Export thread

It's the end of an era.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The soda that made it cool to be overcaffeinated is no more - RIP, Jolt cola.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nowhere around me has ever sold Jolt. Is it any good?

Shannow

Shannow

Huh, I just had one for breakfast. They are from upstate this way too :(

Hylian

Hylian

I stopped drinking soda and energy drink except for on occasions but I still remember living on sodas like Jolt and I am sad to see it go :(

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

*pours out a 20oz...

*watches the grass die...

Jay

Jay

I remember going to LAN parties and drinking 6-7 Jolts... goddamn it was like a blowjob in a can. Amazing.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Never was a fan of Jolt, but I sympathize with those who loved a soda and lost it....

:tear:

Bowielee

Bowielee

I loved Crystal Pepsi. It also led to one of my favorite SNL parody commercials. Crystal Gravy.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I remember going to LAN parties and drinking 6-7 Jolts... goddamn it was like a blowjob in a can. Amazing.
I hope that is sarcasm. Otherwise, somebody is doing it wrong.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I hope that is sarcasm. Otherwise, somebody is doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

:D-:thumbsup:

Dave

Dave

NOOO!

Oh well. Haven't had one in quite a while. I cut down considerably on caffeine. I won't miss it and there's a shit-ton of new things that give that caffeine buzz.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That's just in Dave, I think people moved on when Energy Drinks really took off.

*takes another gulp of her Sugarfree Red Bull*

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I thought Jolt was through many many years ago.

Huh.

makare

Hmm I dont think I have ever heard of Jolt Cola.

Well, now you will only be able to get it at the one store where the guy has saved cases and cases of sodas. Someday he may be the richest man on earth.

Chazwozel

NOOO!

Oh well. Haven't had one in quite a while. I cut down considerably on caffeine. I won't miss it and there's a shit-ton of new things that give that caffeine buzz.
Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.

Dave

Dave

NOOO!

Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.[/QUOTE]

So is spinach but I don't care for that, either. Caffeine could be manna from the Gods and I would cut down on it because it makes me jittery and I have trouble sleeping.

Soliloquy

Does anyone here remember surge? That crap was nasty, but man did it make me hyper as a kid.

Ahead of its time, it was.

Shannow

Shannow

NOOO!

Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.[/quote]

So is spinach but I don't care for that, either. Caffeine could be manna from the Gods and I would cut down on it because it makes me jittery and I have trouble sleeping.[/QUOTE]

I got yer manna of the god right here!!!!!

...you cant see it, but I am thusting my pelvis at the pc and pointing to my crotch.

Shit, visual euphamisms dont work on this, do they

Jake

Jake

NOOO!

Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.[/QUOTE]
Give it 2 years and it will be bad again.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I remember when they stopped making Surge. Of course, I also remember they fucking tested it in high schools and middle schools. I would literally get a bottle of it every day just by asking a rep that was handing them out in the area. That shit should be illegal.

Shannow

Shannow

I remember when they stopped making Surge. Of course, I also remember they fucking tested it in high schools and middle schools. I would literally get a bottle of it every day just by asking a rep that was handing them out in the area. That shit should be illegal.
hahahaha, i remember that! It was great, we had 2 machines in highschool, and it was 25 cents a can

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Surge was sewage through and through. I drank Mt. Dew for my fixes.

Dave

Dave

Surge was sewage through and through. I drank Mt. Dew for my fixes.
It's not Surge. It's Slurm.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Slurm would have tasted better I'm sure.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Does anyone here remember surge? That crap was nasty, but man did it make me hyper as a kid.

Ahead of its time, it was.
I'm pretty sure Surge became Vault, which has even MORE caffeine.

That's the one thing I always thought it did not have enough of.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That would explain why Vault is just as disgusting. :eek:rly:

elph

Jolt Cola was what put the final nail in the coffin for caffeine to have any effect on me. I drank a 3L in 1 night when I was 15. I wasn't exactly bouncing off walls, but I was a little more wired then normal for a few days. After that, caffeine has no stimulant effects anymore (other then keeping withdrawal headaches away).

Wasabi Poptart

Jolt was great when I was working midnight shift and needed to stay awake for a few more hours than usual after work. There was only one 7-11 store I knew of that had it and it just happened to be across the street from my place. :D

Chazwozel

NOOO!

