It's a holiday in Cambodia...(and other places too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's coming to visit me in November and we are planning to do three weeks in the southwest of china, vietnam and other nearby places.
So far we want to go to Cambodia and check out the Angkor Wat but we haven't made any plans after that.

Any ideas or recommendations?

This might seem bad, but when my family went to cambodia, we saw a cockfight and it was a ton of fun. The people were going crazy and it was really exciting. If you're not turned off by the idea of it, I'd definitely recommend it. Also, if you go, bring a few bucks for betting on the fights.

Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot.....

Thanks for the thread title, I'll have that stuck in my head all day. I am jealous of your trip to Ankor Wat.

This might seem bad, but when my family went to cambodia, we saw a cockfight and it was a ton of fun. The people were going crazy and it was really exciting. If you're not turned off by the idea of it, I'd definitely recommend it. Also, if you go, bring a few bucks for betting on the fights.
My family went to mexico when I was in fourth grade and my dad took my brother and I to a bull fight so this suggestion isn't off the menu. I'll certainly think about it.
Added at: 01:54
Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot Pol Pot.....

Thanks for the thread title, I'll have that stuck in my head all day. I am jealous of your trip to Ankor Wat.
I was hoping someone would catch that. I hear the best way to get rid of that is to just listen to the song to completion.
Added at: 01:55
I can't see youtube from china. what is it?

Title of thread, song.

Man, I've always wanted to see Angkor Wat. You know why? Fucking video games. Illusion of Gaea for the Super NES.

For SW China I REALLY liked Yangshuo in Guangxi province. That's where the picture on the back of the 20RMB comes from. I got a picture of the same mountains. That's the li river and its clean, clear, beautiful and I had a wonderful time kayaking down it without another soul in sight.

For SW China I REALLY liked Yangshuo in Guangxi province. That's where the picture on the back of the 20RMB comes from. I got a picture of the same mountains. That's the li river and its clean, clear, beautiful and I had a wonderful time kayaking down it without another soul in sight.
Dude funny you mention that. It's one of my life goals to visit all the places on Chinese money.

50 rmb is gonna be the trickiest one I think. Hangzhou is pretty close to me I think I can knock that off in a weekend.

That's my plan. I can take the the fast train from Shanghai to Hangzhou. I might just knock it out next week since its national day and all that.

I'm in Nanjing. Any idea what day you were planning to go?
Huh, you're in Jiangsu? Had no idea you were that close. Uhm...I didn't have a definite day, I just kind of assumed Thursday or Friday would be better since the holiday ends Wednesday and I have two days off after that (although gotta work Sat/Sun...don't you love Chinese 'holidays'). I suppose I might be able to wiggle on the day depending on ticket availability.

EDIT: I mean to say, my vacation starts Saturday like everyone else, it just extends an extra two days longer than normal. I just naturally assume tickets will be next to impossible to buy from Sat-Wed, although I could be wrong...it's not usually as bad as Spring Festival

Yeah...my holiday is sat to thursday.

A friend and I are going to try and make it to Shanghai and catch a hockey game though if this doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.