It's Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
In before "I don't like ketchup".

Also, I like ketchup. Me and the rookie go through like a litre of it every 2-3 weeks.

They've finally done it! Don't you see? They're going too far! The Ketchup industry is playing God! Their hubris will be our downfall!

no longer will I have to steal ketchup from Whataburger just to be able to properly dip my fries.

Heinz, you have given me the opportunity to leave this wretched life of crime and rejoin mainstream society. O Hosanna!

Yes, they have added onto the awesomeness of Whataburger's Fancy Ketchup tubs...

Now to only if they would pre-add the greatest ingredient missing from most lowly ketchups... Tabasco Hot Sauce.

They've finally done it! Don't you see? They're going too far! The Ketchup industry is playing God! Their hubris will be our downfall!
Maybe you're not getting enough ketchup in your diet. You know, ketchup has natural mellowing agents that make life seem less unpleasant.

This message brought to you by the National Ketchup Council.

I like the package...But three times as much ketchup? Damn you americans with complementary condiments! We'll be paying through our noses for those! (It's €0.50 = $0.70 for a packet of ketchup now, what'll it become?!)

I like the package...But three times as much ketchup? Damn you americans with complementary condiments! We'll be paying through our noses for those! (It's €0.50 = $0.70 for a packet of ketchup now, what'll it become?!)

Not all of our condiments are complimentary here. Some places do charge $0.10 - $0.50 for them but usually that is for ranch or barbecue sauce. They usually don;t charge for ketchup packets but if they ever do start charging for them I may have to start bringing my own bottle with me or I could risk going broke :)

Typically the only time I'm charged for condiments is if I ask for more. I've seen some places (Arby's in particular) that'll have a sign explaining their condiment policy.

figmentPez

Staff member
(It's €0.50 = $0.70 for a packet of ketchup now, what'll it become?!)
You pay 50¢ or more for a quarter ounce of ketchup? Seriously? That's messed up. Amazon has 200 packets (eligible for free shipping) for just over $10. Call it 5¢ a packet, though I doubt a major chain pays that much, and that's a 1000% markup. Charging for packets to prevent loss is one thing, turning them into a leader on profit margins is absurd. If this new packet starts selling for $1+ it will be the customers' fault for being sheep.

Cajungal

Staff member
There's a mediocre chicken strip restaurant down here that everyone goes MAD for, but what everyone really loves is the sauce (which is actually pretty easy to duplicate). They charge a quarter per extra sauce and I think they sell it in larger quantities now, too. Ya know how places like that all have their version of the seasoned ketchup/mayo mixture? It's just that with some other stuff.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I learned the greatness of Heinz ketchup in Ireland. It's a bit more sour than the Finnish brands, so it's great in my traditional Finnish student food: pasta bolognese (or spaghetti and hamburger sauce, as we call it). For everything else, I use the Finnish brand. I go through... at least two litres a month.

Maybe you're not getting enough ketchup in your diet. You know, ketchup has natural mellowing agents that make life seem less unpleasant.

This message brought to you by the National Ketchup Council.[/QUOTE]

You win one internet!

http://gkcatsup.ytmnd.com/ - listen all the way through.

I love PHC.

R

Reboneer

I think I'm missing something... what's so great about these packets?

I don't like ketchup (tomatoes are fine as they are dammit) but i remember seeing something like that... don't know it is was ketchup though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Can't you already do that with those packets with the two small tubs, that you squash together for squeezing?
I don't believe I've ever seen anything like that.[/QUOTE]

It's been a while, but I have seen a packet like that, though it wasn't ketchup. It was a sauce packet in Lunchables Deluxe, about two decades ago. I don't think I've seen that type of container since.

M

makare

I don't like ketchup (tomatoes are fine as they are dammit) but i remember seeing something like that... don't know it is was ketchup though.
do you wrap your fries in individual tomato slices or what?

P

Philosopher B.

I'm more of a mustard man.
AW YISS. You eat the good shit? By good shit I mean the spicy kind that either takes hair off your chest or puts it the hell on you (depending on the original state of your chest).

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't like yellow mustard that much, but I love coarse, spicy brown, horseradish, Dijon... I used to love yellow but not so much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.