[Funny] It's Puntday: Let's field a new set of puns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last punday flew pretty wonky, and I admit I dropped the ball on that one. I've set another goal to get some yardage out of this game, so let's have another play.

We need to evaluate the gain and loss from such threads, before deciding what to call them. Without a full squad of players, the fun of these threads is reduced to half or even a quarter. Back in the days when people didn't pun so much, a good pun was akin to hailing Mary, but now they tend to fall flatter than pancakes.

My knowledge of previous threads is incomplete and I'm pretty sure I missed catching the last one. When was the last time one of these got much play?

The last one bombed, so I'm hoping a blitz will provide coverage. With the right play we won't fumble this, and it won't go down.

This doesn't seem like a good sub-forum to position this thread in. The punsters who don't like the politics just aren't going to go for it.

Hey now, just pointing out that I had to fumble around to find this thread. If the reception to well-intended criticism is crying foul, maybe I should walk-on.

Hey now, just pointing out that I had to fumble around to find this thread. If the reception to well-intended criticism is crying foul, maybe I should walk-on.
Oh man, I write a whole draft before I realized you were actually participating! You really caught me offside there. I'm afraid I'm going to take a pass on this one.

Okay so, somebody remind me why we're doing sports puns. I mean, I got no problem with it, but if I'm gonna take a shot, I want to be sure I'm aiming for the right goal, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.