Give it 2 years and it will be bad again.[/QUOTE]

Haha, too true.

nufan

X-Stream BLUE!

Scudworth: So you're product is called—
X-Stream Mike: X-Stream Blue! It's a power snack!
X-Stream Erin: Stick it in your face-hole!
Scudworth: This is something you eat?
X-Stream Mike: It's really just pancake batter mixed with blue paint in a sports bottle—sick! Tight! Cyber! Awesome!
Scudworth: I see...now for allowing you to test market this product on my students, I am willing to be paid $2,000,000.
X-Stream Mike: Allow me to confer with my associates
['...To the max...I have low self-esteem...]
X-Stream Mike: We accept your offer
Scudworth: Dead presidents, Mr. B!

Zappit

Zappit

A thousand rapid heart beats will thunder at half-speed tonight...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can't imagine why it failed.

Oh wait, yes I can. I've -always- heard people talk about it, always wanted to try it (or at least did when I was a kid, and it was totally the most caffeine you could possibly get!) but have NEVER SEEN IT SOLD ANYWHERE, EVER.

I've been all over the Southeast, and never saw Jolt available for sale.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Me and the rookie bought out the local convenience store tonight of all it's regular Jolt (not Jolt's God awful non-cola selection).

It was worth it.

SeraRelm

Jolt was the precursor, now people who think Jolt is awesome get laughed at by people who drink Red Bull.

In ten years I expect to see solid blocks of caffeine being sold as suppositories.

Shannow

Shannow

Jolt was the precursor, now people who think Jolt is awesome get laughed at by people who drink Red Bull.
This.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Damn right!

*takes another swig of her Sugarfree Red Bull*

GasBandit

GasBandit

In ten years I expect to see solid blocks of caffeine being sold as suppositories.
What will they call it? Butt Buzz? Sodomizer Soda? Colon Cola? Crappfeine?

SeraRelm

What will they call it? Butt Buzz? Sodomizer Soda? Colon Cola? Crappfeine?[/QUOTE]

GasBandit

GasBandit

What will they call it? Butt Buzz? Sodomizer Soda? Colon Cola? Crappfeine?[/quote]

[/QUOTE]

?

Jake

Jake

A professor I consult for mixes pure caffeine from a 1 kg jug into his tea. I'm not sure I should mention the suppository idea to him...

Qonas

Would it be wrong of me, as a non-caffeine consumer looking in from the outside, to consider caffeine and caffeinated drinks the new cigarettes?

I say this as I run far, FAR away from the mobs now wanting to eviscerate me. :p

Bowielee

Bowielee

Caffine is the most widely used drug on the planet.

Rob King

Rob King

Me and the rookie bought out the local convenience store tonight of all it's regular Jolt (not Jolt's God awful non-cola selection).

It was worth it.
It makes me so happy that you have a rookie.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

CAR RAMROD!

Litreofjoltcola?

Qonas

....you didn't say Car Ramrod. :(

Chazwozel

Would it be wrong of me, as a non-caffeine consumer looking in from the outside, to consider caffeine and caffeinated drinks the new cigarettes?

I say this as I run far, FAR away from the mobs now wanting to eviscerate me. :p
I think people have been drinking coffee on a regular basis since the 1800's...

figmentPez

figmentPez

it was like a blowjob in a can. Amazing.
Are you sure you're not thinking of a different product? (link to Gizmodo may be NSFW, no nudity, but it is about a sex toy in a can.)

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Blue is by far the best flavor ever, followed by the cherry. Ultra and Silver sucked, and I have never actually tried the plain old Cola because I have never seen it sold anywhere.

chakz

If caffeine did to me what cigarettes are supposed to do to you I wouldn't drink it.

Ok I probably still would, but I'd at least stop talking to my brother about his smoking habbit.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What will they call it? Butt Buzz? Sodomizer Soda? Colon Cola? Crappfeine?[/QUOTE]
http://www.rectal-rocket.com/

--Patrick

Roxxoredizorz

I remember, one day coming home from the amusement park, and my brother and his friend bought a bag full of Jolt Cola candies, and ate the whole bag on the way home.

I was then a punching bag for them when we got home.

Good times, good times.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Blue is by far the best flavor ever, followed by the cherry. Ultra and Silver sucked, and I have never actually tried the plain old Cola because I have never seen it sold anywhere.
I preferred the plain old cola.