7:30pm on a Monday, and besides the one HAW HAW KNEE SLAP guy it was a good crowd. Though the couple who brought the 6 year old and the infant...

Cajungal

Cajungal

:confused: GOD.

Calleja

Calleja

Where do you guys like to sit? Me and my friends are religious about being at the very middle of the aisle, middle of the screen and in front enough that the screen takes up most of your viewing angle which is not many rows in front of the center of the theater but still too close for lots of people. So it's easy to get our favorite seats without being the first ones in, that's pretty cool.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like sitting at the tippy top right in the middle so I can hear the projector. It adds something to the experience for me. Plus then I can make shadow puppets after everybody leaves.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We're seeing it the weekend after it comes out, so it'll be two weeks after Caligula. Double under Mexican!

I didn't see the first one until a couple months later when The Incredible Hulk was in theaters. Went for a double-feature and had a good time.

Calleja

Calleja

I LIKE TO GO TO THE PREMIERE AND SIT ON THE VERY FRONT ROW SO I'M TECHNICALLY THE FIRST IN THE THEATER TO SEE IT CAUSE THE LIGHT GETS TO MY EYES FASTER!!!!

what?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I used to enjoy opening nights, but they grew more disappointing as time went on, and it's cheaper to go Saturday morning.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I like to go to opening day showings, but only early in the day when most people are at work or school. That way it's less crowded and there aren't that many kids. When I saw Fellowship of the Ring my friend and I went to the noon showing. Schools were still in session but he and I were done with our finals. It was the best movie experience I've ever had.

Ezeran

Just gonna add quickly the movie is awesome from start to finish! And you should know this about marvel movies now but stay til after the credits

Shannow

Shannow

I LIKE TO GO TO THE PREMIERE AND SIT ON THE VERY FRONT ROW SO I'M TECHNICALLY THE FIRST IN THE THEATER TO SEE IT CAUSE THE LIGHT GETS TO MY EYES FASTER!!!!

what?
I will take the hit and wait the extra days, and rejoice that I am not in Mexico. That alone makes it worth the wait. :)